Advice for first Royal Cruise

NauticalOne

Hello all, we have been on 4 cruises on the Grand Class ships and have now booked our first Royal cruise in January of 2015 (Southern Caribbean). In the past we have stayed in mini-suites, but due to the cost of the longer cruise (10 days) that will not be feasible on this cruise. I have initially booked a balcony cabin (614) on the Caribe deck. It is only the wife and I on this cruise, any advice on cabin selection? Everyone here has been so helpful in the past, so I thought I should ask because of the new ship. Thanks-Glenn

Hello all, we have been on 4 cruises on the Grand Class ships and have now booked our first Royal cruise in January of 2015 (Southern Caribbean). In the past we have stayed in mini-suites, but due to the cost of the longer cruise (10 days) that will not be feasible on this cruise. I have initially booked a balcony cabin (614) on the Caribe deck. It is only the wife and I on this cruise, any advice on cabin selection? Everyone here has been so helpful in the past, so I thought I should ask because of the new ship. Thanks-Glenn

Hi - C614 is a deluxe balcony. It is in a good location - relatively close to the self serve laundromat and a short walk to the aft stairs. She's a beautful ship - enjoy!

We would highly recommend avoiding midship due to the [lack of] stairs issue. Other than that, you'll have a great time!

Agree 100%. We were located by the forward elevators/.staircase and frankly never noticed the lack of center stair case or any crowding on elevators.

I enjoyed our Deluxe balcony cabin's couch very much & used it often during our westbound transatlantic cruise when it was too hot for us on the balcony. We had D508 and enjoyed a very smooth cruise & many times it didn't even seem like we are even at sea. :) For us not having access to the midship stairs wasn't a major issue because with my wife's tendency to feel the motion of the ocean the midship location was more important for her.

Edited by Astro Flyer