Bring on wine policy

james'mommy

Can someone tell me how lenient NCL is about bringing wine onboard - specifically in Europe? Do you still have to pay the corkage fee when reboarding?

Cruised Carnival twice and had no problems bringing wine on in the european/transatlantic ports - but I know that this is certainly not allowed in the Caribbean where they make you 'check' the bottles after security and you get them back prior to disembarking!

Edited by Froufie

They are always checking. It is much easier for them to spot it when you stop in a port as there are way less bags for them to deal with.

That's too bad ;)..so I guess you really have to want that wine? How does it work when they find a bottle when coming from a port? Do you 'declare' it? Do you just put your bags thru scanner? how do pay? S&S card?

a little off topic but i have been wanting to bring a bottle of "wine" on the ship with me. however i am affraid of the repercussions when the pop the cork and smell whiskey.

i guess i shouldn't be so cheap.

Edited by pdx-oregon

a little off topic but i have been wanting to bring a bottle of "wine" on the ship with me. however i am affraid of the repercussions when the pop the cork and smell whiskey.

Why would they pop the cork? Just open it in your cabin???

75ml bottles only and you have to pay corkage for each one

I am sure someone will pop on with a link to a previous thread that will help you

Actually you can bring larger bottles~ and I have a friend who works in the NCL call center and she states that the 1000ml size is a $20 corkage fee

A corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Edited by Alliezona09

Top Tip - don't put the whiskey in a red wine bottle - it's a dead giveaway...:rolleyes:

That's too bad ;)..so I guess you really have to want that wine? How does it work when they find a bottle when coming from a port? Do you 'declare' it? Do you just put your bags thru scanner? how do pay? S&S card?

Yes, all bags are scanned in a x-ray machine and passengers need to walk through a metal detector. Bottles are checked (if they are something else than wine, they are confiscated and you'll get them back at the end of the cruise) and corkage fee is paid on a separate table near the scanner and it is charged to your onboard account (it's a manual slip that they'll write so you need to know your stateroom number).

Edited by Demonyte