Carnival Pride

mpdahmer

Just booked 3 cabins on the Pride out of Baltimore. This will be our first sailing out of Baltimore and on this ship.

Any infor would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Carnival Pride will always hold a special place in my heart because she was my first ship and got me addicted to cruising! I have a review in my signature, however, some of the photos might not be showing up anymore. Feel free to let me know if you want to see something specific and I can post the photo in this thread.

Loved the Pride and Baltimore. Also holds a special place for me as I was on her for my 50th B-Day in March.

The Lido food area has a great set-up. It is one of the many reasons why I love the Pride so much.

We hope to book her in Sept 2014 before she leaves :D.

Have a great cruise.

Carnival Pride will always hold a special place in my heart because she was my first ship and got me addicted to cruising! I have a review in my signature, however, some of the photos might not be showing up anymore. Feel free to let me know if you want to see something specific and I can post the photo in this thread.

I am so sad that most of your pictures aren't showing up! I enjoyed your review, though!

Have to give a shout out to the Pride. I went on a New Years cruise and the weather might not have been that great but the staff and crew were wonderful. I had a great time and the ship still looks great, the rooms were wonderful and the food very good. You should have fun! Enjoy:)

I loved the pride and was married on her September 2012. The ship is a smaller ship, so it's easier to navigate.

I really liked the chapel, the library and the game room. Since it was our honeymoon and my husbands first cruise, we spent a lot of time watching for sea life from our balcony and sun rises/sun sets. But with the 2 sea days before our first port, we also spent a lot of time exploring the ship. This disco was pretty fun as was the comedy club.

The food was great. Please try the steakhouse at least one night and the NY Deli. The pastrami sammie was absolutely delish.

We cruised the Pride on 10/6/13 and we had a great time. We love Carnival Spirit class of ships. We were in 4169,which is a std Carnival balcony stateroom. You will have a great time. If your cruise includes HMC and you are not a the Plat level I would recommend purchasing FTTF, for priority tendering. Staff was great and had a lot of laughs at the comedy shows. The food was also great, but you may have the new style of dinning by then. Traveling on her again on 1/26/14. Just like to relax. Have fun.

It will be sad to see the Pride (and Carnival) leave Baltimore after October.

Edited by JMAE

So happy to have this feed on things Pride. We are traveling on the last trip out of Baltimore this year and, really can't wait! Can anybody tell me what the weather is like in Florida, Nassau and Freeport mid October?

Thanks

You will love the Pride. She was our very first cruise and got us hooked. You can go from the front to the back of the ship on all decks, which makes it so easy to navigate. We never felt crowded, and the crew works really hard to keep her looking good. Someone was always out cleaning/painting/doing maintenance to keep her in tip top shape. Our cabin steward was amazing, he greeted us by name anytime we saw him and did a great job keeping the room clean and getting us anything we needed. The MDR staff were great, our food was always hot and after the first 2 days they anticipated what we would drink/ask for. I loved the Serenity area, there was always a chair availiable and it was so peaceful.

Have a great cruise on her, she is a really good ship! When she arrives in her new home I may just book another cruise on her to some new ports!

You will be very pleased! We were on the Pride 11/17/13-11/24/13 and loved everything about it! What type of staterooms did you book? Boarding was so easy, the layout of the ship made it convenient to get around. Loved the Piano Bar...I know Roger was leaving 2 weeks after our cruise but if he goes back to the Pride he is a must see! If you have any questions ask away!

Been on the Pride three times and will sail on her a fourth time in August. I love cruising out of Baltimore (drive down from NY - much easier than flying with 4 kids!!!) and am sad to see her go. I love the small-ish layout of the ship, so easy to get around, yet still plenty of space to enjoy! Make sure you're on deck during sailaway when you pass under the bridge... clearance is pretty tight and it really looks like you're not going to make it under... and then everyone claps when you do pass safely, lol.

Been on the Pride three times and will sail on her a fourth time in August. I love cruising out of Baltimore (drive down from NY - much easier than flying with 4 kids!!!) and am sad to see her go. I love the small-ish layout of the ship, so easy to get around, yet still plenty of space to enjoy! Make sure you're on deck during sailaway when you pass under the bridge... clearance is pretty tight and it really looks like you're not going to make it under... and then everyone claps when you do pass safely, lol.

Thanks for the tip...my boys will definitely want to be up high for this!

Any other tips, especially for sailing in March? We have the same question as above about Freeport - I'm sure my boys would be perfectly happy just finding a beach somewhere to play in the water or snorkel.

Almoma, we did a Jeep Tour in Freeport when we were there on the Pride and we LOVED it. We got to drive our own Jeep with the group and we went all over the place...to the beach where we got to swim, to the shopping area, stopped for lunch at this neat area with some shops and cool trees/plants. It took up the whole day and it was thru Carnival, so we feel like we got our money's worth!

Christina, we sailed in March and I brought a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt and a jacket. The first full day was chilly, and so was the last, but other than that it was great! I did use the jacket throughout the cruise at night as it could be windy.