2013-2014 caribbean season MDR menus

CruisingTheWaves

hi all :) now that we have had a few cruises into the winter caribbean season, does anyone have any MDR menus to share? we are taking our first 10 night cruise on the equinox in march and i am curious if anyone has any of the updated menus. i have never done longer than 7 nights so i am sure there will be some things there that i haven't seen before. it will also dictate what nights we decide to have our specialty dining nights.

side note: when i was on the silhouette last month, they had escargot available each night. also, i was told it was only for that specific cruise, but they dramatically changed the presentation of the lobster on the second formal night in which it was actually only half a lobster tail. very disappointing considering i had the best lobster on any ship in march 2013 aboard the reflection. i do hope it was only that cruise and they aren't changing the presentation fleet wide. i really did not like it and it didn't taste all that good. has anyone just come back from their cruise and can report how their lobster was the second formal night on the silhouette or any other s-class ship?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also interested in seeing them. I really want to do the Ultimate Dining Package (specialties every night and also for lunch and breakfast if you want), but if the MDR menus look really good, I might change my mine and just eat at QSine.

We'll be on Summit in June and we'll probably just do QSine since there's not much selection on that ship.

Thank you, it appears the menus are slightly different as I was on Silhouette the week after these dates and there's a few that look slightly different. Looking for the three extra nights we will have though! I was very disappointed in the lobster entree this time, and it was also different than what was described for the second formal night in that list of menus. I think I'll have to ask to see the menus when I get on board if no one reports back before then. There's definitely a couple nights I'd rather be in specialty than what is on these menus. Just wish I knew which nights they were!

Thank you, it appears the menus are slightly different as I was on Silhouette the week after these dates and there's a few that look slightly different. Looking for the three extra nights we will have though! I was very disappointed in the lobster entree this time, and it was also different than what was described for the second formal night in that list of menus. I think I'll have to ask to see the menus when I get on board if no one reports back before then. There's definitely a couple nights I'd rather be in specialty than what is on these menus. Just wish I knew which nights they were!

I'm hoping to book the Ultimate Dining Package, which lets you each in the specialty restaurants every meal (even breakfast and lunch when you embark!). $29 a day and seems to be a great deal. I have enough OBC to cover the cost of it for 2 people.

I'm hoping to book the Ultimate Dining Package, which lets you each in the specialty restaurants every meal (even breakfast and lunch when you embark!). $29 a day and seems to be a great deal. I have enough OBC to cover the cost of it for 2 people.

That does sound pretty good, but traditionally we liked getting to know our waiter and assistant waitress in the MDR. Right now we plan on 3 nights for specialty but I would do the ultimate dining if we absolutely hated our table in the MDR.

Just off the Silhouette (1/12 - 1/19/14) and for the second formal night they had Oysters Rockerfeller and a Cold water lobster tail which was aprox 5 Oz in size. I had more than a dozen oysters adn 2 lobsters.....they were great.

We did the Ultimate package on the Reflection and we LOVED it! I would do it again in a heartbeat on an S-class!!

ugh we so got slighted on our silhouette cruise. A half lobster tail still in a half lobster shell. It showed some nasty parts of the lobster that I wouldn't want to see on my plate. It wasn't just not good, it was plain bad. Very disappointed. Hope they have something better on our equinox cruise.