Victory -- Second Thoughts

FTLCruiseGal

I left a comment on your other post but will comment again here. I am not sure where you are seeing bad reviews... I havent seen any negative stuff on the Victory. I went on her a couple years back and will be going again in 25 days. I have read a lot of reviews since re booking to see if things had changed and all feedback seems positive.

I have also done your itinerary on a different ship and enjoyed it very much. If you have any specific questions I would happy to answer them but as to you being happy on this ship I do not know. It is not a newer ship with the upgrades but think it is a great choice, especially for a short itinerary.

The Victory is one of our favorite ships- the staff was great-we had a balcony on the Empress Deck-great time You won't be sorry!

Also had some friends that just got back from a cruise on it-it was their 3rd-they loved it

Edited by jasminelee

Was on Victory December 9-14, 2013 and was worried about the reviews of this being an older ship but I was impressed with the ship and the crew was very friendly. They were always cleaning and I would sail on Victory again with no hesitation.

The Victory was my First... ;) (August 29, 2013) and I must say I loved her.. Yes there is really nothing that I can compare her to since she was my first.. But other then it showing some wear.. The crew and service was Excellent! & Let's just say she got me addicted to cruising. I will being going now on a Disney cruise in Feb and then looking at cruising with carnival again in May. Just go and have fun and trust me you will come back with a great review..

We were on the Victory last July. It was our first cruise... And now we have one booked for February (Magic) and one for June(Freedom). The Victory was great! The staff was fantastic and so friendly. We would definitely not hesitate to cruise with them again!

We were on the Victory last July. It was our first cruise... And now we have one booked for February (Magic) and one for June(Freedom). The Victory was great! The staff was fantastic and so friendly. We would definitely not hesitate to cruise with them again!

Funny first cruise for me was the Victory in Aug. And now going on the Magic as well in Feb.

I can't wait for my Victory cruise in 2-ish months.

The ship will have less features compared to all the ships in my past, but that's perfect because I intend on being lazy this time around. Only thing this ship could have is a nice coat of new paint on the funnel.

The Victory was my First... ;) (August 29, 2013) and I must say I loved her.. Yes there is really nothing that I can compare her to since she was my first.. But other then it showing some wear.. The crew and service was Excellent! & Let's just say she got me addicted to cruising. I will being going now on a Disney cruise in Feb and then looking at cruising with carnival again in May. Just go and have fun and trust me you will come back with a great review..

My first too, that ship is getting around :eek:

You'll have a great time, like others have said the crew is fantastic. In October 2011 Carl and Donkey were the cruise directors and made it a lot of fun!

Was on Victory December 9-14, 2013 and was worried about the reviews of this being an older ship but I was impressed with the ship and the crew was very friendly. They were always cleaning and I would sail on Victory again with no hesitation.

Was on this same sailing. Crew is amazing, ship is awesome. I still love the green ceiling in the lobby. Had a blast and met some great new friends. Go and enjoy yourself like I did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

My first too, that ship is getting around :eek:

You'll have a great time, like others have said the crew is fantastic. In October 2011 Carl and Donkey were the cruise directors and made it a lot of fun!

Lol... I no it sounded that way.. That slut..

I was on the Victory in July and loved it. This ship, though older, is gorgeous. Yes, it has a little wear and tear, but only if you're looking for it. The cruise will be what you make of it, and The Victory will just help it be that much more awesome :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Victory was the first ship we cruised on in 2002. We have been on several other cruises since then, about one a year. We did the same cruise on the Victory in August 2013 for our anniversary/summer vacation, after we had sailed on the Breeze in February and have no regrets that we picked this ship. Yes, it is an older ship and does not have the new venues but I would not hesitate to sail on it again. Enjoy your cruise.

I have sailed the Victory 3 x, most recently 12-5-13. It is not my favorite cruise or the most exciting ship I have been on but overall you will get a decent cruise experience. We had no big issues besides the rude next to us cabin mates that came in 3:30/4:30 AM and woke us up eqch night with their in cabin solicalizing. Comedians were GREAT, the productions shows abover average, ok music overall. We had a strange headwaiter in the dining room, made for interesting conversation. food good

All the elements for a good to great cruise are there, you bring the attitude to make it be what it will be

bon Voyage to you

Victory is a great ship - don't read too much into any single review. If you see a recurring theme, but it's something like "the food is awful" or "the buffet is crowded" remember that those things are somewhat subjective.

We had a great time on Victory and I would sail her again anytime - especially with the itinieraries she's running out of Miami - would love to do a B2B2B for 14 days and hit all 3 varied itineraries ...

Remember that your vacation is what you make it. The one thing I wish Victory had that is missing is a steakhouse - other than that, she's in great shape and the crew did a great job for us.

Sorry for the delayed response, have been out of commission due to a nasty flu. I appreciate everyone's input, and will put those fears aside and enjoy the Victory when the time comes. Now, onto the planning . . .

Yes...enjoy! I plan on doing the same in March. :D

Dee