Port of Galveston

sg4crzn

Seawall west la Quinta for 3 to the pier usually runs about 20 bucks with yellow cab. They do run a shuttle but we have found the wait to be long and it's a small shuttle they share with holiday inn express next door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for that reply. I always prefer a cab and your answer

answers my question.

After getting off a plane, the quicker I get to a hotel, the happier I am. :D

Thank you so much for that reply. I always prefer a cab and your answer

answers my question.

After getting off a plane, the quicker I get to a hotel, the happier I am. :D

Just wanted to be sure you realize that the $20 quoted was from the hotel to the pier.....not from the airport to the hotel. That cost is going to be significantly higher as it's 45 minutes to Galveston from Hobby. Look up private town car service (I saw on another thread that someone paid $110 each way) or shuttle service. Didn't want you to get there and be surprised.

HOU is 42 miles from the port of Galveston so expect a healthy charge. I have walked from and to the cruise terminal from EZ Cruise parking. If you want to park there, make a reservation so that you can get in. Sometimes they are booked up in advance. Discounts are available so google them to find one.

I have stayed in both La Quinta hotels on the island and the west one is far superior to the one near the downtown. The downtown one was probably the worst La Quinta I have ever stayed in. Two more weekends to not go to Galveston is the first weekend of December when they have Dickens on the Strand and in the spring Mardi Gras. Hotel prices shoot way up.

If you have your own transportation and the island hotels are booked solid or have exorbitant rates, consider staying in the NASA/Clear Lake area about 30 miles away. There are many hotels including almost all the chains at reasonable prices. Add to that a huge number of restaurants and ample shopping for things you forgot and it is an excellent place to stay.

The two cruise terminals are side by side with a common entrance and departure lanes which makes for chaos when both RCCL and Carnival are there together. Expect large delays getting to or leaving the terminal at those times.

I thought our room was very nice and clean. There is a pool and hot tub. The typical waffle/cereal/scrambled egg breakfast with juice and coffee. The transfer leaves at 10 and it's about 40 min to ship. They let you choose a 9 or 11 pick up time for return back to airport. I am a early planner and a be there first person and I was very pleased.

I for one, want to thank you for posting this option. I just now found out about the included cruise shuttle and we are going on the Navigator in May so I have time to book Hobby LA Quinta.:-)

HOU is 42 miles from the port of Galveston so expect a healthy charge. I have walked from and to the cruise terminal from EZ Cruise parking. If you want to park there, make a reservation so that you can get in. Sometimes they are booked up in advance. Discounts are available so google them to find one.

I have stayed in both La Quinta hotels on the island and the west one is far superior to the one near the downtown. The downtown one was probably the worst La Quinta I have ever stayed in. Two more weekends to not go to Galveston is the first weekend of December when they have Dickens on the Strand and in the spring Mardi Gras. Hotel prices shoot way up.

If you have your own transportation and the island hotels are booked solid or have exorbitant rates, consider staying in the NASA/Clear Lake area about 30 miles away. There are many hotels including almost all the chains at reasonable prices. Add to that a huge number of restaurants and ample shopping for things you forgot and it is an excellent place to stay.

The two cruise terminals are side by side with a common entrance and departure lanes which makes for chaos when both RCCL and Carnival are there together. Expect large delays getting to or leaving the terminal at those times.

First weekend in November Is

Lone Star Motorcycle weekend .