Port everglades

connes1

On my last cruise on the allure of the seas this past August I had a problem with items missing from my luggage. When my luggage arrived to my stateroom I was missing a video camera, children's goggles and sunglasses. Has anybody else had item is missing from their luggage upon arrival to their stateroom in port everglades?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

On my last cruise on the allure of the seas this past August I had a problem with items missing from my luggage. When my luggage arrived to my stateroom I was missing a video camera, children's goggles and sunglasses. Has anybody else had item is missing from their luggage upon arrival to their stateroom in port everglades?

Never had anything missing, but carry on anything valuable.

We put zip ties on the luggage zippers to deter opening the luggage.

Royal will not open your luggage, if they think there is contraband they will send the luggage to the naughty room and you open it.

zip ties on luggage also. That way you might figure out where things disappeared (airport, vs cruise port)

Did not fly. It had to happen between dropping off at curb to stateroom. Good idea to use zip ties.

Did you report this to Royal Caribbean?

Did you report this to Royal Caribbean?

Yes I did report it to Rccl they had no info. The strange thing was my luggage arrived to my stateroom by 1 p.m. (very early). The silver lining was I recieved replacement value for my camera from my travel insurance.

About TSA locks

Royal has no key for those locks. I find out the hard way when they broke my lock once during departure. I wouldn't mind if it was a 5$ lock but it wasn't

I never had anything taken from a luggage but they lost my luggage once but they find it 3 days later

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I never ever place any valuables in checked luggage. There too many opportunities between the time you drop off and it's delivered to your cabin for items to be taken. They should go in carry-on luggage only.

You are totally 100 percent correct. I felt a little foolish that I did that...I would normally know better don't know what I was thinking. The thing I don't understand is what happened to my sons goggles and sunglasses with the combined value of 10 bucks.

You are totally 100 percent correct. I felt a little foolish that I did that...I would normally know better don't know what I was thinking. The thing I don't understand is what happened to my sons goggles and sunglasses with the combined value of 10 bucks.

Sorry to read about your loss, and is interesting -- why the googles and sunglasses?