World Cruise: Steve Young, CD

SilvertoGold

do you know for sure it is Steve Young - when we were the Prinsendam last May Gene Young was the CD and he told us then he was doing the world cruise. We had both he and Captain Mercer on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the fall on 2011 - both great gentlemen. Gene is an awesome CD - very personable and approachable.

Edited by gigianne

From the WC blogs comes the info that Steve Young has replaced longtime WC Cruise Director Bruce Scudder.

Anyone have any info about Steve Young? New to HAL or someone who has been around for a while?

That would be Gene Young and he has been around

Well, the CD is like ship food, varied opinions. However, I really, really enjoyed Gene on the 75 day South Pacific/Asia cruise this past fall. I would rank him among my favorite CD's. Generally folks seemed to really like him, but of course a few that I met were not impressed. I found him very easy to talk to, always smiling, willing to listen (which does not mean he would always do what was suggested). He seem to tailor the daily schedule to what many of the passengers wanted, etc.

We had the pleasure of sailing on a 27 day transatlantic/Med cruise with Gene as the CD. He was by far the most personable CD we ever had. He and his lovely wife helped make our cruise the most memorable one we ever sailed. One thing, though: Gene still owes me a travel bag! Our winning trivia team was given the option of the nice travel bag or a dinner at the Tamarind. I was outvoted 5-1 in favor of the dinner but Gene nevertheless promised me the travel bag anyway as well. On our way off the Nieuw Amsterdam Gene offered to get one of the bags which had just been loaded on board (they had been sold out before Gene could get me mine) if I'd get off the debarkation line -- my wife was not thrilled with having to wait for that for fear of being late to the Venice airport, so I told Gene thanks, but I'd have to decline lest I make the wife unhappy. If he reads this I'll supply my mailing address for him to send me the bag promised for winning the cumulative trivia tournament on the transatlantic portion of the cruise. ;)

Seriously, Gene is a terrific CD -- the world cruisers are lucky to have him onboard.

We had the pleasure of sailing on a 27 day transatlantic/Med cruise with Gene as the CD. He was by far the most personable CD we ever had. He and his lovely wife helped make our cruise the most memorable one we ever sailed. One thing, though: Gene still owes me a travel bag! Our winning trivia team was given the option of the nice travel bag or a dinner at the Tamarind. I was outvoted 5-1 in favor of the dinner but Gene nevertheless promised me the travel bag anyway as well. On our way off the Nieuw Amsterdam Gene offered to get one of the bags which had just been loaded on board (they had been sold out before Gene could get me mine) if I'd get off the debarkation line -- my wife was not thrilled with having to wait for that for fear of being late to the Venice airport, so I told Gene thanks, but I'd have to decline lest I make the wife unhappy. If he reads this I'll supply my mailing address for him to send me the bag promised for winning the cumulative trivia tournament on the transatlantic portion of the cruise. ;)

Seriously, Gene is a terrific CD -- the world cruisers are lucky to have him onboard.

Looking forward to it.

Roy