Question about photo package

Can anyone who's actually purchased the package tell me if you found it worth the money?

I'm generally the picture taker on our family vacations. Which means I have tons of pictures of vacations that I'm not in. I'd love to be able to use the cruise photographers to actually get some pictures with me in them.

It looks like the cost will be about $240 for a CD of all pictures taken of myself, DH, DD and DS. That's not cheap, however if we'll actually get a fair amount of pictures including formal night, island excursions and some ship activities then it's really no more expensive than having pictures taken by a professional photographer at home.

So what has your experience been? Is it worth the money? Would you do it again?

The success of the package is up to you and your family. Every time you see a photographer get your picture taken. The more the better. Then if the photographer doesn't have a sea pass scanner it will be up to you to find your photos on the wall and get them included in your package.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

We went for the $240 package. If I remember correctly, it was $25 for one print, maybe $100 for 5 prints, and we preferred the digital option over prints. The real deciding factor for us, though, was that it was $240 for photos of anyone in the same cabin; since my parents were travelling with us, we split the package cost and it quickly became reasonable. My kids loved walking up to the photographers and posing for fun, and we ended up getting some keepers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

I did this a few years ago on a family cruise on the Freedom. I liked it because my daughter loves to manipulate pictures on photoshop and do some fun things with them. Then I took some and created a photobook through a Picaboo dot com and ended up with a fabulous book with personal comments, etc. I took one of their pictures and had in enlarged on a canvas and it turned out great. If you'd like to do the book thing I'd also suggest taking lots of pictures yourself of signs, etc so you can do the special effects.

We were on Oasis for a week last week and it was $369 for the digital (only) package. It was worth it for us, but for three important reasons. First, I am a LOUSY photographer. Second, I want to be in the photos and not have to rely on the random photographic abilities of strangers to take my family photos. And third, EVERY time I saw a photographer, on or off the ship, I shoved ALL of us in front of the camera. We ended up with 109 images and they ALL were really really good. I was super impressed. This one here was worth the $369 all by itself! I am having this blown up to 20x20 and printed on stretched canvas (minus the internet-friendly-kids-face-smudged version here!). :)

FamilyFormalSmudged.jpg.54cd71043dc1efc3640d92b5e7bf088e.jpg

We bought the package on our Allure Cruise because the year had slipped by and we failed to get photos of our Senior, her sister, and our family before she was about to graduate and move away. We bought 15 digital photos for a little less than you are paying.

We found it worth it, because we posed on the two formal nights and ended up with a portrait sitting with costume changes for 200 bucks and DH (who is a photographer - don't ask, but we ran out of time :rolleyes:) was able to download the photos, make prints and I used them in our holiday card this year. A sitting fee without any digital images, runs close to 200 in our area, so it was worth it.

However, you will not really get "vacation" photos. The only photos taken in port are the standard, "pose in front of the ship holding a life ring" type; no photos of you on your excursions- even Royal excursions. Also, there won't be any photos of you around the ship, like at the pool or in Bingo. The on board photos are mostly set stations where you pose, usually in the evenings after you get dressed for dinner.

There are "roving" photographers, but your chances of getting on film is pretty low. You will get your "table" shots at formal night dinner and your embarkation shots. That's about it. I wouldn't count on these shots as your vacation photos, since you'll want your family pics to have your family doing the stuff your family does around the,ship and on shore.

But if you are looking forward to taking posed photos (especially with an extended family reunion type thing) this can be a good deal. Get the digital package because the photos are pretty shiny or have logos and words on them, so if you want "clean" images or to scan, it's pretty challenging.

Good luck!

We had the "all prints" package on the Majesty and felt it was worth it. We hit up the photographers every time we saw them, and went to all six stations on formal night. We ended up with 93 printed pictures on a four night cruise. :D

Dan.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

This one here was worth the $369 all by itself! I am having this blown up to 20x20 and printed on stretched canvas (minus the internet-friendly-kids-face-smudged version here!). :)

And the photographer kept the sneakers out! :D

However, you will not really get "vacation" photos. The only photos taken in port are the standard, "pose in front of the ship holding a life ring" type; no photos of you on your excursions- even Royal excursions. Also, there won't be any photos of you around the ship, like at the pool or in Bingo. The on board photos are mostly set stations where you pose, usually in the evenings after you get dressed for dinner.

If your ship stops at a private island, the photographers are there, taking pics of people on the beach, swimming, etc. Consider finding the photogs as a game for your whole family to play. Let each photog know you have the package, they will be happy to snap away. Don't be afraid to be silly, sometimes those pics are better than everyone lined up in a row. :)

I have a quick question about the photo packages: In the pre-cruise planner, it says I can do a 10-digital-photos package for $169.95. If I wait until I get on the ship, I can only buy prints, correct? Unless I want to do an all-our-pictures CD package, that is -- if I remember right.

This will be my son's 18th-birthday and graduation cruise. I'm wanting to get a few shots that I'll be able to use on grad party invites, so I need digital copies. I can just make prints later if I want.

I'm just trying to decide if I should buy the digital package before I get onboard!

I have a quick question about the photo packages: In the pre-cruise planner, it says I can do a 10-digital-photos package for $169.95. If I wait until I get on the ship, I can only buy prints, correct? Unless I want to do an all-our-pictures CD package, that is -- if I remember right.

This will be my son's 18th-birthday and graduation cruise. I'm wanting to get a few shots that I'll be able to use on grad party invites, so I need digital copies. I can just make prints later if I want.

I'm just trying to decide if I should buy the digital package before I get onboard!

The packages offered on line are available for purchase on the ship as well.

Hi all...I am sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it......We are a group of 6 couples. If I purchase the unlimited package can we somehow link all of our cabins? Or will it only be pictures that my husband and I are in?

Would be great if we can get individual couple pictures along with group pictures.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

Hi all...I am sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it......We are a group of 6 couples. If I purchase the unlimited package can we somehow link all of our cabins? Or will it only be pictures that my husband and I are in?

Would be great if we can get individual couple pictures along with group pictures.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

When we were on the Allure a couple of years ago we had two cabins. Since we were one family they let us link them. I'm not sure about linking several cabins in your case.

When we were on the Allure a couple of years ago we had two cabins. Since we were one family they let us link them. I'm not sure about linking several cabins in your case.

I just read that cabins linked with kids under 18 in 2nd cabin are all in one package (YAY since that's how we're traveling).

They did have a link to click if you had a large group traveling together but I didn't click on it. They did specifically say that the price would be different.

We went for the $240 package. If I remember correctly, it was $25 for one print, maybe $100 for 5 prints, and we preferred the digital option over prints. The real deciding factor for us, though, was that it was $240 for photos of anyone in the same cabin; since my parents were travelling with us, we split the package cost and it quickly became reasonable. My kids loved walking up to the photographers and posing for fun, and we ended up getting some keepers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

My kids are total camera hams. If there is a photographer nearby they'll be jumping in there to get pictures taken.

Plus for the posed pictures I'm kind of viewing this as replacing hiring a local photographer to do family pictures. We haven't done pictures in a few years and kids are celebrating their 16th birthday while on board so a good time to get pictures updated.

I've done the roughly $300 'CD + all your prints' package before and was happy with it. This provided enough 8x10's to give some away quickly to family without being out extra hassles.

Digital copies with copyright release is great for me because I like to make Blurb books (you can use other providers), where I can pick templates for each page, type in captions, and basically make a very personalized 'guide to the trip' for a keepsake.

Richard.

The worth depends on how many pictures you typically buy. If you buy over 10 typically it will be worth it. I have twins so getting a good picture of one is hard of both is practically impossible. I like it because it allows me to get the great shot of one, but the not so great shot of the other so I don't have to decide which i would like to keep. We got the package with the prints, but i had over 100 prints to carry home. Though for the price i got a good deal I am not putting all of those in frames so they are still in the envelope they came in. I think in The future I will not have them printed.

What was nice for us is we were traveling in a party of 9 ( adults and kids). Any picture with one of us was included. So though my parents were in a different room the pic of them and my daughter was in my package along with all the group family shots. My sister bought a few shots with her son and husband but we had all the others.

Edited by bearette

I'm generally the picture taker on our family vacations. Which means I have tons of pictures of vacations that I'm not in. I'd love to be able to use the cruise photographers to actually get some pictures with me in them.

Please don't be shy about asking crew or fellow guests to take your picture with you and your family, personally I've always been more than delighted to do this when asked.

Please don't be shy about asking crew or fellow guests to take your picture with you and your family, personally I've always been more than delighted to do this when asked.

I agree, just look for people with a decent sized camera around their neck & kindly ask them to take a photo for you. They usually (not always tho) know a bit about photography & will be able to take a decent photo for you with your camera and will probably take a couple too incase anyone blinks etc.

I work part time as a photographer & would have no problem if someone asked me to get a pic on their camera for them. Sometimes when I've been on holiday I've seen a family member taking a photo of the rest of their family and have offered to take a few photos with them all on so they have a photo of the whole family :-)