Ideas for "must see's" on private tour

diskids2

We will be booking a private tour and have the opportunity to ask for certain "must see" stops, etc. This will be our first visit to Bermuda and we are traveling via the Breakaway in August. We are doing the tour with 9 people, youngest is 19, have varied interestes, and are up for anything. We have contracted with Winsome (thanks to some wonderful recommendations on CC!) and we are doing the tour on or very first day in Bermuda (Wednesday).

We are doing the 6.5 hour tour with a stop for lunch. We can extend the tour if we want. Of course, Winsome has plenty of recommendations, but I wanted to hear from everyone here as well!

I honestly would go with what is recommended by the tour company, but I have a 'to do' list below which I would think would be included on their tour:

I've excluded anything at the Dockyard because you can do that on departure day.

SBtS

SBtS has listed many of the major attractions in Bermuda, but as part of your tour you probably don't want to do more than a "drive-by" with just a brief stop for many of them, not a full tour of the attraction, because you'd be spending too much of your time if you did a full visit. For example, it takes a fair amount of time (and money for admission fees) to actually enter and see the BUEI, BAMZ and the caves. Since you're touring on the first day of your visit you can return on your own to those places you'd really like to see in depth.

Thank you both! Our plan was to do the tour the first day. Visit beaches (so that walking tour with the five beaches looks great!) the second day and then do something near the dockyard on the last day.

Thank you again!

http://bermudasun.bm/Content/BUSINESS/Business/Article/Ashley-s-showing-a-Bermuda-you-may-not-know/72/205/73707

Was in one of the paper's yesterday. To be honest I was only vaguely familiar with it as a local. If you have a second day you want to tour, the places it goes are the road less travelled for tourists here (and they do up to 10 people)

• 3 months later...

walk the beach path that connects these 5 beaches; Horseshoe Bay Beach, Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove , and Warwick Long Bay, and sample each beach ;

If i do the above, how long of a walk between Horseshoe & Warwick? Is it an easy marked path? Which beaches of these 5 have facilities? Which has a shuttle back to bus route road? Are all close to a bus stop? Is one easier than another to walk down to from bus stop?

Thank you!

walk the beach path that connects these 5 beaches; Horseshoe Bay Beach, Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove , and Warwick Long Bay, and sample each beach ;

If i do the above, how long of a walk between Horseshoe & Warwick? Is it an easy marked path? Which beaches of these 5 have facilities? Which has a shuttle back to bus route road? Are all close to a bus stop? Is one easier than another to walk down to from bus stop?

Thank you!

The distance by the paths from the northeast end of Horseshoe Bay to the southwest end of Warwick Bay is about .6 miles.

I've posted a sateillite photo of the paths in a reply to your question in the other thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42609416&postcount=36

only HSB has full facilities and a shuttle to the bus route.

SBtS