Bringing soda/water on board majesty

Hello,

We are going on the 1/20/14 sailing on Majesty of the seas. Has anyone brought soda or water aboard lately? The literature I received says they do not allow it but some of the old posts said that people put luggage tags on it and it was brought to the stateroom?

Thanks!

Heather and John

I just received cruise documents for our next cruise with Independent. In the documents there is not said anything about non-alcohol drink restrictions anymore. So reading the documents I would say that you can bring as much soft drinks and water as you want to. Besides that you are allowed to bring two botles of wine or sparkling wine per cabin, but only on embarkation day.

I just received cruise documents for our next cruise with Independent. In the documents there is not said anything about non-alcohol drink restrictions anymore. So reading the documents I would say that you can bring as much soft drinks and water as you want to. Besides that you are allowed to bring two botles of wine or sparkling wine per cabin, but only on embarkation day.

Wrong-read again. I just got mine and it states you are NOT allowed to bring non-alcoholic beverages on board with you. it's in the alcohol policy section.

Alcohol Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or nonalcoholic

beverages onboard for consumption or any

other use. Guests may bring personal wine onboard only

on embarkation day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per

stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle

shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional

bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought

onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-ofcall

or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and

delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing

Edited by Debde

Wrong-read again. I just got mine and it states you are NOT allowed to bring non-alcoholic beverages on board with you. it's in the alcohol policy section.

Alcohol Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or nonalcoholic

beverages onboard for consumption or any

other use. Guests may bring personal wine onboard only

on embarkation day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per

stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle

shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional

bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought

onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-ofcall

or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and

delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing

That is VERY interesting, because that's not what our Independence documents say. I can't figure out how to copy paste the whole text here with this computer, but it starts:

Alcoholic Beverage Policy

Quests are now allowed to bring onboard on embarkation day only two botles of wine or champagne per stateroom... ... Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol....

So either they have changed their policies or they now have different policies on different ships. Or then that thing you put there is somewhere else, but not in our cruise documents. There is not a word of nonalcoholic drinks in my documents besides that. Anyway what I think that text means is that you can bring soda and water freely, but it might be inspected to make sure it's not alcohol.

Mine was under Alcohol Policy.

My only point is, it is very rarely enforced but some have posted lately they have not been allowed to bring it on-board. If they chose to enforce, you will loose it. I don't think, since many new cruisers come here for information, should be made to feel it is OK. I do not think anyone should feel it is 'you can bring soda and water freely'. It is a rule that is not often enforced but when it is, your stuff is left on the curb!!;)

And again, the inconsistency of Royal. Cruise docs are even different and say different stuff!!:eek:

Hello,

We are going on the 1/20/14 sailing on Majesty of the seas. Has anyone brought soda or water aboard lately? The literature I received says they do not allow it but some of the old posts said that people put luggage tags on it and it was brought to the stateroom?

Thanks!

Heather and John

Yes, we sailed the Majesty in November and we brought a soft sided cooler with a six pack of water and 4 cans of soda. No issues. We put a luggage tag on the bag and it arrives safely in our cabin. We typically do this on all our sailings without a problem.