Screening Room Independence

That's a shame, I always enjoyed catching an afternoon movies when nothing else was going on. They seem to only use the outside screens for movies at night when I'm not interested. Does anyone know what they put in the former screening room location?

That's a shame, I always enjoyed catching an afternoon movies when nothing else was going on. They seem to only use the outside screens for movies at night when I'm not interested. Does anyone know what they put in the former screening room location?

On Liberty it was a desk that wasn't used out front and a door that said crew access only.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The main theatre now shows 3D movies during the day.

I was wondering why more of the ships don't show movies in the main theatre. It sits empty most of the day, and when it's a bit too cold, windy, or rainy, a nice movie would be nice.

Does anyone know if the screening room on deck 2 is gone? I don't see it on the deck plans.

Thank you

I was on the Independence in November. The screening room has gone, which is a shame. There is nothing in its place. Some times they showed films in the theatre, but it is not the same.

My daughter works stage staff for RCCI and the theater is used a lot. They have rehearsal with new acts, bingo, shore and shopping talks and when new musicians come aboard they like to practice with the singers. I know on rainy days they have swapped things around to have a movie in the theater. I agree taking the screen room out wasn't the greatest move.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, I'm disappointed to hear this! We've enjoyed the screening room.

In all fairness, the same movies are shown on the in-room TVs, and we've rarely seen the room even half-full, so it's clearly not something that appeals to the masses. (Or maybe they can't find it -- it's not all that easy to locate.) I would strongly prefer to sail a ship that includes a screening room.

Edited by MrsPete

Wonder if this is a side effect of the Dreamworks contract. Could they have greater restrictions in what they show now? In the past it seemed to be hit or miss on how full it would be, but at least 70% of the time it would be full by the time the movie starts and probably 30% of the time 30 minutes ahead of time was the cut off for entry. I was always amazed how many people would go to the movies, seemed like a lot of families enjoy it as an afternoon activity as well as older individuals who don't like the sun deck.

I wasn't a fan of the screening room. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a small venue hidden away in the bottom of the ship, but it was pretty bad on Freedom in September 2012. The projector didn't appear to be set up to do widescreen (though the screen itself was wide) so the picture was about a third the size it should have been. The color was way out of whack, and the brightness/contrast were as well, which made an already small picture even harder to see. None of those things being hard to fix is what annoyed me the most - the whole thing just seemed like an afterthought.

I wasn't a fan of the screening room. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a small venue hidden away in the bottom of the ship, but it was pretty bad on Freedom in September 2012. The projector didn't appear to be set up to do widescreen (though the screen itself was wide) so the picture was about a third the size it should have been. The color was way out of whack, and the brightness/contrast were as well, which made an already small picture even harder to see. None of those things being hard to fix is what annoyed me the most - the whole thing just seemed like an afterthought.

I agree. I would like to have a large screen HD TV in here rather than a projected movie. Looks like it is being taken out of the Navigator too.

Edited by Jimnbigd