Carnival Destiny aft cabins

sjl513

We are taking the March 5 Destiny cruise and am going to reserve an aft cabin.

I'm just wondering which deck is the best - any advantages to higher or lower? Any level more private than another? Is the extra money for the wrap around, vrs a regular aft, worth it for two people? We can only sit in so many places at once :).

Our last cruise was on the Voyager of the Seas RCCL. That ship was beautiful! Will we be dissapointed with the Destiny? We are two couples w/o children in our fifty's. Ok for Carnival?

Thanks!

Susan

Hi Susan: We sailed the Voyager and been on Carnival since. Prices make me chose the cruiselines we sail with. and Royal is costing so much more.

I find both lines to be comparable in the service and food department.

We booked the Destiny for 9/10/06 and booked an aft on deck 6 in the middle. (Ilike being close to the water) had the same cabin on the Victory and it is above the lounge and we heard nothing at all. If being on top of the lounge will bother you go to deck 7. which is inbetween 2 decks of cabins and no public places.

People above you will not see into your balcony-- you can be seen if you stand at the rail. Just get in the habit or wiping the chairs down before you use them.

Aft balconies are warmer then the side ones--you will not get ocean breezes..for that reason--keep your curtains closed during the day to keep the sun out of your cabin..to keep it cool. Its a longer walk to the elevator but the hall ways back there are very quiet as people tend not to go on a ship where they dont have to.

I have sailed on the aft on most of my cruises. The VOyager aft being the biggest.

Depending on the price for the wrap around balcony-- all nice but usually priced very high compared to the one next to it. I can buy all my excursions for theprice difference. So cant justify the price for us. How much roomdoes two people need on a balcony--unless you use it to host parties.

Archived