Help With Legend Excursions

Shamrock359

We used Godfrey in St Thomas. $20.00 per person will get you a 2 hour shopping tour, 2 hour city tour and then on to whatever beach you want for 2 hours. Well worth the money!!!

In Tortola we did the Virgin Gorda baths through the ship. It would be great if you could book this outside the ship since the baths only cost $3.00 and Carnivals tour is$49 or $59. I can't remember which.

Carnival's price for the Virgin Gorda Tour that will take you to the Baths is actually $79.00. We booked it through the ship just to play it safe because we leave Tortola that day at 2PM and don't want to get held up anywhere. Will let you know how it was after we get back on 8/1.

OK So Carnival makes $76.00 off of you which is pretty bad!!! But I really don't know how else you would get there. It is gorgeous though and well worth the trip. Especially if you take the time and crawl through the rocks to the other areas. Just be prepared to do some walking as it's a long walk down which means after you've been there all afternoon it's an even longer walk back up the trail!!!! And it was pretty warm when we were there which made it worse!!!

Carnival makes about $50.00 per person over the price of do-it-yourself. And it can be done, we did it.

Our ship docked about a 1/4 mile from Speedy's ferry, the schedule is available on line, and we walked over, and booked it on the spot. This was two years ago, and it cost $24.00 round trip. They take you by taxi, Speedy's Taxi, of course, although there are others available to the Baths, where you walk the trail by yourself. The driver tells you exactly what time you have to be back in order to get the ferry back to Tortola in PLENTY of time for your ship's departure. We had enough time to walk around the tent market that was set up near our dock when we returned, and got on the ship earlier than just before departure.

The differences? When you book through the ship, the ferry departs and returns right to the dock of the ship. And you are guaranteed the ship will await your return. When we returned from Virgin Gorda, the ship's excursion had a ferry all to themselves, but note, they were leaving at virtually the same time as we were told to be ready to go back.

When you book on your own you are responsible to be back, or the ship will sail without you. And as its the last port, that means a flight back to the US, not another local island. you also don't get the "rum drink" at the top of the trail before getting on the taxi (it's dispensed from a cooler). You also do not get to walk through any part of Tortola, which is a throw back to older Caribbean times. And you save about $50.00 per person, which for a family of 2, 3, 4 or more can be significant.

Enjoy, Virgin Gorda is beautiful.

Larry

Just returned from Legend 7/8 cruise, I used Godfrey, definetly use them, they made our time in St. Thomas great, we had a group of 9 so we booked a private tour, the cost was $30.00 per person, well worth the money.

Wow alot of this depends on what you'd like to do.

I love the beach and snorkeling so I base my excursions on that.

Im heading over to Escambron beach when I get off the ship in PR. $6.00 Taxi ride. Then later on, Ill go over to the visitors center to listen to the salsa band and MAYBE pop into senor frogs.

St Thomas: Im heading over to Secret Harbor for excellent snorkeling. $7 apeice taxi. (3 of us).

Last year I chartered The Winifred day sail to St John. Nice! This year Im on the cheap,, lol

Tortola: THE BATHS! Spectacular snorkeling! I am compelled to take Carnivals excursion. The time limit in port is just way to short for my comfort level to do it on my own. Even though Im considering it right up to the end. The last ferry is at 12:30 in order to get back in time. I did go with Carnivals excursion last year. Id rather be safe than sorry. I only wish you could spend more time there...its way to short for me.

Hope this helps.. Im back there in just a few days. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 11 months later...

I just returned from a cruise on the Crown Princess. We had a wonderful time on a day sail on the Winifred from St. Thomas. The owner and captain, Sharon Allen, is a fantastic hostess. The first mate, Billy, has a story for everyone, is an excellent guide for snorkeling and also washes the dishes. You can email Sharon at winifred@sailwinifred.com.

Cynthia

We were on the Legend in June and did the Baths in Tortolla on our on and had no problem at all. It was well worth trip and we saved $100 but as stated above the ship will not wait for you if there is a problem. Then again life is an adventure.

In St. Thomas

We took the Red Hook ferry over to St. John, and spent some time at Trunk Bay. It has been named one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. The water here is that beautiful Caribbean blue, is calm, and you can walk very far out & only be about chest deep. There is a underwater snorkel trail here, you can rent floating mats. Food & beverages are available. Even the ferry ride over is very scenic. (Try to sit on the upper deck for the best view)

Hope it helps........

Archived