Flu

comp_hop1

I take Lysol wipes and rubber gloves on every cruise. Everyone works together and we wipe down every surfaces we will be touching in every cabin we have booked, counters, handles, phone, remote, doors, light switches, mini-fridge, balcony, chairs and rails. It only takes a few minutes. But none of us have gotten sick on any of my 13 cruises.

Edited by flounder315

I take Lysol wipes and rubber gloves on every cruise. Everyone works together and we wipe down every surfaces we will be touching in every cabin we have booked, counters, handles, phone, remote, doors, light switches, mini-fridge, balcony, chairs and rails. It only takes a few minutes. But none of us have gotten sick on any of my 13 cruises.

I say a prayer and offer gifts to the Greek Gods before I cruise. 18 cruises and have never gotten sick. Perhaps, you could throw out the Lysol and go with the Greek God thingie.

You forgot elevator buttons, stair rails, check in desk, baggage handles, cash, safe, DR table, chairs, slot machines,

These things might help, but germs are still everywhere. You've been lucky or have good immunity.

Which is why I think this new family style dining room service is a disaster in the making.

But...people don't have issue with the utensils in the buffet line? From what I understand with the "family" style dining, you may ask for a dish to share amongst your own family so you don't have to share with others. There are only a few items anyways. I believe it's the calamari, flatbread, Cesar salad, and pie ala mode.

Edited by Rena921

Yes, I completely agree with you, okgirl.

This makes absolutely NO sense to me. People are worried about the "family style dining" because of germs? How about every single spoon on the buffet? Or the handles on the ice cream machines? HOw about the backs of any chair you sit in, or the seat of a chair when you pull it up under you and the stair rails and the elevator buttons and your S&S card when you hand it to someone....I don't have a strong immune system but I think family style at table is far less germs than most other things.

The flu can hit anyone at anytime and not just on a ship. Our epidemic in Florida has people from all directions getting it. We can't blame it on family style dining on a cruise ship. More hands get onto those utinsels before they even reach you, they are not sterile.

Our local news just reported 12 deaths at Shands hospital, and 10 of those people came there from other areas.

I think too much emphasis is being placed on the flu being caught/spread on a cruise ship. And if a certain number is reached, Carnival reports it by law, then the news reports it.

This makes absolutely NO sense to me. People are worried about the "family style dining" because of germs? How about every single spoon on the buffet? Or the handles on the ice cream machines? HOw about the backs of any chair you sit in, or the seat of a chair when you pull it up under you and the stair rails and the elevator buttons and your S&S card when you hand it to someone....I don't have a strong immune system but I think family style at table is far less germs than most other things.

Well said:)

The flu can hit anyone at anytime and not just on a ship. Our epidemic in Florida has people from all directions getting it. We can't blame it on family style dining on a cruise ship. More hands get onto those utinsels before they even reach you, they are not sterile.

Our local news just reported 12 deaths at Shands hospital, and 10 of those people came there from other areas.

I think too much emphasis is being placed on the flu being caught/spread on a cruise ship. And if a certain number is reached, Carnival reports it by law, then the news reports it.

General agree with your post but a cruise ship is a closed system and owuld think more likely for stuff to spread on a ship.

However if you want to worry sharing serving spoons at dinner is rather minor part of the story.