Day Tour of Tahiti

ducklite

We are not booked with PG pre or post, but are interested in a day tour of Tahiti after we disembark the ship the final day. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are looking for something private or semi-private (max eight people including us).

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

We took a four hour, circl island tour with adventure eagle. The owner lived in Hawaii for many years, so his English is excellent. Just google "adventure eagle" and you will find the website and reviews.

No need for a day room, we are spending the night at the IC before taking our AF flight back to LA the next day. Does Tahiti Patrick pick up at the IC? We were planning in taking a cab there from the port and checking our bags with them before the tour.

Patrick is quite a nice guy. He will likely pick you up from the pier with your bags and you can keep them with you.... Check with him as to what he currently does.

Thanks Emdee!

Have you taken both the half and full day tours? What is the difference and which do you suggest? As of right now we have no plans that day. If we take the full day, would he drop us back near the port so we could have dinner at the Roulettes that evening and then take a cab to the hotel?

No need for a day room, we are spending the night at the IC before taking our AF flight back to LA the next day. Does Tahiti Patrick pick up at the IC? We were planning in taking a cab there from the port and checking our bags with them before the tour.

There is a tour desk at IC...are you staying there (even a day room) for the pre night? If so, there are 2 different tour companies that offer all kinds of tours with reps in the lobby (with varying hours) You could arrange the tour and the pick up at IC for the day you return. Im pretty sure I included the tour listing and prices from IC (fall 2012) in my review (linked in my signature)... I'll look to see what post it is.:D

ETA: It's on Post 18 of my PG review

Edited by Familygoboston

We rented a car for the day, AVIS rental place is right by the pier and we returned the car to the airport in the evening for our flight home. Driving around the island was easy and we stopped along the way at our own pace.

We would have liked to go up into the mountains, but decided to do that on our next visit with a guided tour - and someone else driving.

We don't really want to go with the car rental route as we want to go up into the mountains where you would need to have a 4x4 and understanding of the roads.

It looks like Patrick might be what we are looking for, I'm going to email him. Thanks all!