Studio Cabins - Epic vs Breakaway/Getaway

Chigirlcruzin

I need to book a cruise to get me through this latest cold snap! I've sailed the Epic three times Ina studio cabin, and I love it. I am leaning towards booking the Getaway for spring. I'm curious if the studio experience is different on the Breakaway. I know there are fewer studios on the Breakaway and Getaway, but is everything else pretty much the same? I'd appreciate any insight from someone that has sailed in a studio on both the Epic and the Breakaway.

I have an indirect answer - I was just on the Breakaway and met someone who'd been in the studios on the Epic and the Breakaway. She said the studio cabins were the same but the Epic studio lounge was much stricter in keeping non-studio people out.

The studio lounge on the Breakaway is a lot smaller than the Epic.

On the Breakaway transatlantic, the consensus was that things like not having a board available for arranging meals etc, and the size of the lounge meant that the experience wasn't as good as the Epic.

I dont know whether they have changed much since then.

• 11 months later...

I noticed you were booked in a Studio on the Getaway and I am planning to do that also. How did you like the Studio room? Was also wondering if it is better to be on the 10th or 11th deck. Anything you can tell me about the Studio staterooms would be helpful.

Thanks!!!

I have an indirect answer - I was just on the Breakaway and met someone who'd been in the studios on the Epic and the Breakaway. She said the studio cabins were the same but the Epic studio lounge was much stricter in keeping non-studio people out.

The CD I had on the Getaway did prop the the door so non solo studio people could come into the lounge but only during the solo meetup times. All other times the door was keycard only.

I noticed you were booked in a Studio on the Getaway and I am planning to do that also. How did you like the Studio room? Was also wondering if it is better to be on the 10th or 11th deck. Anything you can tell me about the Studio staterooms would be helpful.

Thanks!!!

I don't think there's a real difference between the decks (I was on 10). The lounge on the Getaway is two floors so there's an entrance on deck 11 and on deck 10 with stairs in the lounge to go down to deck 10 where the bar is. On the Getaway they now have a whiteboard in the lounge where people can organize items and if your CD for the meetups is any good he will also try and arrange group events. Mine tried but failed. Either forgot to make the reservation completely, made it on the wrong night, and as a makeup was supposed to get us tables right up against the dance floor in the MDR and didn't. With our group it got to the point we just organized our own stuff and basically did his job for him. YMMV though because while my cruise in August had a great group of solo cruisers that went to the meeting (at least 10 people every night), the cruise before mine only had 4 people show up one night.

As for the staterooms themselves the best way to describe them is efficient. Its really designed for one person to stay in only. There's enough space to hold all of your clothes (I had lots of button down shirts and such hanging in the space on the wall unit for it. There's enough space under the bed to hold two large suitcases so they are out of the way. I will say that the mirror can fall of the track a lot (it slides between the sink and a storage area for clothes) and the vanity sink is on the small side. There is no minibar in the room.

Edited by nyc2theworld