Help please with Splendor cabin: 2217 or 2462?

NCTribeFan

OK, so I'm already booked on the extra-special repositioning cruise from San Juan to Miami.

Here's the thing. I booked one of the mid-ship 1A cabins. I had it on Conquest and it was great. Turns out, though, that the Conquest class ships have a 2nd bed on the floor added and they don't use the bunk.

They didn't do that on Splendor, though. Who knows why not. Anyway, I booked the same cabin. Now it turns out a friend may join me.

I'm torn between keeping the nice, cheap 1A rate but moving to 2216 or 2217 so neither of us old women have to climb a ladder (probably multiple times every night :p ) or moving to 2462.

I've read all about the picture-window cabins on these ships (some used to be 1A, most are now OV). But, like with a lot of my research, I'm finding very little specifically about Splendor.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I know 2465 is HC modified, but 2462 is not. I've seen pics and video of 2462 on Conquest-class ships. Is this cabin identical to those?

Noisy? Lots of motion? I've been in 2217 on Glory and had major wave-slamming-against-the-hull issues (but that was returning from Bermuda so it was Atlantic in mid-October). But, other than that, it was a great cabin!

Thanks all!

It should be almost the same as the pix you see on the Conquest.

Call and see if 2470 or 2473 is available.

FWIW we had 2470 on the Conquest and didn't hear anything from the MDR above.

2217 is under the stage.

Call and see if 2470 or 2473 is available.

FWIW we had 2470 on the Conquest and didn't hear anything from the MDR above.

2217 is under the stage.

I'm booked in 2473:D. NCTRibefan, come on over to the aft!

2462 is still available (don't know for how long) and it's a much shorter trip to the Lido deck....

Convenience to Lido deck is not a plus. I *need* to walk and climb as many stairs as possible to offset that spike in caloric intake!! :p

I've looked at the various sites for deck plans already since I was looking for specific info on this one cabin. I know where the cabin is and what is over it and that there's a stairwell, etc. I just want to confirm that, like the Conquest class, there are two beds on the floor that can be separated.

I know what will happen (Murphy's Law alert!):

• if I move to 2462, I'll end up solo and that means I'll just be paying a couple hundred dollars more for big windows (not that important to me; I love my current cabin);
  • if I move to 2217 and friend joins me, the sofa bed will be horribly uncomfortable and we'll have rough seas with hull-slamming waves and not get any sleep;
  • if I stay in 7345, friend will make late decision to join me and by the time she does, all the "regular bedding" cabins in decent locations will be gone and/or the prices will have spiked making the fact that I'll only be paying half not nearly as advantageous.

Sigh. See my dilemma? ;)

This may not be a cheap option, but can your friend place a deposit (NON ES) on either 2217 or 2462 and when she's 100% sure of her plans you guys can make the move? If not, she can cancel her cabin - no harm done.

We had the cabin right behind 2462 on our recent Glory cruise. Those far-aft cabins have a different noise issue than the waves that make noise in the forward cabins. In the back, there is a LOT of vibration all night when the ship is moving fast to the next port. Also, there is additional noise when the thrusters are used going in and out of a port.

Now, we were okay with this and usually sleep with earplugs anyway, but I know some folks are VERY bothered by the noise. You'll need to make your own assessment about that whether that could diminish your enjoyment of the cruise.

Our kids are staying in 2462 on the Jan 20th sailing and we are in 2470 our friends are in 2473. I can let you know how the cabin is when we return. I do know that 2462 will only sleep 2, there is no couch. Not sure about an upper from the ceiling but I will check. 2470 and 2473 are huge and both have a sofa, they could accommodate three easily, just ask your pvp.

Our kids are staying in 2462 on the Jan 20th sailing and we are in 2470 our friends are in 2473. I can let you know how the cabin is when we return.

Could you also please let us know how the noise/vibration is in 2470/2473 when you're back? Thanks so much.

I've had aft cabins before: a 1A on Triumph on Riviera that not only had lots of vibration but noise from the elevator shaft, a 1A on Fantasy on Empress (great cabin; lots of squeaks and rattles the first night when we had rough seas but fine the rest of the cruise), and an aft balcony on Miracle #4230 (loved it!).

Yes, they have rather different motion issues than forward cabins. Thrusters don't disturb me because I'm an early riser.

2462 will probably be taken before the end of January, but I'd love to hear your thoughts when you return. I'm leaning toward moving to 2217. I know the issues up there and it won't put me out-of-pocket any additional funds.

Plus, think of all the additional exercise I'll get! :p

When I had this cabin on Glory, I joked about how the little signs on the ceiling stretched off into infinity. To get to the Lido buffet, I'd climb the forward stairs to Promenade, then walk all the way back to the aft stairs (to give me time to catch my breath), then climb the rest of the way up. Phew!

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from the Splendor Jan 20 sailing. Room 2462 does not have a pull out from the ceiling. This cabin is small but was perfect for 2 teens. There are 2 chairs and a small table at the end of the beds and two windows. Small vanity beside the beds, 3 closets and standard size washroom.

We were in 2470 and it was beautiful, very large, 2 windows, lots of room for moving around and hosting 6 people for drinks. There was minimal noise in this cabin, nothing from above. Some sounds and vibrations when docking in port. Not enough to bother us. Slept very well the whole cruise.

Thanks so much for coming back and reporting. I'd forgotten I'd started this thread!

I ended up moving from my 1A on Empress to a 4F just down the hall for $40 more. Good thing I did because my friend decided to join me and the prices have skyrocketed (the repo cruise is selling like crazy; mildly surprised because San Juan-Miami Conquest repo wasn't even full).

2470 sounds great but I so rarely book OV. I really do like my inside cabins. But if I'm looking for something different one day, this is good info to have. :D

• 1 year later...