123 GO with online TA

güerejo

We have booked several cruises with this TA. They always offer some smallish additional perks (prepaid gratuities and/or OBC) but the real savings come if they have booked group space on the cruise and category you are interested in.

We got a great deal on the promotion last week for a Caribbean Cruise in late 2014. We got the drink package from Celebrity, got free gratuities, upgrade to Premium Alcohol and $100 OBC from the TA. The real icing on the cake was the $475 per person we saved by booking an A2 cabin. We were only sad that no A1 cabins were available under the group price!

Of course we only use this TA if we are very sure we will cruise, since they do charge a cancellation fee.

Plus, we get an extra 25 Captain's Club points for booking AQ in January!

Edited by lucinjo

I am pretty sure that I made a post last night. :confused: I am not aware that it had anything on it that was not allowed. Anyway, is anyone else having trouble getting pricing on said TA website? When I fill in all the parameters and click "Continue", I get a screen that says:

This page can't be displayed
:( I wanted to try the online booking site before calling the TA.

I have used them a lot, but their online booking engine is terrible. You pretty much have to call, and wait for a callback. I was born with a severe phone allergy and really prefer doing things on-line but in this instance it's been worth the agony.

The only thing to watch out for is 'uncombinable' offers if you are a shareholder--don't count on being able to use both.

I used them for my past cruise in November and have several booked for this year with them. Takes a long time for them to call back during a sale, but best perks I've found. Just be aware they do charge a cancellation fee.

Are they in Florida?

Edited by BosoxI

I'm also a member of their loyalty program and have to say I'm not really sure of its purpose, it hasn't done anything for me yet.

The benefit is that you should be receiving a $25 loyalty gift card after each completed sailing which are valid for 1 year and can be applied to a future 7 nt or longer cruise res booked thru this same agency as shipboard credit. :)

The previously mentioned web site is certainly for real.

We have booked with them for many years. Their online problems are due to increased growth and are being addressed. We went on their Presidents Cruise in the fall of '13 & were informed that they are moving to a much larger facility. They will be adding customer service on Saturdays soon & have begun to streamline the loyalty program.

I always check pricing from other agencies but have been happy with there pricing & service. I currently have 3 cruises booked with them.

Bill

The $25 loyalty gift cards must be submitted at least 2 weeks or longer before sailing. I've had multiple last minute (10 days out) sailings where they wouldn't allow me to use them.

They also have a referral program. If you refer a friend both you and the new client are supposed to get OBC. I think the friend gets it on the first sailing and you get it after they sailed. It did surprise me that they said I would have to wait to the next sailing when we convinced our friends to sail with us.

I still haven't received a certificate for 2 referrals who sailed in Nov.

Their online problems are due to increased growth and are being addressed.

Bill

Tried on my iPad and had a page come up that says Call Now, with an 800 number! I guess I have no choice but to call them. Like CathyCruises, I have a severe phone allergy. :D Boy, some people would be superstitious about the 3 of the last 4 digits in their phone number.

I booked what I imagine was a group rate through them in October for a cruise on Eclipse this May. The price was £800 less pp for the exact same cabin grade compared to Celebrities website plus they offered an additional $300 OBC in addition to the 123 Promo. As i was calling from the UK ( and they cannot return international calls) I got straight through.

I then saw this latest promo and decided to book Eclipse for October and got the same amazing group rate, 123 Promo, Free Tips, $300 OBC and an upgrade from the Classic to Premium package.

I have to say the process was easy as I knew what I wanted. The agent wasnt fully conversant with all the offers but got there in the end. Whilst the prices I got were amazing I was lucky as they had these group rates on the two cruises I was interested in. On many other dates there was little or no saving against X but they still were giving good OBC.

Whilst I know they have a cancellation fee we are definately going so it isnt an issue.

I booked what I imagine was a group rate through them in October for a cruise on Eclipse this May. The price was £800 less pp for the exact same cabin grade compared to Celebrities website plus they offered an additional $300 OBC in addition to the 123 Promo. As i was calling from the UK ( and they cannot return international calls) I got straight through.

I then saw this latest promo and decided to book Eclipse for October and got the same amazing group rate, 123 Promo, Free Tips, $300 OBC and an upgrade from the Classic to Premium package.

I have to say the process was easy as I knew what I wanted. The agent wasnt fully conversant with all the offers but got there in the end. Whilst the prices I got were amazing I was lucky as they had these group rates on the two cruises I was interested in. On many other dates there was little or no saving against X but they still were giving good OBC.

Whilst I know they have a cancellation fee we are definately going so it isnt an issue.

I love to do my own research and have everything lined out before I call. All I ask is what they can offer me for my chosen cruise. If it's acceptable, I book, simple as that. I am way too much of a control freak to let someone else do the planning for me! Plus that's a huge part of the fun!

Not being conversant about promos, etc. is what scares me about calling. It's like calling Celebrity. Half the sales people don't know what promos Celebrity is offering.

Kevin, when did you make your call?

- A Complimentary Classic Beverage Package for TWO

from Celebrity

(A value of $ 264 for 3 nt.; $ 352 for 4 nt. cruise; $ 440 for 5 nt.;

$ 616 for 7 nt. cruise; $ 880 for 10 nt.; $ 968 for 11 nt.;

and $ 1232 for 14 nt. )

NOTE: Not interested in the Classic Beverage package?

You can trade it off for up to $ 300 Onboard Credit

)

Is that $300 per cabin or per person?

Not being conversant about promos, etc. is what scares me about calling...

Basically, from what I can tell right now there is the 123go promo(basic drink package/gratuities/OBC, two offers for the 3rd and 4th passengers in cabin which doesn't happen very often), and besides that OBC potential from the travel agency.

here is 123 from X:

Our best cruise offer ever is back and better than before!

As an added bonus, book a Europe vacation and choose TWO offers*.

Choose from these incredible offers

FREE Beverage Packages

Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two, including spirits, valued at $88* per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us

FREE

Gratuities

Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30* per day

Onboard Credit

up to $300

per stateroom

Receive $100* for 3- to 5-night sailings Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings Receive $300* for 10-night or more sailings

Plus, each additional guest* in your stateroom receives:

FREE Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

Receive a Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package* for each additional guest in your stateroom, valued at $16.10* per day/per person, with beverage gratuities covered by us. Package is upgradable to include spirits & wine for a fee.

FREE Internet Package

Receive a 38 minute Internet Package for each additional guest in your stateroom, a value of $24.95* per person

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer#sthash.bfuuch0P.dpuf

Don't be afraid to call!

Is that $300 per cabin or per person?

Basically, from what I can tell right now there is the 123go promo(basic drink package/gratuities/OBC, two offers for the 3rd and 4th passengers in cabin which doesn't happen very often), and besides that OBC potential from the travel agency.

here is 123 from X:

Our best cruise offer ever is back and better than before!

As an added bonus, book a Europe vacation and choose TWO offers*.

Choose from these incredible offers

FREE Beverage Packages

Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two, including spirits, valued at $88* per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us

FREE

Gratuities

Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30* per day

Onboard Credit

up to $300

per stateroom

Receive $100* for 3- to 5-night sailings Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings Receive $300* for 10-night or more sailings

Plus, each additional guest* in your stateroom receives:

FREE Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

Receive a Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package* for each additional guest in your stateroom, valued at $16.10* per day/per person, with beverage gratuities covered by us. Package is upgradable to include spirits & wine for a fee.

FREE Internet Package

Receive a 38 minute Internet Package for each additional guest in your stateroom, a value of $24.95* per person

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer#sthash.bfuuch0P.dpuf

Don't be afraid to call!

Bosox - I understand what is being offered by Celebrity, and have seen what is offered on this TA website that we are talking about. What I am afraid of, as Kevin mentions, is that the TA's on the phones are not always up to date with what is being offered. Then you get into a battle trying to tell them what you are suppose to be getting as incentives to booking with them. It's really annoying when you sometimes know more than the person that is suppose to be booking your cruise. ;)

If my husband agrees to a certain cruise, I will call this TA tomorrow and see what perks they include.

Bosox - I understand what is being offered by Celebrity, and have seen what is offered on this TA website that we are talking about. What I am afraid of, as Kevin mentions, is that the TA's on the phones are not always up to date with what is being offered. Then you get into a battle trying to tell them what you are suppose to be getting as incentives to booking with them. It's really annoying when you sometimes know more than the person that is suppose to be booking your cruise. ;)
Whenever I have encountered that situation, it was because the TA was viewing the offer at a different location than where I was seeing it.

They have access to screens that are not available to the general public.

I find the easiest way to avoid a "battle" or even a hassle is just to keep the offer you are talking about open on the screen right in front of you.

Then if they claim that they are not seeing it, or that it is no longer being offered, you can easily point them directly to the place where you are seeing it so that you are both looking at the same thing.

To the poster who said their online Celebrity booking still shows "on hold", my last two bookings through this TA showed the same thing for weeks until I emailed the TA's customer service dept. and they had Celebrity fix it within the day.

To the poster who said their online Celebrity booking still shows "on hold", my last two bookings through this TA showed the same thing for weeks until I emailed the TA's customer service dept. and they had Celebrity fix it within the day.

Thanks for the advise. I'll give that a try.

Speaking of said TA, anyone know when your 123 perks will show? In past, it was after the cruise was booked...this time it isn't showing for us even though we have the email from the TA confirming. The call fixed the "on hold" issue....

Who knows! Sometime it is immediate and another time may be several days before it shows up. I had one that came and went. Was gone for weeks. The last time I checked, it was showing again. That was after the big break down on Celebrity's site. ;)

We are looking at the Holy lands tour on 4 OCT. Has anyone received the 1,2,3 go promo with this? Our TA was saying we weren't eligible but when we read it, it seems like we are. We are going to get a veranda room if we are eligible because it's only 400 more once you get the discounts. I'm concerned that if we book the veranda then they will say were not eligible because the bonuses only appear after purchase. Thanks!

You don't say what cruise ( ship?) As long as the cruise is a new booking, and taken before April 2015, you should be eligible.

Well, I tried calling said travel agent today, after failing to be able to book on their online website. I was all geared up, had all information in front of me about the cruise, what I was expecting as perks, and my Captains Club information. I was ready to do some wheeling and dealing. :D After getting an agent, I was then asked to give information and then was told that a TA would call me back by the end of the working day. At 6:45pm, I received a message on my home phone from a TA saying that they were now closed and that I could call back Monday or they would call me back. :( In the meantime, I did some Googling about this agency and did not like what I was reading. That combined with the today's treatment, we decided to forgo any extra OBC and just book straight with Celebrity again. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea