Putting Tags on luggage

HI!

I was wondering when do you put your RCCL tags on your luggage? :confused:

I was planning on putting it on before we even left the house, because if I am not mistaken (please correct me if I am wrong)..once I check it in at the airport, I don't see it again until it arrives at my cabin on the ship..is that correct?

thank you! :o

Do not place them on the luggage before your flight. You should still see your luggage once you land at your cruise destination. You take a great chance of the tags being ripped off by the airline. I always place mine on before I check out of the hotel on my way to the port.

Under the new rules (post 911) you now have to claim your luggage yourself and then turn it over to RCI. They no longer transfer luggage from the airline to the cruise line automatically. So put on your cruise tags after you claim your luggage from the airline.

Mike

when do you put your RCCL tags on your luggage

Do what the cruise line/docs or your TA tells you to do. In the past, cruise lines would take bags at the airport before they go to the carousels and deliver them directly to the ship. One time, we weren't using cruise air, but our TA told us to go ahead and tag our bags before departure. The bag pullers just look for tagged bags, not necessarilly those using cruise air. Worked great! We hung around the carousel after landing to ensure one didn't accidentally get missed; that would be the only caveat to this. But, alas, times change.

my travel docs i just received in the mail from celebrity told me to tag the bags before i leave the house. the docs say"you will not need to claim your airline checked luggage upon arrival in vancouver". Has this policy changed?

travel docs ... told me to tag the bags before i leave the house.

I'd do what the docs say. Baggage rules in Canada must differ, so unless you want to claim and lug them an extra time, follow the docs.

I was told by my TA NOT to put them on until you've landed to your final airport destination, as there is always the chance that the airlines will mistake the tag as an airline tag and send your luggage to the wrong destination!

I guess, though if you are SURE that RCI will be claiming your luggage for you, then you'll want those tags on...also, we're staying at a hotel pre-cruise, so putting on our tags would be pointless. We'll have to locate our own luggage to get to the hotel 3 days prior to boarding!

my travel docs i just received in the mail from celebrity told me to tag the bags before i leave the house. the docs say"you will not need to claim your airline checked luggage upon arrival in vancouver". Has this policy changed?

Vancouver is a special case since they are using "USA Direct" procedures that allows you to bypass Canadian Customs at the Vancouver airport. You better pay attention to the rest of the info in the docs that tell you to follow the airport signs to USA Direct to avoid going through customs.

Archived