Chances of having same stateroom attendant?

We are going back on Allure again this year and in the same cabin as last year. What are the chances we will have the same attendant, assuming he still works for RCI? Are attendants generally assigned to the same block of cabins all the time? We loved Dominic and he was so sweet to our daughter last year, we hope to see him again!

I would say that the odds of having the same stateroom attendant on two different cruises, even if it were the same ship and cabin, would be nearly impossible.

Then back in October 2012, we sailed on Monarch of the Seas and had Jenin as our stateroom attendant. Five months later, in March 2013, we sailed on Independence of the Seas and we were shocked to see that Jenin was our stateroom attendant again! It was his first week on his new contract, too.

So, now I think it's somewhat possible, but I still think it's probably unlikely. :)

Three of my earliest cruises ever were on Majesty of the Seas. I was in 3 completely different locations and categories of rooms. I was absolutely surprised to have the same stateroom attendant all three times. He was just as surprised. I remember his name to this day - Irvin Letron - although I've never seen him again. He told me at that time that he'd been on that ship for about 10 years. It's probably been about 8 years since I've seen him.

Edited by mommabean

We are going back on Allure again this year and in the same cabin as last year. What are the chances we will have the same attendant, assuming he still works for RCI? Are attendants generally assigned to the same block of cabins all the time? We loved Dominic and he was so sweet to our daughter last year, we hope to see him again!

It happened to us with the timeframe 9 months between cruises on the same ship. We were on a different floor and different cabin category too. Guess he completed his contract, went home and came back and they slotted him based on open cabin groups. He remembered us and had great service a second time! :)

Had Three instance within two years that we had the same suite attendant - three different suite attendants -6 different suites

Radiance we first met Anthony - not our suite attendant but next block of rooms down. We always stopped to say hi and ask about his day and we introduced ourselves with our nicknames, not what is on seapass.

Two months later on Brilliance -Anthony greeted us by nickname as we walked down the hall and he was our suite attendant.

Brilliance twice had Rosen as our suite attendant about 10 months apart.

Myara was the most recent suite attendant we had for the second time - first time was about 18 months ago on Enchantment and just last month on Oasis.

Definitely possible- particularly with the same cabin! Hope it works out.

We are going from JS deck 10 last Nov to a E1 Deck 6 later this month both on Radiance. I would love our attendant again! What an interesting topic. I know we will be asking to sit in the same area in the MDR for my time dining. We had Amir last time and we requested his zone another night on our previous cruise and only had to wait a few minutes to get placed there. He and his assistant (I knew I should have written names down!) were excellent. We said we would see them again in January. :D