Oceanview Guarantee on Freedom of the Seas

Hi,

We just signed up yesterday for the 2/16/14 Freedom of the Seas cruise. I'm an experienced cruiser, but it's my girlfriend's 1st cruise. We signed up for a guaranteed ocean view and as of this morning have already been assigned cabin 2540 on Deck 2.

I'm not sure I like this, it's the 1st cabin all the forward right next to public restrooms and the Arcadia theater. While we're not planning to spend a lot of time in the cabin I am concerned about how disruptive and noisy this location is going to be. I'm seriously thinking about seeing if we can change to another cabin. Anybody have any thoughts on having a cabin in this location, should I see about switching, and what would be my chances of being able to switch?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Hi,

We just signed up yesterday for the 2/16/14 Freedom of the Seas cruise. I'm an experienced cruiser, but it's my girlfriend's 1st cruise. We signed up for a guaranteed ocean view and as of this morning have already been assigned cabin 2540 on Deck 2.

I'm not sure I like this, it's the 1st cabin all the forward right next to public restrooms and the Arcadia theater. While we're not planning to spend a lot of time in the cabin I am concerned about how disruptive and noisy this location is going to be. I'm seriously thinking about seeing if we can change to another cabin. Anybody have any thoughts on having a cabin in this location, should I see about switching, and what would be my chances of being able to switch?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

If you are in the US, they will usually let you switch to any available stateroom in the same exact category as you have been assigned.

My family just cruised on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago and we were in 2560. The entrance for the Arcadia is up on Deck 3, so the impact is minimal for the rooms on Deck 2. Our hallway was very quiet and I don't think there is a lot of traffic in and out of those restrooms. I usually went up to Deck 4 to sit in the chairs up there. It was like my very own balcony as not too many people are there except for some crew members walking by.

My family and I were assigned this cabin as a "guarantee" a few years ago and we LOVED it! It is on deck two and is close to the movie theater. We enjoyed watching late movies and being able to turn the corner to get to our cabin. Although it is located next to public restrooms, they were hardly ever used by anyone. I don't think people realized they were even there. As a matter of fact, they came in handy for us as a second bathroom. This cabin is located in a very quiet area and there is not much foot traffic at all. I would chose this cabin again in a heartbeat!

Thanks for all your feedback, much appreciated! Feeling better about our cabin location after the feedback, but still might see about getting a different cabin. I would prefer something on a higher deck.

Thanks again,