Royal Princess Obstructed View

corsage

I am looking at booking on the Royal in an obstructed balcony category on the Emerald deck and wondering if anyone has stayed in a quiet room that they have enjoyed or any other tips anyone would like to share would be great to hear from you.

I am looking at booking on the Royal in an obstructed balcony category on the Emerald deck and wondering if anyone has stayed in a quiet room that they have enjoyed or any other tips anyone would like to share would be great to hear from you.

What Cat. and deck are you looking at ? I just got off on the 22nd.

We are looking at Category BV and BW.

Those cabins are diff. obstructed. I stayed on Lido deck l115 in DZ Cat. They list these cabins as obstructed but they are not. They changed the balcony from a solid metal front to the normal see through during final build out. They never changed the listing or pricing. It is the deck above the bridge and has a great view ! It is in front and we never felt a thing the whole trip. It is very quiet since there are very few people walking in that area. It is on the same deck as the pool area and buffet and only a two min. walk to those areas. Never heard anything above us through the whole trip. They are pricing these as obstructed but they are not. We paid $1580 for this cabin.Could not have made a better chioce!

Edited by fielddreamer

We were on the emerald deck and loved it! our room was E405, no obstruction, quiet area, great room! It is a DV category. also had a large balcony-about twice the size as most of the regular balconies on this ship. any other questions, you can email me...we loved this ship from the Nov 10 sailing that we decided to book another cruise and are going on the Jan 19 sailing!

We were on the emerald deck and loved it! our room was E405, no obstruction, quiet area, great room! It is a DV category. also had a large balcony-about twice the size as most of the regular balconies on this ship. any other questions, you can email me...we loved this ship from the Nov 10 sailing that we decided to book another cruise and are going on the Jan 19 sailing!

I have a great pic of this cabin I shot from the pier in St. Thomas!

Those cabins are diff. obstructed. I stayed on Lido deck l115 in DZ Cat. They list these cabins as obstructed but they are not. They changed the balcony from a solid metal front to the normal see through during final build out. They never changed the listing or pricing. It is the deck above the bridge and has a great view ! It is in front and we never felt a thing the whole trip. It is very quiet since there are very few people walking in that area. It is on the same deck as the pool area and buffet and only a two min. walk to those areas. Never heard anything above us through the whole trip. They are pricing these as obstructed but they are not. We paid $1580 for this cabin.Could not have made a better chioce!

That is interesting as I thought they had the metal front on the balcony. Was there any restriction as to going out on the deck only on port days? I read somewhere that some of the front balconies could only be used on port days.

That is interesting as I thought they had the metal front on the balcony. Was there any restriction as to going out on the deck only on port days? I read somewhere that some of the front balconies could only be used on port days.

These cabins are not facing front. This is the 3rd cabin heading back and they changed it back in April when we first noticed it from construction photos and as the months want by we saw better photos to confirm this. These are normal balconys like the rest of the ship. The not opening is for the cabins facing front. Send me a e-mail and I will send you the pics of the emerald deck cabin !

These cabins are not facing front. This is the 3rd cabin heading back and they changed it back in April when we first noticed it from construction photos and as the months want by we saw better photos to confirm this. These are normal balconys like the rest of the ship. The not opening is for the cabins facing front. Send me a e-mail and I will send you the pics of the emerald deck cabin !

Not sure where to find your email address.

The cabins on Emerald Deck can go from no obstruction at all, to a great deal obstructed especially if you are located behind one of the tenders.

Best advice is to check the available cabins, and compare it on the Deck Plan along with where the lifeboat placement that's indicated on those deck plans. In all of my research, for the most part, they are pretty accurate.

On my B2B Turn Around Day I zipped through several of the Emerald Deck cabins and took pictures. You can see them here, start with Post #464 and go through to Post #474...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950107&page=24

The cabins on Emerald Deck can go from no obstruction at all, to a great deal obstructed especially if you are located behind one of the tenders.

Best advice is to check the available cabins, and compare it on the Deck Plan along with where the lifeboat placement that's indicated on those deck plans. In all of my research, for the most part, they are pretty accurate.

On my B2B Turn Around Day I zipped through several of the Emerald Deck cabins and took pictures. You can see them here, start with Post #464 and go through to Post #474...

That is awesome, that really helps make our decision which cabin to take. You were a very busy person zipping in and out of the cabins. That would have been very interesting.

Hello Dave, we were on the Dec. 8 cruise with you. Enjoyed meeting you and all the roll call.

Corsage: Yes, Dave is right on some of the obstructed view Emerald cabins. We booked a guarantee obstructed balcony and 3 weeks before our cruise we were upgraded to a deluxe obstructed balcony on Emerald - E319. It was located in the middle of the 2nd front lifeboat and the obstruction was minimal. We thought we wouldn't be able to see the ocean when we sat on the balcony, but we could. So we were able sit out there more often than we thought whether having coffee in the a.m. or wine before dinner. It looked like if you had an Emerald balcony further down the back of the ship, you would have a more obstructed view, especially since they are the larger lifeboats/tenders. We saved a lot by booking a guarantee, especially since we were upgraded.

We loved the Royal....enjoy your cruise!

Hello Dave, we were on the Dec. 8 cruise with you. Enjoyed meeting you and all the roll call.

Hi Ruth and Dennis! It was a great cruise and I'm glad to have met you. :D

That is awesome, that really helps make our decision which cabin to take. You were a very busy person zipping in and out of the cabins. That would have been very interesting.

I was being very 'stealthy'. ;)

Actually that was something I did on a spur of the moment. I had already eaten breakfast and was waiting for the appointed time to muster in the MDR for Turn Around Day disembarkation and it hit me to take those pictures. I just wish now that I had taken a lot more.

The top of the lifeboat is just below the rail, so you can't look straight down into

the water. The pulleys and cable are to your left and right, over the rail. You can see

straight out,left,right ok. We had no problem with it. Some people do. We were on the

11/17/2013 Cruise.

• 7 months later...

I am considering booking L110, cat. DZ, on the Royal. I have read reviews that the cabins next to this one have glass under the railing. However, when

I look at Royal pictures, it looks like this one still has metal. This is the only

cabin on a B2B that is open on both trips. I would really like to stay in the

same cabins on both legs.

Does anyone have any information? Thank you.