veranda size ?

ruby32

can anyone tell me the size (square feet) of a standard veranda in a B4 room on the Riviera compared to the size of a veranda on a standard veranda room on the R ships ?

I've never taken a tape measure to it, but I'd say that both sets of verandas are approximately the same size at between 35 and forty square feet.

Regatta-Veranda-Stateroom-Floor-Plan1.jpg

They run the full width of the stateroom and are about five feet deep from the cabin door to the railing.

On the website take the sq ft of a C cabin from the sq ft of a B cabin then compare

It will be approx

The R ships appear to have larger balconies at 51 Sq ft compared to 40 on the O class ships

Take a tape measure & report in

Edited by LHT28

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. We are doing a Caribbean cruise next year on the Riviera after doing two (Baltic and Transatlantic) on the Regatta and Nautica respectively. Really looking forward to the new ship, especially the specialty restaurants, Baristas and the added grill at the Terrace.

On the website take the sq ft of a C cabin from the sq ft of a B cabin then compare

It will be approx

The R ships appear to have larger balconies at 51 Sq ft compared to 40 on the O class ships

Take a tape measure & report in

I did the math and got the same results - this assumes that the B and C cabins without the veranda included in the measurements are the same size and that the difference in size is all veranda. And this has to be the case on both classes of ship. I will report back when I return from the cruise - which is not until Nov/Dec, 2015

I did the math and got the same results - this assumes that the B and C cabins without the veranda included in the measurements are the same size and that the difference in size is all veranda. And this has to be the case on both classes of ship. I will report back when I return from the cruise - which is not until Nov/Dec, 2015

Maybe I will have to start taking my tape measure along :D

Most cabin sizes are APPROX but we have stayed in an A, B & C on the R-ship & did not notice much difference in size

We only had a B4 extended balcony on Marina so cannot compare with other cabins

What you say makes sense, but then so much about Marina and Riviera just "seems larger" than the R ships-

This is true

I am sure someone somewhere has the exact measurements :D

Lyn

From my "bible" when it comes to deck plans and cabin sizes, CruiseDeckPlans, Riviera and Marina Category B balconies 40 sf, "R" ship category B balconies 43 sf.

The inside dimensions of Category C cabins on "R" ships are very slightly less sf than category B, although the difference is so slight we don't notice. That leasds to the discrepancy in the math. Without a tape measure, my guess is that cabins are nearly the same width in all Oceania standard cabins (defining the balcony width), at around 10', while the "R" ship balconies are perhaps 4" deeper. In the absence of a former poster, Meow (who measured all the cabins), some day I'll have to take a tape measure along.