Freedom - Early seating Dinner

Wetmib

I just (sorry, not used to looking for it) noticed the early seating dinner on our Freedom cruise - Jan 26 lists 5:30 - when did that change - in the past we've had early seating and it's been 6pm. Is that just on freedom? or across the whole line? and, as long as I'm asking questions, how long has it been in effect? Many thanks all - ready to get out of the cold and snow

I just (sorry, not used to looking for it) noticed the early seating dinner on our Freedom cruise - Jan 26 lists 5:30 - when did that change - in the past we've had early seating and it's been 6pm. Is that just on freedom? or across the whole line? and, as long as I'm asking questions, how long has it been in effect? Many thanks all - ready to get out of the cold and snow

Not fleetwide, but it's been that way on Freedom for at least a couple of years. I believe early dinner is at 5:30pm on ships out of Galveston too.

We were on Freedom in Oct 2011 and dining times were 5:30 and 8:00. We always do late and we loved doing 8:00. Not sure why, but there are a couple of ships that do that. Also, they sometimes change it on other ships from what I've heard. We've only had it earlier on FR.

Last time we were on the Freedom, the LA told us it was due to the demographics of the ship...IE: there are more families and older people sailing on her and they tend to prefer the 5:30 time.

Please don't flame me - that was what she told us when we asked about it. When we cruised on the Freedom in 2011, early dining was 6pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love this! We are sailing the Freedom next December with my 4 year old and an early dinner works great for that age! We're on the December 14 sailing, does anyone know if it will be 5:30 for that time frame?

No one can predict what will happen on board the ship in a year. However, the early time has been 5:30pm for several years now.

Not applicable to Freedom (at least not currently), but dining times on European cruises tend to be later than (what I consider to be the norm) 6pm and 8:30pm - a combination of later times in port, and the fact that many Europeans tend to eat later. They can't please everyone, but they do try to please the clientele.

Thom