FLL to MIAMI transfer

Good morning fellow cruisers. The information regarding FLL vs MIAMI was very informative. We are flying into FLL two days early for our cruise on the Navigator out of Miami because it is considerably cheaper. However, now I need to figure out the transfer from FLL to Miami.

I'm traveling with my husband and daughter, and we really don't want to rent a car. We plan to relax at the JW Marriott and spend some time at the Bayside Marketplace.

Can you recommend other transportation from FLL to Miami? Should we just take a cab from the airport? Which limo services have you tried?

Also, what's the best way to get from Miami back to FLL on the day we disembark?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

You may want to use a towncar service from FLL to MIA. It's Tri County right outside baggage claim. No reservation required. It's $60 plus tip and much more comfortable than a taxi. You can also make arrangements with the driver to pick you up at the pier for the return to FLL.

We're using Fort Lauderdale Airport Shuttle to get back to FLL from the Explorer in 2 WEEKS!!!(Ooops. Got a little too excited about the trip).

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.fortlauderdale-airportshuttle.com/index.htm

$80 prepaid in advance for a family of 4 from pier to FLL. Includes tip. They use a Mercedes van, non-smoking, and the guy said we should have no problem with a noon flight.

Good luck.

Guest cruzr44
Good morning fellow cruisers. The information regarding FLL vs MIAMI was very informative. We are flying into FLL two days early for our cruise on the Navigator out of Miami because it is considerably cheaper. However, now I need to figure out the transfer from FLL to Miami.

I'm traveling with my husband and daughter, and we really don't want to rent a car. We plan to relax at the JW Marriott and spend some time at the Bayside Marketplace.

Can you recommend other transportation from FLL to Miami? Should we just take a cab from the airport? Which limo services have you tried?

Also, what's the best way to get from Miami back to FLL on the day we disembark?

Another option is to go curbside and look for the white vans with "airport shuttle" on them. They will bring you to your hotel in MIA for $17pp.

Another option is to go curbside and look for the white vans with "airport shuttle" on them. They will bring you to your hotel in MIA for $17pp.

Yes less expensive, but I don't want to ride all over MIA. I want to go straight to my hotel to start my vacation.

Guest cruzr44
Yes less expensive, but I don't want to ride all over MIA. I want to go straight to my hotel to start my vacation.

We were the third stop and the stops were close to and right at the port so it wasn't bad. It added maybe 10 minutes to the trip.

Avoid the taxis, they would be quite expensive and not very pleasant for a trip of that length.

Try Tri-County Transportation... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Or Larry's Limo... http://larryslimo.com/

They're both reputable, reliable local companies. We've used them both many times with no complaints.

Is there a Miami to FLL service that will take you from the MIA airport to your hotel in FLL (or FLL airport) and then from the Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale cruise port) back to the Miami airport?

We have taken a taxi before from FLL port to Miami airport and it wasn't that bad. We had 5 in the car!

I wish I could help you out here but since I life in Miami I dont have this problem.. ;)

My only piece of advise is PLEASE DO NOT EAT in the Food Court Yard at the Bayside Market Place. They have been shut down twice in the last few months for rodent and insect infestation.

Archived