Ncl cruise rewards

trippin T

I am telling my friends n:mad:t to purchase one as they will NOT call you back or send the refund for one. I called (today was the FIFTH time) beginning in August 2013, it expires today of course! Getting it extended wasnt considered because of fighting an illness. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

I am telling my friends n:mad:t to purchase one as they will NOT call you back or send the refund for one. I called (today was the FIFTH time) beginning in August 2013, it expires today of course! Getting it extended wasnt considered because of fighting an illness. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Can you book a cruise using it today and then cancel in a few days or weeks? Will they give you credit for it OR transfer it to another booking?

That's all I can think of!

Not sure i 100% understand the issue, below is from the NCL site, hopefully it ail help

Norwegian's Freestyle Cruise Rewards Terms & Conditions for US and Canada

To redeem your Freestyle Cruise Rewards please call your Travel Professional or Norwegian at 1-866-234-7352. At time of booking, please notify us or your Travel Professional that your Freestyle Cruise Rewards deposit will be applied to the reservation. Cruise Rewards cannot be redeemed online.

1. When you charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit to your shipboard account, you will receive Cruise Reward credit in USD or CAD based on which office your current cruise was purchased (credit will go in your Norwegian guest record or Norwegian Latitudes account); and an instant $100 shipboard credit towards your current cruise.

2. Your Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit is charged in U.S. dollars. You must be 21 years of age or older to charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards to your shipboard account.

3. A maximum of four (4) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits may be purchased per person.

4. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Cruise Rewards Deposits are transferable at no charge.

5. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for sailings of 6 days or longer.

6. Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Specialty Suites, The Haven and Garden Villas (staterooms requiring enhanced deposit). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

7. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit.

8. You must notify Norwegian or your Travel Professional that a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be applied at the time of reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability.

9. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits cannot be combined with chartered cruises, employee, friends and family, interline and travel agent rates.

10. To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by Norwegian in accordance with Norwegian cancellation policies and procedures. The Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be re-issued minus any cancellation fees, but will retain its original expiration date. If you cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit after its expiration date, it will be forfeited. You are expected to have appropriate travel documentation. Cancellations due to lack of appropriate travel documentation (e.g., improper or expired visas or passports, etc.) will incur applicable cancellation fees.

11. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you must comply with the NCL the NCL (Bahamas) Ltd. d/b/a NCL and/or NCL America Inc.'s (together "NCL") Terms and Conditions of the Cruise Brochure and Passenger Ticket Contract.

I can't understand the problem either. FCRs are only refundable 30 days after the cruise, so if your FCR is expiring now, it has been non-refundable for over three years now.

This is the certificate that you purchase towards another cruise valid for 4 years. And one day I even called there "extend it" line and NA-NA

It really gets old when people get upset because of a bad decision on their part. It also gets old when it is not clear what the problem is.

I am guessing (as others are), that this person decided months after the purchase that he did not want it anymore and wanted a refund. Simple business says that if you can get a refund anytime you want, it would not make sense to sell it.

They do not owe a refund. The OP owes them a booked cruise.

Based on post history, it looks like the OP did sail on the Spirit that left 1/3/2010 so the 4 year expiration date is up this week. As already posted though, you only have 30 days from purchase to actually cancel and receive your $150 back.

OP.....NCL doesn't owe you anything.:rolleyes:

Edited by bbixler18

You had 4 years from the date you purchased it to either:

A) book and sail on a cruise

B) transfer it to someone else

C) sell it

Waiting until its close to expiring and expecting NCL to extend it or give you money back is ridiculous on your part. I understand circumstances do happen in people's lives but you had 3 options within 4 years to do something with the FCC.

If you let it expire you lose $150 or if you want to look at it this way, you lost $37.50 per year.

I called (today was the FIFTH time) beginning in August 2013, it expires today of course! Getting it extended wasnt considered because of fighting an illness. ANY SUGGESTIONS.
No, it's too late. There is nothing you can do about it now. Your FCR has now turned into a $150 donation to NCL (but don't expect them to thank you for it).

Five months ago, instead of wasting your time (and NCL's time) by calling them five times hoping for a different answer, you could have very easily given your FCR away or sold it — possibly even at a profit — to one of the tens of thousands of people who reserved a cruise with NCL between August 2013 and today.

This is the certificate that you purchase towards another cruise valid for 4 years.

Unfortunately OP, your 1st sentence kind of says it all: The FCR is valid for 4 years. I'm really sorry if you've been ill for that long but there were other options you could have pursued and, had you called NCL earlier they could have advised you this. Just sayin.....

We purchased an FCR on our last cruise...it's already being used for a cruise in 2015, and that's exactly what NCL wants.

thanks for the replies, they shouldnt offer a refund option if they do not offer it - it is #4 to punch. Like I said I started in August, customer support didnt bother to answer emails either, so live and learn. You all have a great cruisin life. RCL will always be number one when I talk to my friends about cruising from now on.

thanks for the replies, they shouldnt offer a refund option if they do not offer it - it is #4 to punch. Like I said I started in August, customer support didnt bother to answer emails either, so live and learn. You all have a great cruisin life. RCL will always be number one when I talk to my friends about cruising from now on.

Have you been drinking? What you say makes no sense. Why offer a refund option if they don't offer it. Number 4 to punch. What does any of that mean.

Do you seriously think you should get a refund 4 years later?

I'm guessing that NCL gave you the certificate that YOU wanted. I'm guessing that NCL also gave you $100 in OBC (that you used) on your cruise 4 years ago. I'm also guessing that NCL lived up to their obligations under the terms and conditions that the two of you agreed upon.

Your side of the agreement was to book and take another cruise within 4 years. Had you completed your part of the agreement, this thread would not exist.

So...which party in this transaction screwed the other by not living up to their part of the agreement?

Dang, I would have used it!!! I have used them every time I have bought them - and this last cruise I bought 2, one for us, and one for our daughter and grandson to use (and already booked the cruise with them!) They are great perk that we will always take advantage of!

As already stated in several messages, the refund option (I assume that "#4 to punch" was referring to menu item #4 on some automated phone system) is available only for the first 30 days after the purchase - also, while there are reports of some people being able to extend the validity of certificate, it's not an option in T&C. Four years is plenty of time to read the T&C or come here to ask if you didn't know what you were buying - you can't assume that all cruise lines have the same policies. If you had came here and ask within the last few months, people here would have been able to help you to recoup at least some of the money from it.

It's always sad to see people start spreading FUD just because they messed up themselves. :(

Royal wouldn't be issuing a credit either.......

They do not owe a refund. The OP owes them a booked cruise.
Your side of the agreement was to book and take another cruise within 4 years. Had you completed your part of the agreement, this thread would not exist. […]

So...which party in this transaction screwed the other by not living up to their part of the agreement?

Let's not go too far here. The OP has not "screwed" NCL. He/she gave them $150 for nothing. And now someone else (hopefully for NCL) is going to pay full price for the cruise that the OP could have booked with a $250 discount.

The FCR is like a gift card or a Groupon. The customer's obligations begin and end with the initial payment. The OP didn't "owe" NCL anything after that. If you choose to sit on this valuable certificate until it expires and becomes worthless, that is totally OK. It's also totally stupid, but it does not violate your side of the agreement.

OMG!! Change or bend the rules for me!! Make everyone else abide by them, but not me. I shouldn't have even had a date on my certificate.

Everyone else use yours in 4 yrs .You people have to abide by the rules. I don't have to. NCL has nothing better to do then return my 50 nasty calls complaining about the fact that they are not changing the rules for ME!!

Hello......Did you read the policy for the reward you purchased? They offer a refund option because you can get a refund within 30 days of purchase. However the policy clearly states you cannot receive a refund after 30 days.