What's entertaining on the Constellation?

jasbo49

We're looking forward to our 5-day cruise Jan. 20 out of Fort Lauderdale, but wondering what to expect of the entertainment since we've never sailed on Celebrity.

Specific questions include:

Is there live music for sailaway?

Is there a stable group of musicians and comedians or to they rotate in and out?

Assuming there's some stability, what music, comedy acts, etc. are worth tracking down?

Is there a decent show in the big theater every night?

Any other comments welcomed, too. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Although we have yet to sail on the Connie, we HAVE done the Reflection, so I'll make ya a deal.....I'll do my best to answer your questions if you promise to save the "Celebrity Today" dailys and post them when you return!!

We're looking forward to our 5-day cruise Jan. 20 out of Fort Lauderdale, but wondering what to expect of the entertainment since we've never sailed on Celebrity.

Specific questions include:

Is there live music for sailaway?

All the cruises I've been on have had some type of live music for sail away. The biggest music will be by the pool, but there was a guy playing a guitar and singing at the Sunset Bar.

Is there a stable group of musicians and comedians or to they rotate in and out?

There 'used' to be an Accapella group that was VERY good, but I've read recently that they have been cut. Others say there is some type of musicians that are still there. There is a piano player that plays and some roving single acts, but I fear the live acts are being fazed out.

On the Reflection we had a DJ for dancing.

Assuming there's some stability, what music, comedy acts, etc. are worth tracking down?

There is a late night comedy show - more of a burlesque that was good. It repeated so once you saw it, there was no need to go back.

Some don't go to the evening shows, but we've always enjoyed them. We're not so much into the singing/dancing, but the magic, comedy, Cirque nights are quite good!

Any other comments welcomed, too. Thanks in advance.

Jim

updating.....found this on another thread

Entertainment was above average. We enjoyed Uncommon Ground, the onboard a capella group, several different times (they floated and opened for other shows). Chad Chesmark's comedy magic show was excellent though shorter than we'd have liked. We missed the stand-up comedian, but heard he was a smash hit. And the stage shows were good (intro on the first night) and maybe not so good (we were divided over I, Broadway, a mishmash of 30 second slices of every Broadway/movie song from the 80's and 90's. YMMV - some enjoyed it.) The talent level was high, but the venue is tough - acoustics in that hall are awful - and sounds levels were muddy and variable.

Edited by CaroleSS

Oh, one thing that I will suggest is that you go to the Martini Bar and ask for a Flight!

Two bartenders set up martini glasses of differing heights. One makes several martinis (still in the shaker) and (standing on the bar) pours them slowly into each glass! They make a big production of it and you end up with 5 - 6 martinis of differing flavors. I think the price is somewhere around $15 - but isn't included in any of the beverage packages.

You might look on youtube for examples, but it sure is fun!!

We were on the Constellation in December and there were 2 dance bands, 2 guitarists, a pianist and a string trio. I don't go to the pool so can't comment on the entertainment there. Also, I don't think we went to any of the shows.

We were on the Constellation in December and there were 2 dance bands, 2 guitarists, a pianist and a string trio. I don't go to the pool so can't comment on the entertainment there. Also, I don't think we went to any of the shows.

You didn't happen to keep any of the Dailys did you?? Or do you remember if there was any type of theme night or special 'shows'?

On the Reflection there was a cooking 'contest', the Marriage Show, an 80s night, a Dancing with the Stripes (and some other stuff I can't remember) Does the Connie have any of those?

You didn't happen to keep any of the Dailys did you?? Or do you remember if there was any type of theme night or special 'shows'?

On the Reflection there was a cooking 'contest', the Marriage Show, an 80s night, a Dancing with the Stripes (and some other stuff I can't remember) Does the Connie have any of those?

I do not have the dailies. We were on the cruise that spent 48 hrs in Key West so the schedule was off a bit. I'm pretty sure there was the marriage show, a 70s or 80s party and a volleyball game with the officers. I did this b2b with the Oasis so the two have morphed into one.

We did see one show, a comedian who was really awful. His routine catered to an older crowd.

Just off the Constellation Christmas cruise - some additional info:

I attended every show and they included 3 full scale singing/dancing Broadway style productions (two were great but the third, a "land of make believe" themed one was utterly weird), a comedian who was very funny and a good balance of appealing to older/younger audience, American Idol finalists singing (awful), and a Christmas themed show of predominantly singing (excellent).

There was no late night burlesque show or comedy magic show - these may just be on longer cruises or S-class ships right now. There was adult-only karaoke and comedy in Michael's club nightly but we didn't go.

I must note that the main theater singers currently on the Constellation (three women and three men, an increase from the two of each I've always seen before) were the best I've heard in all our cruises. Huge improvement from the screechy stuff we got last year on the Solstice. The dancers were strong as always and the acrobats phenomenal.

The string trio was three lovely young women who were excellent and we sought them out whenever they played.

The two solo guitarist/singers were stationed around the ship at various points but never on the big stage. One was good and the other mediocre - I apologize I don't remember their names!

The party band and party trio were fine but standard - I enjoyed hearing them but wouldn't go looking for them.

No more a cappella group!! Loved these in the past and cannot understand why Celebrity has done away with them.

Edited by Philomath