Oasis - under bed storage

mic74

Hello, we are going on our first cruise next month. It will be DH and 2 daughters (4 and 7). Just wondering if there will be room to put 2 suitcases under the bed in our room (Boardwalk Balcony). As well, people that have travelled with 4 in a state room, has there been enough storage to be able to unpack clothes for 4 people?

Thanks!

Edited by mic74

Hello, we are going on our first cruise next month. It will be DH and 2 daughters (4 and 7). Just wondering if there will be room to put 2 suitcases under the bed in our room (Boardwalk Balcony). As well, people that have travelled with 4 in a state room, has there been enough storage to be able to unpack clothes for 4 people?

Off topic, I was trying to search for this topic exclusively on this Royal Caribbean forum, but I was not able to figure out how to search without searching every board??

Thanks!

We had a junior suite , but we still ended up putting our luggage under the bed, so yes, you can put your luggage underneath. I did get to see a balcony room and you should be able to put away or hang up most clothes, but it really depends on how much you bring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

We had Boardwalk Balcony and there was plenty of room under bed...we had one huge suitcase plus four other bags under there and we weren't even using the extra bedding stored under there! No worries!

We did a b2b on allure in a ocean view balcony and we had room my DH and I. I am by no means a light packer lol. The oasis class ships offer the most storage space in the cabins than any other class.

This is not true of the D type staterooms. Compared to similar category statetooms on Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class, the Oasis/Allure staterooms have less storage space and the space they have is less convenient too.

This is not true of the D type staterooms. Compared to similar category statetooms on Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class, the Oasis/Allure staterooms have less storage space and the space they have is less convenient too.

I second this. We had 3 in a D2 room on Oasis recently and the room constantly looked like a wreck because of lack of storage space. Those stupid bedside tables with tiny shelves instead of drawers are useless. Whereas we have had 4 in a room on Radiance and Voyager class ships with no storage space problems at all.

That said, we did manage to get all 3 suitcases under the bed without any trouble at all.

I second this. We had 3 in a D2 room on Oasis recently and the room constantly looked like a wreck because of lack of storage space. Those stupid bedside tables with tiny shelves instead of drawers are useless. Whereas we have had 4 in a room on Radiance and Voyager class ships with no storage space problems at all.

That said, we did manage to get all 3 suitcases under the bed without any trouble at all.

I felt like the closet space was huge compared to other balcony cabins on other class ships.

I felt like the closet space was huge compared to other balcony cabins on other class ships.

Not me. I felt the closet space was about the same, but much more inconvenient on Allure because of the sliding doors. Also, the location of the safe in the closet is another annoyance.

Not me. I felt the closet space was about the same, but much more inconvenient on Allure because of the sliding doors. Also, the location of the safe in the closet is another annoyance.

I posted a thread a few hours ago about the surfs up party. Would you be able to give me some in site on that? I haven't received any responses and I know you are filled with info. Thanks I would appreciate it!

I posted a thread a few hours ago about the surfs up party. Would you be able to give me some in site on that? I haven't received any responses and I know you are filled with info. Thanks I would appreciate it!

Yes, I know I'm filled with something, but unfortunately I've got nothing on the Surf's Up party. Sorry.

If suitcases don't fit on first try, just lift the bed up.

Also pick up one of those over the door pocket shoe organizers, for use in the bathroom, will be a lifesaver for you.

Maybe even 2 if yoU have lots of bits and pieces with the kids.

You get a lot of daily mail flyers extra paper work etc when cruising so bring a few magnets. All the cabin walls are metal, so another way not to have clutter and be organized. If the small table is in the way move them to balcony or have your cabin attendant remove for the week.

Bring extra ziplock bags small and large and a basic medical kit...

Enjoy your cruise.

If suitcases don't fit on first try, just lift the bed up.

Also pick up one of those over the door pocket shoe organizers, for use in the bathroom, will be a lifesaver for you.

Maybe even 2 if yoU have lots of bits and pieces with the kids.

You get a lot of daily mail flyers extra paper work etc when cruising so bring a few magnets. All the cabin walls are metal, so another way not to have clutter and be organized. If the small table is in the way move them to balcony or have your cabin attendant remove for the week.

Bring extra ziplock bags small and large and a basic medical kit...

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the info! I do have a door pocket shoe organizer on my list to buy, but didn't know about the magnets. Also have ziplock bags on my list to purchase. Any other ideas is appreciated :) We did purchase before a 2 week vacation last summer e-bags. Have a different colour for each of us and thought those worked great! Didn't have to rummage through a suitcase to find our daughters socks lol. I am hoping that these will make unpacking easy on the ship, just put each of their bags on a shelf?