Embarkation FOS - party of 10?

mjonis

I read that on Embarkation day, Winjammer may be a bit busy (shall we say)? We're a party of 10, so should we just skip Windjammer and do the Cafe? And if so, where are any good spots to accommodate our group? We don't mind siting in multiple tables next to each other, or joining and even larger group.

I just don't know what the table layouts are on FOS.

My family of 5 had a few bags we were carrying on. It was impossible to get a table that day. It is so crowded and can become very frustrating. I saw a rope near the buffets. I noticed that if your group was waiting there, the waiters would find a table for you and hold it until you could claim it. When we got in line, it took 2 minutes for them to find us a table. That is my recommendation. Get a plate and go straight to the rope. You will probably have to split up into 2 groups and the tables might not be near each other (unless you are willing to wait).

This has been our experience as well.

I would agree with this. Unless you are parents bringing your 8 children along, I would get over the notion that you MUST do everything together. You will surely be disappointed. If you are couples, why can't one couple go to pool deck and have a drink, while another couple explores the ship, another gets a bite to eat, another just gazes out at the water and the port, overwhelmed by it all? Most large groups, if they aren't children, just try to meet for dinner each day and share all the fun they had with each other then.