princess lodges dinner reservations?

justlindal1

• 2 weeks later...
Do I need to make dinner reservations in advance for Denali Princess or McKinley Princess Lodges? thnks

We never had any trouble getting in without reservations when we were there. Please understand that schedules are very different than in the lower 48. I know that most nights it was close to midnight when we ate because we did not get back to the hotel from excursions until then.

Of course depending on when you go don't expect it to get real dark either.

Last summer we stayed at the McKinley Princess. The dining room seemed very unorganized, with extremely long waits for those who had no reservations. Fortunately we made reservations, as the front desk was also so disorganized that somehow it seemed like it would be a good idea to have dinner reservations. Also, the dining room service was very unorganized, with tables not receiving their entrees at the same time (ie, a table for four received three meals at once with a great delay before the last person received their entree). While my vegetables were hot, my entree was lukewarm.

We tried breakfast at the grill, but the line was horrific. We checked out and drove up the Parks Hwy to Mary's McKinley View Lodge where breakfast items which are supposed to be hot were served hot, and the orange juice was chilled.