Epic 12/07/13 - 12/14/13 Review

outtoseacruise

This is exactly what I was looking for! I love researching, and the Dailies are perfect.

'My' Epic cruise will be to the western Caribbean, but I bet the on-board activities will be very similar.

Thanks for posting all this!

I was on the same sailing and look forward to seeing what you thought about it. The inside cabin looked very nice to me, and I liked the straight glass door for the toilet better than the curved glass we had in our balcony.

The solo gathering was held at different times and often at 8:00. This was the biggest complaint of the solos in our group. The gatherings were no well attended due to the time. There were other changes as well like no organized dinners, no guest entertainers, etc.

Oh no! I hate to hear that. 'Cause the dinners were among the best parts of our experience last year. Why would NCL go and screw up such a good thing? :(

I used screenshots from my iPad to copy the menus from the NCL iConcierge App

IMG_0456-X3.jpg

The iConcierge App was great with only a few bugs. The IOS Version was more stable compared to the Android Version. For some reason the Android Version would always crash or have errors? It wasn't just one phone that experienced this but both my SIII and Note 2. My iPad never had any issue.

Nintendo Wii U on the Big Screen in the Atrium

IMG_1330-XL.jpgIMG_1331-XL.jpg

IMG_1333-XL.jpg

One of the BEST Crew Members I met while onboard was Adam who ran the Wii U Game for the kids. I stopped and talked to him after they had this session since it just so happened that I had purchased a Wii U for my girls for Christmas and figured he could advise me on anything I needed to know. He informed me the kids love the Nintendo Land: Mario Chase at all of the sessions he runs. I also ran into him numerous times onboard during the cruise and at debarkation. He always appeared ready to assist and help the guests wherever he was.

Pot roast? Sounds like top shelf cruise cuisine....

Did you try the meatloaf and chicken pot pie?

Here is your Meatloaf that was on the Afternoon Menu at O'sheehan's

OsheehansMeatloafLunch-XL.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't try the Chicken Pot Pie you were looking for? But here are the Afternoon Menus for O'Sheehan's:

OsheehansAppetizersLunch-X3.jpg

OsheehansLunch-X3.jpg

Osheehans%20DessertsLunch-X3.jpg

Day 4 Tuesday (St Maarten) 12/10/13

Early breakfast this morning at O’Sheehan’s again. After breakfast I went ashore and into town for a couple of hours. While there I hit a couple of the camera store trying to get a deal. In the end I left without a camera upgrade. The prices were nothing special like they used to be here.

I then spent a couple of hours taking some pics and then took the water taxi back to the dock. After getting back onboard went to dinner at Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi). The food was about average for this type of restaurant. The one thing I have not seen done at restaurants at home was the addition of garlic to the rice. It tasted great. For desert I had both the green teat cake & ice cream which were excellent. I had to quickly leave there and head to the Epic Theater for Legends In Concert. I thought Legend was one of the BEST shows I have seen at sea in a long time.