Dream vs Breeze, anyone sail both?

wickedhangover

We went on the Dream a few years ago, really didn't like it, lounges were far too loud. I don't mind music at good volume but I'm talking it was like they turned it up to 11.

I'm wondering if that's a trademark to that class of ship, as I've never experienced that on the other Carnival ships.

On a positive note, we ended up hanging out at the piano bar on the Dream, what a great bar. But it was the only place I could order a drink without screaming and still ending up with the wrong drink.

Basically, I'd love to hear opinions between the two in terms of lounge/bar atmosphere.

I have been on both The Dream and The Breeze. I liked the Dream, but The Breeze, in my opinion, is a better choice. Newer, the decor is nicer, and a few more dining choices. The layout, entertainment pretty much the same on both. I really liked The Breeze. My favorite of all The Carnival Ships I have been on.

I have been on both The Dream and The Breeze. I liked the Dream, but The Breeze, in my opinion, is a better choice. Newer, the decor is nicer, and a few more dining choices. The layout, entertainment pretty much the same on both. I really liked The Breeze. My favorite of all The Carnival Ships I have been on.

Have been on both and totally agree with you about being my favorite Carnival ship.

Thought i'd add my 2cents! I've been on both the Dream & Breeze. You really can't go wrong with either ship. However, the Breeze hands down wins! The food choices, decor, ship layout & extra bars are amazing!!!! If you can swing the 8 day Breeze cruise down to the southern caribbean it's well worth it!

Hope this helps!

:)

Sue

I've been on Dream, Breeze, & Magic. Dream was by far my favorite. I enjoy Carnival's crazy decor, as I don't ever see any glitzy decor at home. But the Dream seemed to be a nice mix of the glitz without going too far. Breeze's decor seemed boring to me. But I guess for people that live in glitzy, glamorous areas, the Breeze's boring decor would be a nice change for them. Dream by far had the superior entertainment to the Breeze. Significantly!!!!!! No Guys burgers or Blue Iguana cantina on Dream though, if that matters.

In regards to what you talked about, I haven't noticed much difference in volume levels on the different Carnival ships I've been on. So you will probably find things to be pretty much the same as you had on Dream. In fact, I think my last sailing on Dream wasn't quite as loud as what I've had on my more recent Breeze & Triumph cruises. Since I'm young and enjoy a lively atmosphere, I've rolled with it and enjoyed the music around the main pool or in the lounges. As I mentioned, Breeze's entertainment in the main showroom is very poor, while Dream's is very good. That's the main difference for me that puts Dream way out ahead of the Breeze. All other differences in the 2 ships were pretty irrelevant to me, or they slightly favored the Dream.

Edited by k2excursion

I too, have sailed both ships and I too think it's pretty much "six of one, half a dozen of the other". ;) I didn't notice any significant difference in the volume of the music offered in any of the lounges. They are usually too loud for me in any case. :mad: I agree with K2 that the entertainment is FAR superior on "Dream", and have that ship booked twice in the next couple of months. Don't get me wrong, "Breeze" has lots of fun things to do as well, but for my taste, "Dream" wins. :cool:

"SKY"

We have sailed on all three Dream class ships. As is normally the case, they had small things to future builds within the class to amke improvements. Our fave is the Breeze for many reasons. That being said, I would not hesitate to sail either of the other two ships.

I've been on both as well & this is precisely the same response I was going to give!

I've been on the Dream and the Magic, the Breeze is coming up in a month! That being said, we liked the Magic, did not care for the Dream. I think the Red Frog Pub is much better on the Promonade as it is on the Breeze and the Magic-its a great place to get a drink and listen to some live music. The staff was wonderful on the Magic. The Dream didn't have that pleasant of a staff (first time I've ever said that about a cruise ship staff....and there were still some good ones, but overall they were not friendly-very odd) and the only place to hang out without blaring music was the Piano bar. He was good (can't remember his name) but it was the same show night after night. We found ourselves bored very often! I'm really looking foward to the Breeze because it seems more similar to the Magic. Have fun!

I've been on the Dream and the Magic, the Breeze is coming up in a month! That being said, we liked the Magic, did not care for the Dream. I think the Red Frog Pub is much better on the Promonade as it is on the Breeze and the Magic-its a great place to get a drink and listen to some live music. The staff was wonderful on the Magic. The Dream didn't have that pleasant of a staff (first time I've ever said that about a cruise ship staff....and there were still some good ones, but overall they were not friendly-very odd) and the only place to hang out without blaring music was the Piano bar. He was good (can't remember his name) but it was the same show night after night. We found ourselves bored very often! I'm really looking foward to the Breeze because it seems more similar to the Magic. Have fun!

Definitely the best ship in tha house.

I have sailed on the Dream three times. We are sailing again this march with my daughter's family.

I have sailed on the breeze once. Not again. Getting on was a madhouse thanksj to hordes of FTTF. Getting off downright dangerous.

Entertainment was a dancer or too against an electronic background. I did like the Beatles..English Music one...but not as entertaining as the regular.

Dream has "Eight Seconds Later" a good Country Music production. Ditto for "dancing in the Streets". and I think the last one is Divia. I look forward to seeing them all again.

There is always such a line at the hamburger and BBQ place that what difference does it make? I felt like I moved with an ocean of people at lunch.

At the Red Frog the Activities staff person....who dressed up like a dominatrix..had the men get down on the floor and wiggle like worms. ( Imagine that popping you on Your Bossman's face book?) Gross.

The Activities STaff...........bad. Nasty attitude. Lazy.

NOW..The cabin staff and table attendants...Great. Nice. Tipped them twice.

Other Stafff...could not be nicer

Ship was clean. lovely

Food was OK. I prefer the dream but no issues.

I like Carnival. I have sailed on Carnival ships a lot. But The Breeze has to be my most unfavorite.

thanks for the replies.

I had to think back at some of the things I didn't like on the Dream. Just little things, it didn't feel any more crowded than the other ships we've been on so the size didn't matter much.

I agree the decor is a little out there but I liked the bubbles in the glass panels at the entrance to the MDR.

I remember the buffet line felt tight, maybe they've since fixed it. I'd need a visual to explain my issue but it wasn't a big deal.

We also had an aft extended balcony. Only complaint was that they had a polka band in the back lounge almost every night. The bass front the music was just horrible even though we were 3 decks above. But that's not really a complaint about the ship although I had to admit the walls seemed extra paper thin. We could easily hear conversations in the cabins around us where I've never experienced that on the other ships.

But we really look forward to the B2B on the breeze, 8 day eastern, 6 day western.

I have sailed on the Dream three times. We are sailing again this march with my daughter's family.

I have sailed on the breeze once. Not again. Getting on was a madhouse thanksj to hordes of FTTF. Getting off downright dangerous.

Entertainment was a dancer or too against an electronic background. I did like the Beatles..English Music one...but not as entertaining as the regular.

Dream has "Eight Seconds Later" a good Country Music production. Ditto for "dancing in the Streets". and I think the last one is Divia. I look forward to seeing them all again.

There is always such a line at the hamburger and BBQ place that what difference does it make? I felt like I moved with an ocean of people at lunch.

At the Red Frog the Activities staff person....who dressed up like a dominatrix..had the men get down on the floor and wiggle like worms. ( Imagine that popping you on Your Bossman's face book?) Gross.

The Activities STaff...........bad. Nasty attitude. Lazy.

NOW..The cabin staff and table attendants...Great. Nice. Tipped them twice.

Other Stafff...could not be nicer

Ship was clean. lovely

Food was OK. I prefer the dream but no issues.

I like Carnival. I have sailed on Carnival ships a lot. But The Breeze has to be my most unfavorite.

Did we sail on the same ship?! Been on her twice and didn't find any of the issues you talk about. By far my favorite ship in the fleet. Found the staff to be friendly and accomodating.

Pat

Breeze never again.....second to last night all 5 of us came down with food poisoning......that's a horrible experience to go through at sea and its not fun when everyone need the facility at the same time........we got up to the main deck for some air late in the day on the last sea day and spoke to a lot of people that had it too...........one and done ....you can have the Breeze...............

We have been on both the Dream and Breeze. Would do the Dream again but will always look at the Breeze first. Absolutely great decor, seafood barbecue was great. Breakfast burritos way better than the powdered eggs. You can't loose on the Breeze.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'll be another who agrees with you as well.. we have been on both ships, were planning on sailing on the Dream this April, but then last April we went on the Breeze and needless to say sailing again on the Breeze This April....The ship is just beautiful, so different from the others...