FTTF question

purplemusik

Woo hoo! Tickets finally came open on my Feb. 8th cruise and I was able to get one for my room and the other cabin in our party! We are thrilled since we'll have 3 little ones and were using this to be able to go to the rooms and put our stuff down ( diaper bags/ strollers ) and let them run around a bit in there when needed right off the bat. So excited!

So...here's my silly question....

Being the experienced cruiser in the family of 9 going- they are looking to me to guide them on what to do/ where to go- lol. I've read that our luggage tags will say FTTF on them and I know that there is a FTTF area but that's all I've seen. When we get there ( Port Canaveral ) what happens? We still go through security right at the front doors - then you immediately get your S&S cards - do we tell them we are FTTF? Where do we go after that? I was thinking there will be signs of some sort to guide me but being an OCD, plan everything through, traveler- I like to know so humor me please!

Also, what is the late debarkation option? What time is this normally? Is it still busy at this time? We usually do self assist but since we have so many people we won't be doing that this time.

Thanks guys!

Your cruise docs will say FTTF on them. There will be a separate line for VIP/FTTF to get through security. Once you are through security there will be another VIP/FTTF line to get your S&S cards. After that you will sent to a special place to wait to get on, or if they are already boarding, you will get to bypass the masses waiting and get right on. All of the staff at port will point you in the right direction. When they look at your cruise docs. Just make sure you tell the porters you have FTTF so they can put a special sticker on your luggage.

FTTF allows you a zone 1 debarkation. You can change that for a late debarkation, but we normally just wait on Lido until they are close to the end of the process then walk right off. No lines at all.

Edited by Rena921

Woo hoo! Tickets finally came open on my Feb. 8th cruise and I was able to get one for my room and the other cabin in our party! We are thrilled since we'll have 3 little ones and were using this to be able to go to the rooms and put our stuff down ( diaper bags/ strollers ) and let them run around a bit in there when needed right off the bat. So excited!

Being the experienced cruiser in the family of 9 going- they are looking to me to guide them on what to do/ where to go- lol. I've read that our luggage tags will say FTTF on them and I know that there is a FTTF area but that's all I've seen. When we get there ( Port Canaveral ) what happens? We still go through security right at the front doors - then you immediately get your S&S cards - do we tell them we are FTTF? Where do we go after that? I was thinking there will be signs of some sort to guide me but being an OCD, plan everything through, traveler- I like to know so humor me please!

Also, what is the late debarkation option? What time is this normally? Is it still busy at this time? We usually do self assist but since we have so many people we won't be doing that this time.

Thanks guys!

When you walk in the door if there is no sign telling you where to go, just show you're boarding pass to the 1st Carnival employee you see, and they will take you out of the line & send you in the right direction.

Thanks guys!

Make sure your luggage tags all have the FTTF emblem on them and when you give them to the porter point out that you have FTTF. There will be a sign directing you to a special FTTF security line and check-in line, it will be close to where the VIP passengers enter.

After getting your S&S cards you will be seated in a special area just for FTTF and will board the ship right after weddings and VIPs. The big doors to the cabin passageways will be closed but will have a sign saying FTTF can go on in. If you are confronted by a steward just show him your S&S cards which will have the FTTF sticker on it.

If you want late debarkation then just take what ever luggage tags you are given and exchange them at guest services for a higher number. You will still have to vacate your cabin by 8:30 though.

When you walk in the door if there is no sign telling you where to go, just show you're boarding pass to the 1st Carnival employee you see, and they will take you out of the line & send you in the right direction.

Good to know! Thanks!

You will be able to go directly to your cabin once onboard. You luggage will probably be waiting for you. I had FTTF on the Carnival Pride this past summer and it was the best $50 I ever spent.

This wasn't huge for us but it was something we were looking forward to with the little ones. I was kind of worried when I saw a few people say their luggage still didn't make it until after dinner when they had FTTF ( but I've never had that happen to me even without FTTF- knock on wood! lol )

and let them run around a bit in there when needed right off the bat. Thanks guys!

I had to smile at this.

:) :) :)

your best bet - drop your stuff off. get those kids in the swimming stuff

go eat lunch then go swimming.

there will be no running around the room for a bit- especially if you got stroller(s) and maybe a pack and play?

I had to smile at this.

:) :) :)

your best bet - drop your stuff off. get those kids in the swimming stuff

go eat lunch then go swimming.

there will be no running around the room for a bit- especially if you got stroller(s) and maybe a pack and play?

LOL- very true but we have a deluxe ocean view and have a bit more room then we are used to- lol.

I wonder if those with FTTF who didn't get luggage quickly had the porter put FTTF tags on their bags. I'm Platinum and twice didn't get my luggage quickly. The next cruise I made sure the porter put the FTTF tag on and my things were at the cabin by 12:30pm.

We got off the Sunshine last week and had FTTF. All of our bags had FTTF tags and the orange stickers and we didn't get them until about 3:00. Not bad, but they certainly weren't waiting for us in our room when we got on the ship 11:30ish.

We also had FTTF on our cruise last March on the Freedom. Didn't wait quite so long for the bags (maybe 1:30), but they don't guarantee the bags will be in your room when you board so if there is anything you need right away you should pack it in your carryon.

Edited by Laurin612

DH and I each have a cabin booked on our 2/8/14 sailing. I was only able to get FTTF on my cabin before it sold out, can the 4 of us still board together?

ffttf is per cabin not per person

We took our first cruise last Feb out of Port Canavral. We were clueless on what we were doing with FTTF. There were nice big signs and the employees were right there to guide us. They were all super friendly and helpful. I think we got through super fast with no waiting and our luggage was waiting for us.

I hope the port in New Orleans is just as easy next month.

We took our first cruise last Feb out of Port Canavral. We were clueless on what we were doing with FTTF. There were nice big signs and the employees were right there to guide us. They were all super friendly and helpful. I think we got through super fast with no waiting and our luggage was waiting for us.

I hope the port in New Orleans is just as easy next month.

Great to know- I'm a big sign in your face to make sure I know where I'm going kind of gal!

DH and I each have a cabin booked on our 2/8/14 sailing. I was only able to get FTTF on my cabin before it sold out, can the 4 of us still board together?

No. Technically, only the ones in your cabin. Someone will probably say that they snuck both cabins occupants in but technically it's only the ones in the cabin that bought the FTTF.

Your cruise docs will say FTTF on them. There will be a separate line for VIP/FTTF to get through security. Once you are through security there will be another VIP/FTTF line to get your S&S cards. After that you will sent to a special place to wait to get on, or if they are already boarding, you will get to bypass the masses waiting and get right on. All of the staff at port will point you in the right direction. When they look at your cruise docs. Just make sure you tell the porters you have FTTF so they can put a special sticker on your luggage.

FTTF allows you a zone 1 debarkation. You can change that for a late debarkation, but we normally just wait on Lido until they are close to the end of the process then walk right off. No lines at all.

I just printed my luggage tags for cruise on the Pride for May 4th. The tags are RED with F2F and a red dot on them. My question is the porters still need to put a special sticker on my luggage. First time using fttf

I just printed my luggage tags for cruise on the Pride for May 4th. The tags are RED with F2F and a red dot on them. My question is the porters still need to put a special sticker on my luggage. First time using fttf

Yes, make sure the porter "marks" yours as FTTF.

They did in Ft. Lauderdale when we went on the Freedom last July.

We are Platinum and our luggage has never arrived any earlier than normal, so don't be upset if yours is not waiting when you get to your cabin. but all the rest is excellent.

Keith

Thanks, we are seniors each with medical equipment to bring on board so just being able to drop off our carry-ons is worth the price to us.

My mom decided last minute (about 3 days before) to go with me on my November cruise. I had FTTF in my cabin but not in hers. When we got to the port they allowed us both to go through the first line but after security they made her go to the normal line to check in while I went over to FTTF line. I pretty much got checked in and got my boarding card and waited by the door until she got there. After she got there they took my card (they didn't even give her one since told them I was waiting) and let us both on. It was after the FTTF boarding and they were on group 5 or 6 but still if not no clue what number she would have been.

Now my March cruise I screwed up and got FTTF for her cabin and mine, she is in a suite and did not need it, and forgot to put it on my cabin and my Aunt's (whose has my 11 yr old on the room booking). They said I could try and cancel and quickly rebook the FTTF under the other cabin but there is no warm and fuzzy it will even pop up :( Still waiting but hopefully they don't make DD go through the long line. At least as soon as we do board we can go to my room and drop stuff off :)