Long Beach Parking/Hotel Options

choover2576

I have been a long time lurker and everyone here seems so helpful, so thank you in advance :)

I'm trying to weigh our parking/hotel options for Long Beach. We are taking a 6 night cruise and do plan on getting a hotel the night before the cruise sails.

I believe that parking is $17 a day? So parking will be about $119? Do we take a shuttle from the parking structure to the ship? How convenient is parking at the ship?

As far as the hotels that offer parking/shuttle service, how difficult is it to catch the shuttle on embarkation and debarkation day? We are traveling with 2 little ones and I'm sure we will all be antsy to get where we need to be.

I stayed at the Hotel Maya BEAUTIFUL and if you use the coupon code listed on these boards you will get a reduced rate of 99.99 . They have a shuttle and are right near port .not sure on the parking as we flew in . There is also a free Long Beach shuttle that will take you all over like the Aquarium or to walmart for pre cruise Items .You are walking distance to the Queen Mary and they have a nice heated pool and hot tub .If you search Hotel Maya coupon code on these boards you will find it ... Enter it under corporate and your rate will be lowered by 50% . I think its 0560018220 ...

I have been a long time lurker and everyone here seems so helpful, so thank you in advance :)

I'm trying to weigh our parking/hotel options for Long Beach. We are taking a 6 night cruise and do plan on getting a hotel the night before the cruise sails.

I believe that parking is $17 a day? So parking will be about $119? Do we take a shuttle from the parking structure to the ship? How convenient is parking at the ship?

As far as the hotels that offer parking/shuttle service, how difficult is it to catch the shuttle on embarkation and debarkation day? We are traveling with 2 little ones and I'm sure we will all be antsy to get where we need to be.

For a 6 day cruise, the parking is actually $102. As long as you are out before the same hour you entered, it is considered just 6 days.

The Maya, which is just under a mile away (walking distance - depending on how little the little ones are) has a shuttle. They have a Carnival rate that is $119 a night plus tax ($137). And when you stay with them, you get 7 days of free parking. Pretty easy when you think about it.

Bob

We have stayed a the Maya a couple of times and they offer complimentary parking with your hotel stay and free shuttle to and from the terminal which is about a mile or less.

Please see dramaqueen's post regarding the carnival rate code. So worth it!

If you decide to park in the cruise terminal parking structure, it is $ 17 per day and you don't need a shuttle, the check in is right there.

Another option is to stay at the Queen Mary. Need to check for any cruise 'n snooze options.

It is a 1 minute walk to the ship.

Know that the Queen Mary is an older, historic ship. The four of us stayed in a suite. The wood work is unbelievable.

Look on the West Coast Departure and the Mexican Riviera boards for more info for your cruise.

Also look for your roll call. You will find that many of them have done the variations of the itin many times.

Edited by SadieN

I stayed onboard the Queen Mary before a cruise on Paradise a few years ago. As a ship history buff, it was like a trip to Mecca. You just have to go into knowing that you're staying onboard an 80 year old ocean liner. It's not a modern luxurious hotel, but it is an interesting piece of history.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We are driving up from SD for a 7 day in March and thought since it's a wash why not trade $119 parking for a nice night at the Maya?

P41- CARNIVAL CRUISE RATE Jan-Mar 2013:$120 April-Sep 2013:$129 Oct-Dec 2013:$119 INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF PARKING DURING CRUISE AND FREE SHUTTLE TO LONG BEACH PIER ONLY

The code works for $119/nt MUCH cheaper than AAA or my hilton honors discount :) Thanks for tip!

Edited by lane87
Correction...parking is free

We are driving up from SD for a 7 day in March and thought since it's a wash why not trade $119 parking for a nice night at the Maya?

P41- CARNIVAL CRUISE RATE Jan-Mar 2013:$120 April-Sep 2013:$129 Oct-Dec 2013:$119 INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF PARKING DURING CRUISE AND FREE SHUTTLE TO LONG BEACH PIER ONLY

The code works for $119/nt MUCH cheaper than AAA or my hilton honors discount :) Thanks for tip!

I noticed your edit, "parking is free". Did you call to confirm the $21 because i was wondering the same?

Edited by kalikid

I noticed your edit, "parking is free". Did you call to confirm the $21 because i was wondering the same?

Yes, I initially saw on my confirmation email that "optional items included $21 parking"...per night! I gulped and called real quick. I was told by Meagan at the hotel "Any Carnival cruise rate includes shuttle and 7 days parking". Not sure why it doesn't provide this in writing after making a reservation but it does show up while making a reservation so I printed the screen shot just be sure. Hope this helps.

I saw everyones post and I am trying to find out what the Carnival code is. I just callled Maya reservations and they said they do not have a carnival rate. Thank you

When you book online put the number into the Corporate Code box.

About 10 threads down is the Hotel Maya Code thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1967301

We avoid parking altogether and take the train to Long Beach for evey cruise longer than 3 days.:)

Edited by SadieN

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has used the corporate code for Hotel Maya recently and if so, what were you charged for parking there? I see the code still works ($119 rate for March) but says $21.00 to self park. I called the hotel and they said that they do charge $21 per day to park there and it is only free if you book at one of their Park and Cruise rates but not when you book with the Corporate Rate. Just wondering about anyone's experience with this. The hotel looks beautiful and so close to everything.

Just wondering if anyone has used the corporate code for Hotel Maya recently and if so, what were you charged for parking there? I see the code still works ($119 rate for March) but says $21.00 to self park. I called the hotel and they said that they do charge $21 per day to park there and it is only free if you book at one of their Park and Cruise rates but not when you book with the Corporate Rate. Just wondering about anyone's experience with this. The hotel looks beautiful and so close to everything.

Just got back from staying at the hotel maya. We paid 119.00 plus tax .Free parking and free shuttle to and from the pier.Great hotel you won't go wrong staying there.

Just got back from staying at the hotel maya. We paid 119.00 plus tax .Free parking and free shuttle to and from the pier.Great hotel you won't go wrong staying there.

Please let us know how you got this rate! I've looked at "codes" and "specials" and "whatever" until my head is about to explode, and I only get a rate of $246.00 per night. I'm NOT paying that!

Anyone who can help, thanks!

Edited by Plant

Post #4 has a link to another thread. That thread has the Corporate Code.

It is capacity controlled and also date controlled. If it's not available for your date either it is full, a black out date (Long Beach Grand Prix) or hasn't opened up yet.

Stayed at the Maya Jan. 19. Nice hotel, wonderful staff. Embarkation shuttle--just tell them the time you need it. Debarkation shuttle--call them when you are out of the terminal, they'll come within 15 minutes. We were the only people on the shuttle both times. Very convenient!

I was concern about the 'optional self-parking fee $21' on the confirmation. They said it was a generic confirmation and they couldn't do anything about it. Don't worry, it's free for the days that you are on the cruise. You just find a parking spot in their parking lot and leave your car there for a relaxing cruise.

The Corporate Code I found is 0560018220. Click on "add special rate codes" and then enter number under "corporate account".

Thanks for the confirmation that it's still working. Was a little confused after talking to hotel directly. Yay! So excited now!

It does work, but not for the night of August 29, when we need it :(. I guess I'll keep looking. Does anyone know about the Comfort Inn, 200 E. Willow Street , Long Beach, CA, US, 90806 ? The rates look reasonable ($126.00).

Thanks,

Be extremely careful about hotels in Long Beach. Some of the areas are kindof dicey during the day and downright dangerous at night.

Bruin Steve has a short list of hotels in the Long Beach area that would be good to consider. He posts on here on the West Coast departure board.

Found this thread for you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1899216

Also the rate just might be available for August yet.

Just noticed it's the Shoreline Jam that weekend.

Also consider the Queen Mary but I don't think it includes parking $17/day

Edited by SadieN

It does work, but not for the night of August 29, when we need it :(. I guess I'll keep looking. Does anyone know about the Comfort Inn, 200 E. Willow Street , Long Beach, CA, US, 90806 ? The rates look reasonable ($126.00).

Thanks,

Went above and beyond for you. Give me a big pat on the back:D

Since search is down I went the google route and found this

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1852150