Epic 12/07/13 - 12/14/13 Review

outtoseacruise

Day 1 Saturday (Embarkation Miami) 12/07/13

After a quick drive from Orlando I arrived at the Port of Miami around noon. After parking the car I entered the terminal. Pre-Boarding was quick and easy. Once onboard I went to my cabin to drop my carry-on luggage and camera bag off. I had an inside cabin and when I opened the door I was a little shocked at how small the cabin was compared to other cruise lines inside cabins. This was only my initial opinion of the cabin which quickly went away. After a couple of hours I was actually amazed at how well Norwegian manages the cabin space and began to really like the design of the cabin.

Since I hadn't had any breakfast when I left Orlando I was hungry and went to the Garden Café for lunch. After lunch I decided to explore the ship and see where things were prior to the lifeboat drill. I then went to dinner at Taste where I had Spring Roll, Lobster, & Cheesecake.

I then had reservations in the Epic Theater for Blue Man Group. This show was pretty good and kept your attention the entire show.

First impression is so far so good. I really think this is going to be a good cruise. It is a bit of a learning curve learning the Norwegian style of cruising again after being on other cruise lines for the last few years. Once you get the hang of it you will enjoy the cruise more.

If you have seen my past reviews I usually have my wife and the girls with me. I had an extra week of vacation that had to be used and because of work and school the others were not able to make this cruise. As you will see as the review goes on I am using this time to relax and also to do some photography.

You have some awesome pictures! Thank you for posting! :D

I loved O'Sheehan's, too. Yummy chicken pot pie! lol

Btw, I hate to ask this, because I'm sure it's work for you, but would you mind posting the other dailies? At least the pages that have the lists of activities. I saw some dailies last month that showed the solo travelers gatherings being at like 8 PM and I'm just kind of curious if that's an ongoing change?

Last year, we had the gatherings around 5:30 PM and then went to dinner afterwards. 8 PM seems a little late for the gatherings... unless they aren't planning any dinners. :eek: lol

The solo gathering was held at different times and often at 8:00. This was the biggest complaint of the solos in our group. The gatherings were no well attended due to the time. There were other changes as well like no organized dinners, no guest entertainers, etc.