? About new relaxed dress code

STUR

How relaxed is the new dress code? We are booked on the Fantasy in July 7 day eastern.

It would be great to not pack a suite and tie.

STUR

DAYTON,OHIO

Edited by Host Mick
De-bolding

How relaxed is the new dress code ?

We are booked on the Fantasy in July 7 day eastern

It would be great to not pack a suite and tie

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

The only "relaxation" the dress code has undergone is the removal of "no shorts" for dinner in the MDRs.

Beyond that, it's the same as it's been for a long time.

That said, you'll see all sorts of dress on any night (formal or otherwise).

Outside of the adult dining venues, there is no dress code. There are "requests" and "suggested attire" with no enforcement at all.

The only change recently was the no shorts in the dining room request, which has been eliminated.

You don't need a suit if you don't plan to dine at Remy. Your choice as to how formal to be on "formal" night.

• 2 weeks later...

The Remy dress code posted on the DCL web site says that a jacket is required for gentlemen. It does not mention a tie. That said, most guys wear a tie.

And the ship maintains a few that can be borrowed by those guests who may not have brought along the required clothing. (that part isn't posted, but it does exist).

Ok new to Disney so don't yell at me...we are going to be on a 3 night on the dream which I have been told have no formal nights and we don't plan to go to an adult only restaurant as we want to enjoy the rotation...so how do we dress? I am trying to avoid packing a lot for such a short trip and it is a surprise for my husband that I am going to have Mickey call him the night before and therefore we won't have much time to pact either.

On a 3 night cruise, the suggested attire is "cruise casual" with a request that no tank tops or swimwear be worn in the dining room. You must wear something on your feet. That's it. The previous "no shorts" request has been removed.

SO, basically any type of top, shorts, pants, skirts, dresses, etc. One night will be called "Dress up optional." Wear what you want. Most people do not dress up on a 3 night cruise.

Most commonly seen--guys in docker type pants and a shirt of some sort, women in capris/pants/skirts and some sort of top.

As one poster said, don't yell at me but…..while I agree with the idea of no suits, I think this opens up the can of worms for dressing for dinner. I hope that folks can keep it nice nothing less than nice jeans, khakis, casual dresses. The wait staff still needs to look nice, act nice etc. Why can't we?? I love to see all the folks dressed up/cleaned up/looking nice, not overly dressed IE Tuxes, long gowns etc. It just seems to add something special to it all.

I'm with you, and we always "dress" for dinner...whether that is nice casual clothing or formal wear (depending on the evening). But in fairness to those on the boards, I was trying to state the DCL requests/requirements/dress code/whatever you want to call it.

Yes, it is honestly more fun and makes it more special if people make a little effort! And it can affect kid behavior too.

Dress however you feel comfortable. Do not pay attention to what anyone else "suggests". They are not the boss of you. I only bring a sport coat and color shirt with nice slacks for Remy. Other than that its shorts and polo shirts.