Your Favorite Carnival Breakfast Foods!

The food photos with beans in them were from my Alaskan cruise. Since we were close to Canada that is probably why they were served.

Even Princess has those beans on the buffet menu for breakfast. Not the first time I have seen them for breakfast on Carnival or Princess. They must get a deal on them, or they feel compelled to fill up an empty space on the buffet. DH did get some for breakfast every day - I passed on them.

Breakfast starts with room service at 6am. 3 croissants with butter and jam, coffee and tomato juice. An hour later it is off to the Lido buffet and the omelet station. At the omelet station I get an omelet which I request not to be folded and kept round as a pancake, then I get 3 eggs over easy and have them placed on top of the omelet, then I get the bacon and maybe more bacon...

It always amuses me when people are so disparaging of baked beans on a breakfast buffet. It's not a way of being cheap, it's a way of providing traditional breakfast foods. I'm sorry if they don't happen to be *your* traditional breakfast foods but hey, here's a hint: there's a lot going on outside of your world. Instead of making fun of what you don't know, maybe embrace a little change. Or at least accept it. But to just rag on it because it's not what you know makes you look a little silly and small minded.

It always amuses me when people are so disparaging of baked beans on a breakfast buffet. It's not a way of being cheap, it's a way of providing traditional breakfast foods. I'm sorry if they don't happen to be *your* traditional breakfast foods but hey, here's a hint: there's a lot going on outside of your world. Instead of making fun of what you don't know, maybe embrace a little change. Or at least accept it. But to just rag on it because it's not what you know makes you look a little silly and small minded.

I agree!

BTW... The beans were good too!

Wow Take it easy man. Its just a baked bean.

This past weekend on the Elation, there were two "Seaday Brunch" mornings in the mid-ship dining room (no comedian to have to put with). One of the items on the menu was Huevos Rancheros, served with three salsas, home fries and chicken on a flour tortilla. I also tried the Steak and Eggs, which was a filet mignon, topped with spinach, served with two fried eggs, home fries and bernaise sauce. For some reason, there was also a raw tomato with bread crumbs on it and cold and hard piece of bread with it. Did not like that. The Huevos Rancheros were very good and now is my favorite breakfast.

On the port days, I like to order two eggs with the French toast and bacon. I also like the Norlander bread. And of course, a few cups of coffee.

Edited by djacobson

Good one!!! :)

Geo

• 5 weeks later...
OK, on the Lido, the deep fried hard boiled egg. I have been told they are called Scottish Eggs. They are swinging! They don't have them every day though, so you have to look for them.

These are another delicious British thing and are sold ready made in all supermarkets and eaten on picnics..often shorted to scotch egg.

However they do not go with baked beans.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHPD9oZrG3xh_pTCRIYcK5_hLScJhuMSQuAp1zdgaqR4jE1gIA

YUM

My favorite breakfast food in the Lido is the Sausages and Onions - its a variety of different types of sausages. Tasty!

Loved these on the Elation with either an omelet from the omelet station and the potatoes, or with pancakes & syrup. So good!

November we are going on the Triumph, so we will get to try a burrito at the Blue Iguana ... but we're from San Antonio and we know burritos. ...so we will see how it measures up! LOL

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

Edited by christyran1228

I was introduced to bagels and salmon on a cruise ship back in the day and fell in love. Now I always get it while on a cruise. I don't have it at home, so it' a treat! Also the croissants are hard for me to pass up.

These are what got my husband to agree to let me book our next cruise.

I kept texting him pictures of them until he caved ...

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app