Cruise Cost - July 2013

new_to_cruising

As we have never sailed Alaska before, I am really not sure what is a good price. We are a family of 3 - 2 adults and 1- 11 year old. Have priced out NCL and HAL (both round trip Seattle/Vancouver) - Oceanview Cabin - 7 nights. Prices are between $3100-$3300. Is that good? With airfare from Toronto, this would make the cruise and air well over $5000!

As we have never sailed Alaska before, I am really not sure what is a good price. We are a family of 3 - 2 adults and 1- 11 year old. Have priced out NCL and HAL (both round trip Seattle/Vancouver) - Oceanview Cabin - 7 nights. Prices are between $3100-$3300. Is that good? With airfare from Toronto, this would make the cruise and air well over $5000!

That is what I would expect to pay at this time.

You can expand and look at all the round trip Seattle sailings, and compare. But your rate sounds ballpark for that type of cabin. Be certain to budget fully for Alaska touring, in my opinion, you get only half a trip without it.

We're booked on RCCL for D1 balconey for 1742.00 pp R/T from Seattle. BUT we did this over a year ago and last I looked, same trip is now @ $2100pp. So prices you're seeing are about right. Like other poster said, shop around websites and see what's out there.

We're going RT from Seattle in May, which makes it cheaper both from departure point and early season. My first choice was a one-way with an extended cruise tour, but we just can't make that work this year with our time off from work. So RT Seattle was the best we could do, and I'm willing to do that rather than skip it altogether. For 2 of us in a mini-suite cabin, with airfare and shore touring, I've budgeted $7,000. Granted we're paying a lot more for the mini-suite to get the covered balcony, and we could do it much cheaper with an inside, but the cabin is important to us. Having said all that, this is costing us a lot more than we usually spend on vacation! We have an RV and regularly go to Colorado for 1 to 2 weeks at a time, and I figured we could do 4+ trips there for the cost of the Alaska cruise. But it's on the bucket list, I'm not getting any younger, and Alaska's not getting any cheaper. So we decided just to go for it.