Car Rental/Return at Miami Pier

we tried that last october and we found that there is none at the pier:( . we had to go to the miami airport to pick up the car, our flight was out of fll. We rented through alamo and they sent a shuttle for us.;)

Does anyone know if you can drop off a rental car at the pier in Miami and also rent one there on the return. If not, how close/far is there a car rental office for drop off and pick up?

Alamo has been the best choice for us as well, I don't know of others, but the service is great there as well. We also did a pick up in fll and drop off in miami and they took us to the port for free

We are renting from Hertz in FLL, driving around for a day before our Explorer sailing. We return the car to the Hertz office in downtown MIA. They have a bus that will drop us off at the pier. Five-minute ride.

Good luck in planning your trip!

• 5 weeks later...

We are renting 2 vans in FLL from Dollar for two days. Then dropping it off at MIA airport. They have a shuttle that will take us to the pier from there.

Then when we get back, we found a shuttle to take us from the MIA port to FLL airport for $12 per person.

We are renting 2 vans in FLL from Dollar for two days. Then dropping it off at MIA airport. They have a shuttle that will take us to the pier from there. Then when we get back, we found a shuttle to take us from the MIA port to FLL airport for $12 per person.

Can you share with us what the shuttle is that you found for $12? This is the cheapest I've seen . Can you reserve it to pick you up? Website? Any other details on this? Thanks.

The company is: Easy Express Airport Transportation

Phone # is: 1-800-824-9546Hope this helps. I know we are planning on using them to get from MIA to FLL after the cruise. You will need to have a cell phone that works in MIA. That is how the contact you and locate you. A little different, but I heard their system or method works well.

Was on my first cruise last October with Carnival and used Budget Rental Car. Shuttle picked us up at the pier in Miami after the cruise and took us to the rental agency. Our flight was out of Ft. Lauderdale the following week and we dropped the car off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport with no additional charges. Of course I had the car booked already via the Budget website a few weeks before.

Was by far the least expensive rental agency I found in Florida.

Archived