La Quinta, 26th St/Fort Lauderdale...Food..Food..Food

MAKINGWAVES

That hotel is literally overlooking the restaurants in Oakwood Plaza. You won't make it in time to Sweet Tomatoes or Red Lobster but plenty of other choices. Ale House, Dave & Busters and TGIFridays are open very late so you don't have to rush. The only food "closer" to your hotel is the Dunkin' Donuts inside the Hess station at the corner of Sheridan and 26 Ave.

Also staying here for one night prior to our cruise in February. Is there a liquor store within walking distance as well? Reviews of hotel are decent. Getting very excited now that the days are dwindling down until we reach warm weather.

Staying at La Quinta Airport, 26th St. Is there anything any closer than the Oakwood Plaza shopping center,(however humble), to get something to eat? I'm concerned about trying to get over there to eat after our plane gets in 7:30 P.M.

Why not call the motel and ask them?:)

We stayed there in Feb. Our plane was late. Hotel staff took us to restaurants, dropped us off and gave me a number to call them when we were ready to be picked up. It isn't a long walk but it was late, dark and we were tired.

They were shuttling folks to different restaurants. Same shuttle used for hotel pick up. No charge.

Also staying here for one night prior to our cruise in February. Is there a liquor store within walking distance as well? Reviews of hotel are decent. Getting very excited now that the days are dwindling down until we reach warm weather.

There is a liquor store on Sheridan St 1 1/2 blocks east of Oakwood Blvd/26 Av. It is the only one in Hollywood I know of open late at night (I presume operating under a grandfathered license before the law changed stopping sales at 10 PM) thus its inventory is more for the hip-flask party crowd than someone looking for a nice wine or champagne to carry on the ship. But even if that sounds like what your are looking for (<cough> fill up your rum runners <cough>) you absolutely do NOT want to walk there after dark. Ask the hotel if they will shuttle you Publix instead.

Edited by fishywood

There is a liquor store on Sheridan St 1 1/2 blocks east of Oakwood Blvd/26 Av. It is the only one in Hollywood I know of open late at night (I presume operating under a grandfathered license before the law changed stopping sales at 10 PM) thus its inventory is more for the hip-flask party crowd than someone looking for a nice wine or champagne to carry on the ship. But even if that sounds like what your are looking for (<cough> fill up your rum runners <cough>) you absolutely do NOT want to walk there after dark. Ask the hotel if they will shuttle you Publix instead.

Can you tell me the name of the liquor store? We are staying at Sleep Inn and was wondering how far it would be from that hotel?

Can you tell me the name of the liquor store? We are staying at Sleep Inn and was wondering how far it would be from that hotel?

It's about 1.75 miles. You can at least get wine and beer at the Publix or Walgreens next to the hotel.

• 1 year later...

We will be there at the La Quinta this weekend. When I called recently, staff said only free shuttle was from airport. That is one reason we booked, I thought we could take shuttle to Hard Rock. Guess I'll ask again when we arrive.

They told me there was a Walmart nearby. We would like to buy couple bottles wine for cruise, so may check out liquor store mentioned, just not after dark. Is it ok you think to walk to mall after dark to the restaurants?

We will be there at the La Quinta this weekend. When I called recently, staff said only free shuttle was from airport. That is one reason we booked, I thought we could take shuttle to Hard Rock. Guess I'll ask again when we arrive.

They told me there was a Walmart nearby. We would like to buy couple bottles wine for cruise, so may check out liquor store mentioned, just not after dark. Is it ok you think to walk to mall after dark to the restaurants?

Walmart is 7 miles away! There is a Kmart about a mile away at the other end of Oakwood Plaza.