Best Eats In NO? Near French Quarter

JasmineC

Looking for a few great places to eat in New Orleans before and after our cruise. Hubby is NOT a seafood eater, but I LOVE seafood, so looking for some places that will satisfy both of our appetites.

The list is so large I can't list them here. The French Quarter has many of the best restaurants in the country with something for everyone.

This website has very good information on restaurants in the French Quarter.

http://nomenu.com/?page_id=39902

Galatoire's is absolutely fantastic! :)

It's located on Bourbon St. in the French Quarter and will have what both you and your DH want. Their food is amazing. :)

LuLu

~~~~

I would have to agree with OCruisers. Also NOLA is a good pick as well, its one of Emeril's restaurants. Galatoire's will hammer you with lump crab butter and hollandaise, NOLA will give you greens, but they will be some of the best tasting ones you have ever had.

I've been to New Orleans many times (I visit a family member who lives there) and have eaten in several dozen of the best known (and lesser known) restaurants in the city. IMHO, if you're going to spend big bucks, go to "Emeril's", his flagship restaurant in the Warehouse District on Tchoupatoulas. In the French Quarter there's a wonderful restaurant on Chartes called Sylvain that the locals frequent. Best Pappardelle I've ever had ...their Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad is terrific and the Chili-roasted Almonds is a great starter with a couple of signature cocktails made with their house-brewed ginger beer.

You'll get as many different suggestions as people who will suggest them. Your best bet will be to walk around, look at menus since they post most of them on the street so you can choose a restaurant based on the menu.

Top of my list:

Cafe Amelie (Near cornstalk hotel on lower Royal street)

Camellia Grill (Toulouse and Chartres)

Crescent City Brewhouse

Deanies

All of those are in the French Quarter

You'll get as many different suggestions as people who will suggest them. Your best bet will be to walk around, look at menus since they post most of them on the street so you can choose a restaurant based on the menu.

Yes, you could do that, or look at menus online of the various suggested restaurants and use the extra time taking a carriage ride or visiting the awesome WWII museum or Insectarium.

The list is so large I can't list them here. The French Quarter has many of the best restaurants in the country with something for everyone.

This website has very good information on restaurants in the French Quarter.

http://nomenu.com/?page_id=39902

Thank you so much for posting this site, with money tight, it's nice to be able to see menues with prices instead of wandering around trying to figure out what we can afford. So far, we are going to Mother's, Capdeville and Remoulades. I will let you know what I think when we get back.:) Thank heavens our hotel gives us a free breakfast!;)

Thank you so much for posting this site, with money tight, it's nice to be able to see menues with prices instead of wandering around trying to figure out what we can afford. So far, we are going to Mother's, Capdeville and Remoulades. I will let you know what I think when we get back.:) Thank heavens our hotel gives us a free breakfast!;)

Mother's is a great choice...really unique and I love the "debris". My DH didn't care for the place...long line snaking outside, ordering at a counter and then trying to find a couple of seats in the cheek-by-jowl dining area. I, on the other hand, liked the whole experience. Have fun.

I've been to Remoulade and it's a good budget-wise choice. Oysters are good and their sauce is very nice. If you're looking for a good Po' Boy, though, look elsewhere.

Top of my list:

Cafe Amelie (Near cornstalk hotel on lower Royal street)

Camellia Grill (Toulouse and Chartres)

Crescent City Brewhouse

Deanies

All of those are in the French Quarter

I'll second Deanie's! It mainly seafood but there is something for everyone. If you go at dinner time be prepared to wait. Not sure about lunch time but I hope to find out today!

http://www.deanies.com/restaurants/french-quarter-private-dining/

I also enjoy Gazebo Cafe right next to the French Market. It's outside seating and they have a live band. Afterwards we go across the street to the river and watch the ships pass.

http://www.gazebocafenola.com/menus/index.html