Oasis Dry Dock?

If RCI is adding any enhancements to Oasis with the drydock?

This is what I've heard thus far:

Cup cake cup board will be moved to the board walk. In its place will be a clothing store.

Sabor 2.0 where seafood shack is currently.

'Willow' is being replaced by 'Michael Kors'.

The Diamond Lounge will be moved to to Deck 4 as well as Izumi.

Viking Crown Lounge will be going and 2 new loft suites will be put into its place.

Cup cake cup board will be moved to the board walk. In its place will be a clothing store.

Viking Crown Lounge will be going and 2 new loft suites will be put into its place.

And don't forget the biggest change of all, the total re-do's of the main dining room decks, which will become American Icon Grille, The Grande Restaurant, and Silk, per the post linked below:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44130693&postcount=1

:cool:

And don't forget the biggest change of all, the total re-do's of the main dining room decks, which will become American Icon Grille, The Grande Restaurant, and Silk, per the post linked below:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44130693&postcount=1

:cool:

I think they are not going to re-do the main dining room only change their names when they change to DD in April?:confused:

Yeap.

There is insufficient time in the two weeks dry dock for the dining room changes to be implemented. There are more rooms going in aft on the 'secret' balconies. All the above info and some pcs are included towards the end of my blog. Work had started on some of the above whilst I was on board. The Living Walls have been dismantled in CP and are being painted.

Looks like they are adding cabins to deck 14 also.

Hmmm....I have a cabin on deck 14 for the Feb 21, 2015 sailing. Since I booked it last Feb, I got a great price - compared to other cabins on deck 14. Interesting.......

http://www.telegraaf.nl/tv/nieuws/binnenland/23172470/__Exclusief_kijkje_op_Oasis_of_the_Seas__.html

Short Dutch video by a Dutch newspaper. Some inside shots. Perhaps able to see some changes for those familiar with the ship?

A press announcement will be made later today, accoording to RC NL on FB.

1622830_986236784725042_945377334634640617_n.jpg?oh=df1ee4d1f6ee292b16721639b8de5bf2&oe=54AC7EA0

Bowthruster propellor blade, my guess it's an old one which came out. Not sure about it. :)

Credit: Royal Caribbean NL's Facebook page

Yes, that blade came off a thruster, but it will be polished and put back on. There are oil seals under the round hub (where the large bolt holes are) that are replaced every opportunity. You wouldn't change one of those out unless there was a significant bend or ding taken out of it, and even then, with two weeks in drydock, the propeller shop in the yard could straighten the blade or replace the missing bits.

Edited by chengkp75

Yes, that blade came off a thruster, but it will be polished and put back on. There are oil seals under the round hub (where the large bolt holes are) that are replaced every opportunity. You wouldn't change one of those out unless there was a significant bend or ding taken out of it, and even then, with two weeks in drydock, the propeller shop in the yard could straighten the blade or replace the missing bits.

Great info, thanks. What's the smaller opening to the left, with the protective caging (which has a hole cut in it?)?

Great info, thanks. What's the smaller opening to the left, with the protective caging (which has a hole cut in it?)?

I believe it was explained to be some sort of pressure relief needed when the thrusters are being used very near the pier.

Edited by clarea

I just learned that is a tunnel to let water escape when the thrusters are pushing at the dock, to prevent pressure buildup and erosion around the pier. The "hole" is the access opening that has been unbolted to allow workers in there to scrape, paint, and renew zinc anodes.

Wish I knew what she was saying. thanks for the link

It is nothing really special but I do understand your curiosity. :D She's a spokeswoman of the Dutch agent of RCCL/X/Azamara:

"It is the largest and most spectacular cruise ship in the world. She is here for the first and also last time in (The) Netherlands."

"She is here for intensive maintenance work, there are around five places in the world where that is possible. What makes it unique to us is the depth (of the ship/drydock). Not in the first place the length but also the depth, as you can see there is quite some draft and not all drydocks are able to (accommodate) that.

At first it's drydock was only scheduled due to a periodical 5 year and mandatory moment of maintenance. Where there would be a new engine and new propellors installed. But the cruise line decided to take advantage of this moment and (..) replace carpeting, build new staterooms, new restaurants as there will be a new dining concept.

And we will do that in two weeks time. By guest demand, especially for higher end suites, and also the demand for more exclusive dining we decided to take advantage of the two weeks opportunity; we'll build some luxury suites, some specialty restaurants.

Yeah, the ship is not getting bigger so we had to shift some space(s). So some (spaces) will be gone to make accommodate new items."

[male interviewer: That will cost some..]

"Yes indeed, it will cost some. To add, we will even build two more of these ships. Yep. The Dutch cruise market is relative small but grows steadily. More people seem to find their way to cruising and when they are addicted they tend to take one or two in a year."

Did it roughly, playing the video and typing along, rewinding, playing again, etc.

The drydock company is the same that extended Enchantment of the Seas by 22 meters in 2005 btw.

Wish I knew what she was saying. thanks for the link

It is nothing really special but I do understand your curiosity. :D She's a spokeswoman of the Dutch agent of RCCL/X/Azamara:

"It is the largest and most spectacular cruise ship in the world. She is here for the first and also last time in (The) Netherlands."

"She is here for intensive maintenance work, there are around five places in the world where that is possible. What makes it unique to us is the depth (of the ship/drydock). Not in the first place the length but also the depth, as you can see there is quite some draft and not all drydocks are able to (accommodate) that.

At first it's drydock was only scheduled due to a periodical 5 year and mandatory moment of maintenance. Where there would be a new engine and new propellors installed. But the cruise line decided to take advantage of this moment and (..) replace carpeting, build new staterooms, new restaurants as there will be a new dining concept.

And we will do that in two weeks time. By guest demand, especially for higher end suites, and also the demand for more exclusive dining we decided to take advantage of the two weeks opportunity; we'll build some luxury suites, some specialty restaurants.

Yeah, the ship is not getting bigger so we had to shift some space(s). So some (spaces) will be gone to make accommodate new items."

[male interviewer: That will cost some..]

"Yes indeed, it will cost some. To add, we will even build two more of these ships. Yep. The Dutch cruise market is relative small but grows steadily. More people seem to find their way to cruising and when they are addicted they tend to take one or two in a year."

Did it roughly, playing the video and typing along, rewinding, playing again, etc.

The drydock company is the same that extended Enchantment of the Seas by 22 meters in 2005 btw.