Sleeping on deck ?

pRuben

Here's a thought - why don't you just book a balcony cabin and sleep on the balcony.

Sleeping in public spaces seems inappropriate at best.

Sleeping out under the stars-sounds great! Next week when I'm on the Magic, I'll be in my 1st balcony cabin...Could I move the sofa out to the balcony and sleep out there?!;):D

Sleeping out under the stars-sounds great! Next week when I'm on the Magic, I'll be in my 1st balcony cabin...Could I move the sofa out to the balcony and sleep out there?!;):D

Unlikely. But if you are altitudinally challenged you might be able to push the two chairs together and put the table in the middle and sleep on that :rolleyes:

Are the Serenity areas open at night?

I remember my first cruise where I envisioned laying up on deck watching the stars. Much to my chagrin. All the loungers were stacked, tied up, and stowed at night.

The Serenity area is open at night. Can't recall if they stack the loungers out there, but haven't seen it done. Maybe they do it after I've turned in.

Have heard of people dragging a mattress out on the balcony and sleeping outside

The Serenity area is open at night. Can't recall if they stack the loungers out there, but haven't seen it done. Maybe they do it after I've turned in.

Thought of seeing if we could stargaze outside but too many lights.

However on several ships close to midnight chairs were not stacked.

We (me & DH) have slept out on 3 ships. Carnival Magic on the inaugural in the Med on the Serenity deck, Carnival Breeze on the TA on the Serenity deck an then again on the Carnival Magic in the Caribbean a couple of years ago. We were going to do it on the Legend in the British Isles but there was two much rain so I slept on the balcony. I plan on doing it again in 2 weeks on the Magic. It's lots of fun. Very peaceful. And yes, I could do it on my balcony, but why not be different. Life is short.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I am thinking about bringing my twin size air mattress to put out on our mini-suite balcony..I love sleeping outside!! We will be sailing March 7-17 on the Island Princess. There are a couple of forward balconies on decks 10 & 11 that might be options as well. So excited to finally get to cruise!! 

Your cabin and balcony are for private sleeping. With regard to lounge chairs and hammocks on deck, the crew is taking care of public areas for the public.  They shouldn't have to tippy toe around to get their work done.   Anything that wakes you up or "disturbs" your bedroom activities is on you.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2014 at 10:21 AM, Mysticks1 said:

They do make small portable ones with stands that come in a small bag. I have thought they would be good on a large balcony and have seen photos on one of the boards on here where a member actually hung up a hammock on their balcony.

Guilty as charged, we strung up a hammock on our balcony in Alaska. DH loved to nap out there.