Best trip for stingrays in GC.......

123linz123

Can you use a credit card? I'm going to book with them based on your review!

Yes you can, but there's a four percent additional fee. I know because I booked with them, and that's what they said in the confirmation email.

I'm looking forward to it end of february!

• 2 weeks later...
I went on the Allure a few years ago, and it was very crowded,

I am looking for something with fewer people if possible.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

We used Captain Marvins last March and will be using them again next month. They were great!

We also enjoyed native ways but have dying to do the jetski excursion by island marketing
You really need to be an experienced "rider" or love an adventure. We did this and the water isn't smooth and its a long ride out. We had three on a jet ski and I was terrified.

You really need to be an experienced "rider" or love an adventure. We did this and the water isn't smooth and its a long ride out. We had three on a jet ski and I was terrified.

We had 2 people on a jet ski, my wife was on the back and didn't like it but I loved it. Just have to go fast to stay on top if the waves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

Any help would be great.

Thank you

We just got back from Grand Cayman and would recommend Captain Chip and Stingray Sailing. It's the best excursion to Stingray City! Chip limits his tour to 25 people and the 43-foot Far Tortuga catamaran is an excellent way to spend the day in Grand Cayman. His website is Stingraysailing.con

• 2 weeks later...

We were aboard Brilliance for the Grand Cayman stop on 4/14(Monday) and had gotten a confirmation email from Sharon at the Port of Tampa as we were departing...had only sent our original email earlier that morning.

When we arrived at the pier in George Town I spotted Eldon easily and checked in with him early. There were only two others who did the stingray, snorkel and coral reef excursion. All 4 of us were shocked he did not cancel due to the number. It was all but a private outing which all 4 of us totally loved.

It was the single best shore excursion I've done on all of my cruises based on the hospitality and warmth of the entire NativeWay crew.

They are really wonderful people.

We originally tried to book with Moby Dick tours, but they replied and told is they were not sailing the day we were in port. They told us the only other tour they recommend is Stingray Sailing. So, we booked with them. Captain Chip and Kevin were great!! We loved our tour!! Only 13 of us on the boat. We had a blast. We have already booked with them again for our Carnival cruise this October.

Their website is stingraysailing.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any help would be great.

Thank you

We have used Captain Marvin's twice and loved it both times. No more than about 20 people on their boats and threes stops. Good crews, fair price and conveniently located just a block left from where the tenders let you off at the dock. They have a web site. Check them out

Cheers, Kenn

We were there 4/11 and had a fantastic day with Capt. Mario and crew on Big John with Acquarus Sea Tours. He met us at the port about 11:00 ship's time (We shopped before) took about 20 people to his boat a short, nice, van ride away. We visited the reef to snorkel, (amazingly fantastic) Starfish Point, and then Sting Ray City. They fed us hot pizza, they took Pix - we can download them for free. Dropped us back at the tender dock 45 mins before last tender. VERY PROFESSIONAL. Highlight of our cruise! $50pp. I will repeat this the next time we visit Grand Cayman.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On Nativeway...not a fan. We booked with them a month and a half before our day in Grand Cayman. Confirmation email said to check in by 9 and tour departs at 9:15. We were on shore by 8:15/8:30 and spent some time looking around for anything Nativeway...no one with a shirt, hat, holding a sign. All we found was a sign tied onto one of the shade tent posts. We then walked around the shops in just the port area and were back sitting in front of their sign by 8:45. By 9 when no one was around I took a walk around the port area again to see if I was missing anything. By 9:10, I asked one of the ladies hawking stingray trips if I was looking for Nativeway in the right spot. She said we were in the right place and called someone with nativeway for me and passed me the phone. The gentleman on the other end said we were late and that they had waited for us for a half hour. I explained our confirmation said 9:15 and it was 9:15 and he spun some BS about being confused between ship and island time and I should jump on a tour with the lady I was talking with and would only miss the rum point part of their tour.

My watch was set to ship time which was the exact same time as the ice cream shop in the port which was the exact same time as the clock on the tour bus we ended up on. There was ZERO confusion on our part as to what time it was. Further, if they had "waited for a half hour" as they claim, we were in the port area a significant portion of that supposed time frame looking for them or standing right by their sign.

This was not our first rodeo with booking excursion on our own and we've been on plenty of cruises in plenty of ports of call. Never had an experience like this. When you're window on an island is 8 hours and you spend an hour waiting on a tour operator that apparently is on a different time then the ship and everyone else on the island and then spend another waiting on the time schedule of a replacement tour...that is not a good use of your time. Saw lots of other operators I researched on here that had a visible presence and seemed highly organized and regret my choice to (try to) use Nativeway Watersports

We went with Moby Dick a few years back and have them reserved again this October! We had about 15 people on our boat last time, the service was great and we are looking forward to going again in about 180 days!

On Nativeway...not a fan. We booked with them a month and a half before our day in Grand Cayman. Confirmation email said to check in by 9 and tour departs at 9:15. We were on shore by 8:15/8:30 and spent some time looking around for anything Nativeway...no one with a shirt, hat, holding a sign. All we found was a sign tied onto one of the shade tent posts. We then walked around the shops in just the port area and were back sitting in front of their sign by 8:45. By 9 when no one was around I took a walk around the port area again to see if I was missing anything. By 9:10, I asked one of the ladies hawking stingray trips if I was looking for Nativeway in the right spot. She said we were in the right place and called someone with nativeway for me and passed me the phone. The gentleman on the other end said we were late and that they had waited for us for a half hour. I explained our confirmation said 9:15 and it was 9:15 and he spun some BS about being confused between ship and island time and I should jump on a tour with the lady I was talking with and would only miss the rum point part of their tour.

My watch was set to ship time which was the exact same time as the ice cream shop in the port which was the exact same time as the clock on the tour bus we ended up on. There was ZERO confusion on our part as to what time it was. Further, if they had "waited for a half hour" as they claim, we were in the port area a significant portion of that supposed time frame looking for them or standing right by their sign.

This was not our first rodeo with booking excursion on our own and we've been on plenty of cruises in plenty of ports of call. Never had an experience like this. When you're window on an island is 8 hours and you spend an hour waiting on a tour operator that apparently is on a different time then the ship and everyone else on the island and then spend another waiting on the time schedule of a replacement tour...that is not a good use of your time. Saw lots of other operators I researched on here that had a visible presence and seemed highly organized and regret my choice to (try to) use Nativeway Watersports

I have to say, the exact same thing happened to me too the first time around. I confirmed the time several times and when we arrived, was told we were late and that the ship time was different than on the island...even though I confirmed with the ship their time versus the island time AND our cab driver had his clock on the same time as we had on the ship.

After my bad review on TA, they ask me to give them another chance (for free) and they did an awesome job the next time around and it was one of the best days of the cruise.

We just did Stingray City with Cayman Eco Adventures. My wife found them on line. We had our 5 plus 3 others and 3 crew including the Captain. Once we arrived at Stingray City we had many rays to play with and we able to be there for a good bit of time. We then "ran" over to the reef and swam along the tee for awhile before heading to starfish point which our 4 year old absolutely loved. One of he crew members was snapping pictures the whole time including underwater shots and made them available to us for a great price of $25 for the entire roll via link. Had a great time and will be going with them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to say, the exact same thing happened to me too the first time around. I confirmed the time several times and when we arrived, was told we were late and that the ship time was different than on the island...even though I confirmed with the ship their time versus the island time AND our cab driver had his clock on the same time as we had on the ship.

After my bad review on TA, they ask me to give them another chance (for free) and they did an awesome job the next time around and it was one of the best days of the cruise.

Not sure I would take Nativeway Watersports up on that offer if we were back toward Cayman and given that option, and I do like a bargain and free is about as good a bargain as you can get!!! But seeing that even the simplest effort of making an apology for the confusion (their's) hasn't happened in the month that has passed, I'm not holding my breath on an on the house make it right tour (maybe they didn't see the review I left for them at TA..lol). Even a free tour would be hard for me to get past 2 of the 8 hours we had to spend on Grand Cayman were spent waiting for a tour provider that operates on a time different time then their entire island does and then waiting on a plan C tour's timeframe when we discover we were "late" and they "waited for a half hour" (a large portion of that half hour was spent sitting directly in front of their company sign). While not our first and hopefully not our last stop in Grand Cayman, when you only have a few days a decade (and unless I win the lottery, that likely don't change) to enjoy a stop In Grand Cayman, I would prefer to not risk wasting a large portion of a small time window again.

Not sure I would take Nativeway Watersports up on that offer if we were back toward Cayman and given that option, and I do like a bargain and free is about as good a bargain as you can get!!! But seeing that even the simplest effort of making an apology for the confusion (their's) hasn't happened in the month that has passed, I'm not holding my breath on an on the house make it right tour (maybe they didn't see the review I left for them at TA..lol). Even a free tour would be hard for me to get past 2 of the 8 hours we had to spend on Grand Cayman were spent waiting for a tour provider that operates on a time different time then their entire island does and then waiting on a plan C tour's timeframe when we discover we were "late" and they "waited for a half hour" (a large portion of that half hour was spent sitting directly in front of their company sign). While not our first and hopefully not our last stop in Grand Cayman, when you only have a few days a decade (and unless I win the lottery, that likely don't change) to enjoy a stop In Grand Cayman, I would prefer to not risk wasting a large portion of a small time window again.

I completely understand how you feel, I was once there myself and said no matter what I would never use them or recommend them either. I didn't even know that they had responded to my review of them on TA until someone came on here (another cc member) and posted that the owners had offered their apologies and another chance to try them again. That's when I went there and seen their response. I still have NO clue how they picked mine out of everyone's review to say something to. I looked and seen that they don't normally respond to reviews, I looked to see if they responded to the "terrible" reviews, then the "poor" reviews and any others. I could only find that they have responded to my review and 1 other persons review. Maybe they were pointed to it by looking on cruise critic here or someone told them about it? :confused: I really don't know.

I do know however, for the most part, they do get excellent reviews and people on here seem to have a decent time with them and recommend them. When they told me that I could have a complimentary excursion "next time we were in Grand Cayman", I really didn't think too much of it since I figured "when would this every happen?" But, it did and over a year later, they kept their word. I have to say the excursion was one of the best we've had and by far it was the best day of our cruise this time around. I'm so happy we did give them a chance again. :)

You have to go with Aquarius and Capt Mario. They provide pizza for lunch, pictures, and a visit to starfish point, which other tours don't provide. Was a true highlight of our recent cruise.

Just wonder what is the part that the other tour providers don't provide? The pizza lunch? I'm confused. Because others do go to starfish point. :confused:

• 1 month later...

We enjoyed stingray city. After a relaxing boat ride out to the sandbar. We enjoyed some one on one time with the sting rays and had our picture taken with a sting ray on our shoulder. We were giving water and punch during the ride out there and back. A great excursion! Visit http://www.caymanstingraycityunited.com