Are connecting cabins more noisy?

I was just looking at so deck plans and thinking about booking future cruises and noticed some connecting cabins. I have never sailed in a one of these rooms and was wondering if they are more noisy than a non-connecting room? :confused:

Sailing the Sovereign in a couple days in connecting cabins on deck 9. I'll let ya know as soon as we get back. It's a big concern of mine since my grandma and 10 yr old son will be next door to my husband and I...

I was just looking at so deck plans and thinking about booking future cruises and noticed some connecting cabins. I have never sailed in a one of these rooms and was wondering if they are more noisy than a non-connecting room? :confused:

One word answer. NO. We have had connecting rooms on 2 occassions on purpose (traveling with our adult children) and once just by chance. On other cruises, regular cabins. No noticable dfference in noise. :):)

We had one on the Vision, and didn't notice any extra noise. We will have one again on the Mariner, but that will be our kids in there, and I know we'll hear some noise!:D

Some people on this board have complained about connecting rooms, though.

We had a connecting cabin on Celebrity Constellation this year..............NEVER heard a sound from the people next door ;)

You won't be able to hear the other cabin, even if you want to! We have always cruised with connecting cabins for our children (now young adults) and on our last cruise I was HOPING I would be able to hear the other cabin so I could quietly keep track of my 18 yr old daughter and her friend....no such luck! :rolleyes:

On Celebrity Summit, my brother and his wife had a connecting cabin. Hated it. Said they could hear everything going on in the next cabin. Smoke drifted over as well. They had a balcony guarantee and were assigned the connecting cabin. For this reason, they will never take the risk with a guarantee cabin again.

It totally depends on your neighbors. We had a connecting cabin on the Mainer. The only noise from next door we heard was about 3:00a.m. when they came in and they were really loud. Other than that we never heard a thing.

Jan

We had connecting cabins with friends of ours on the Jewel of the Seas last year. No problem with noise as they are 2 doors not 1. When you have the room steward unlock yours he would still have to unlock the other one in order for you to go into the other cabin for your kids etc.

But if you have a choice of a single cabin that is basically the same....gereral location, etc., please take the single room and save the connecting rooms for families traveling with more than 2 children. :)

i originally had a connecting room, then i switched it to a non-connecting just for that reason.

We had a connecting room on Voyager last year and had two or three extremely loud older women next to us and we could hear them when they would come back to their room late at night. With quieter neighbors I don't think there would have been a problem. :)

Archived