UBP and Pregnancy?

illiniwahoo

It's possible that I could be pregnant next time we cruise. While I clearly wouldn't be able to partake, my husband still wants the ultimate beverage package. I know both parties normally have to purchase the package, but if I have a doctor's note that I'm pregnant, would they just let me buy a non-alcoholic/soda package instead? Does anyone have experience doing this? I'd love to try the Epic, Breakaway, or Getaway because the entertainment options look so good, but we may stick with Celebrity if NCL doesn't have exceptions to their beverage package rules (Celebrity lets only one person purchase it).

You would have to provide a doctors note anyway when sailing during pregnancy. NCL website states:

What if I'm pregnant?

Norwegian will make every effort to accommodate you, providing you have not entered the 24th week of pregnancy when the cruise ends. Please include your cruise details in an email to the Access Desk with a medical certificate establishing your due date prior to your cruise.

Edited by Godiva830

It's possible that I could be pregnant next time we cruise. While I clearly wouldn't be able to partake, my husband still wants the ultimate beverage package. I know both parties normally have to purchase the package, but if I have a doctor's note that I'm pregnant, would they just let me buy a non-alcoholic/soda package instead? Does anyone have experience doing this? I'd love to try the Epic, Breakaway, or Getaway because the entertainment options look so good, but we may stick with Celebrity if NCL doesn't have exceptions to their beverage package rules (Celebrity lets only one person purchase it).

From what I have read on these boards there are no exceptions to the rule that all passangers in a cabin 21 and over and over need to purchase the UBP. I understand the reasoning behind this is to avoid passanger buying one package and then "sharing" it with their cabin mate. You will get various answers and opinions here. You may be better off e-mailing NCL and getting a definitive answer in writing.

Edited by NYcruzzer

No exceptions seems to be the rule. None. Zero. Your husband can still drink plenty, but would not be eligible for the package (unless you both buy it).

By the way, pretty much anyone can submit a "Doctors Note". Not that hard to do.

Edited by garycarla

No exceptions seems to be the rule. None. Zero. Your husband can still drink plenty, but would not be eligible for the package (unless you both buy it).

By the way, pretty much anyone can submit a "Doctors Note". Not that hard to do.

Also could be a positive in his favor. You both can order drinks and he can double fist!

I don't know anything about the UBP, but wanted to say, if you are trying to get pregnant,good luck! DH and I are also trying.... This is a first for me,

I MAY be pregnant when we cruise in March! but I sort of am having seconds thoughts about it - not being able to do things I normally might, and the thought of possibly being sick.... Idk.... What's your opinion on cruising during pregnancy? Have you done it before?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sailing 3/23/14 on the Norwegian Dawn

You would still be able to use the package for non alcoholic drinks such a virgin Pina Coladas, etc. so it would not be a total loss.

We asked this question on the Sun back in September. My wife MIGHT be pregnant the next time we cruise and had planned on pre-purchasing the UBP if she wasn't. We were told its really up to the ship's crew. She said "if it was me, and you were here today, I'd just add 1 to his card and you'd be all set - but that doesn't mean that if your on another ship a year from now you'll get a different response."

So really - like all things in life - there are a million different answers you will get and the outcome solely relies on how the cards fall when you ask.

Best bet would be to try to get it in writing one way shape or form - also I wouldn't pre-purchase it online but rather try to call and pre-purchase. They might be able to add it to your husband's card and only charge you for one and not two if you could prove pregnancy at the time.

Am I the only one who read the subject line and thought the question was going to be "does anyone know if the UBP can lead to pregnancy"? :D

Apparently I'm easily amused.

HAHA! if use use the UBP right I believe that it can;)