Any rumours of pacific coastal 2015 cruises?

gordylad

With the seemingly demise of celebrity century I wonder if a pacific coastal cruise will still exist in some format ?

I would love to know the same. Especially an LA round trip option. We don't like to fly so much, so usually just do the LA RT. We especially like Celebrity for this because they do an overnight in San Francisco that we haven't seen with any other cruise lines.

Just received our copy of the Captain's Club News letter. On the back, the 2015 "cruises at a glance" chart, only shows cruises through April 2015, with no Pacific Coastal cruises scheduled. It actually shows the Century doing Asia cruises Jan-April of 2015.

With the seemingly demise of celebrity century I wonder if a pacific coastal cruise will still exist in some format ?

We can dream, but I'm not holding my breath. Celebrity has never maintained a long-term presence on the Pacific Coast (except Alaska in summer, of course). And parent-company Royal Caribbean has even pulled out of the LA-based market. Must be that contingency of Floridians who lobby RCCL/=X= to keep all ships home-ported in the Sunshine state! :D:eek::D

Port of Los Angeles shows RCCL's Jewel of the Seas going out of LA for three cruises end of Sept 2015 to early Oct 2015, so maybe if we fill that ship there will be hope for more either RCCL or X!

Great catch finding that info! I delved a little further and noticed Jewel of the Seas on the port calendars in both Catalina and Monterey during this same time frame. (additionally in Catalina on May 17, 2015). When I noticed Jewel on the Monterey schedule, I also checked San Francisco, however they have not yet published a calendar for 2015.

Every now and then you get determine where a ship is going before the cruise line officially announces by checking various Port schedules.

We can dream, but I'm not holding my breath. Celebrity has never maintained a long-term presence on the Pacific Coast (except Alaska in summer, of course). And parent-company Royal Caribbean has even pulled out of the LA-based market. Must be that contingency of Floridians who lobby RCCL/=X= to keep all ships home-ported in the Sunshine state! :D:eek::D

Doesn't hurt that RCCL/Celebrity headquarters are in Miami!! :D. We Floridians certainly do appreciate the convenience, as well as many others on the east coast, I'm sure. Huge population to draw from and also excellent port facilities.

Port of Los Angeles shows RCCL's Jewel of the Seas going out of LA for three cruises end of Sept to early Oct 2015, so maybe if we fill that ship there will be hope for more either RCCL or X!

Oooh, that would be cool. I've always wanted to try RCCL. I'll help to fill that ship!!! (Maybe twice.)

Great catch finding that info! I delved a little further and noticed Jewel of the Seas on the port calendars in both Catalina and Monterey during this same time frame. (additionally in Catalina on May 17, 2015). When I noticed Jewel on the Monterey schedule, I also checked San Francisco, however they have not yet published a calendar for 2015.

Every now and then you get determine where a ship is going before the cruise line officially announces by checking various Port schedules.

Wonder if it's showing up in San Diego for the May 2015 timeframe?

HI Gordylad,

While we have another few months to go before Celebrity's 2015/2016 schedule will be released, I'm doubtful of Celebrity offering Pacific Coastal sailings on a regular basis. *If* Century is leaving Celebrity (yes, were's still waiting for it to be official from Celebrity), it will give them 1 less ship to sail in places that some would like Celebrity to offer.

I think the most you can hope for, is a handful of seasonal saiilings, if that. We'll see what happens. Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

I was hoping that Celebrity Solstice would continue to do the Ensenada to Seattle (and end of season Seattle to Ensenada), but it appears they are just heading straight from Hawaii back to Seattle for the Alaska season instead.

I have heard that the Solstice will be modified to make it under the Lion Gate bridge in Vancouver, BC. We have booked the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise leaving Sept 23 2014 on the Solstice. So Solstice wont be doing the coastal cruise down to Ensenada. Richard

Maybe. I only can speculate, but I could imagine that CELEBRITY INFINITY replaces CENTURY on it's itineraries.

INFINITY does not show up on the port schedules in Norway/Baltics/GB in 2015 anymore.

I could imagine that INFINITY offers a Panama cruise from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego/LA the 28th of April 2015 and than offers a Pacific coastal cruise from LA/San Diego to Vancouver. :)

i think although CENTURY is going to leave the fleet Celebrity will still deploy three ships in Alaska.

Can anyone give me the link to the cruise call schedule of San Diego for 2015??

Edited by celebrity_fan