Dawn Princess; cabin class and size of suites

scanditaly

We are booked into cabin C744 (corner-aft-port) which will be classified as a full suite in 2015. It seems right now that this room is a mini-suite classification, and although laid out as a suite, seems almost about the correct size. (but a little bit different)

There also seem to be a goodly number of minis along mid ship level, and it seems to me that if space is the priority, then those rooms would provide a better value than a full suite. Yes, I know, Laundry, and breakfast in Sabatini's would go away.

Any thoughts? comments? I am also interested in the balcony depth at the aft end on the Caribe (9) level. There were photos posted a few years back, but they are no longer available to view.

TIA, Lisa

We have sailed in D751 on Dawn Princess which is a mini suite much like I imagine your cabin is. Those aft mini's on Dawn Princess are something special. They really don't compare with the others along the sides of the ship. The layout is completely different. I have not travelled in a suite but believe that these aft minis are the next best thing.

Our balcony had two loungers, two normal chairs and a small table on it and there was a lot of room to move around but the one on Caribe deck would be even larger because of the shape of the stern of the ship. Yours will be deeper.

As far as the other perks in a suite are concerned I can't really comment only to say that there is no Sabatini's on Dawn so you wouldn't be missing out on that by going for a mini rather than a suite.

kind regards and happy cruising,

Colleen.