My 8 Day Semi Cruise from hell aboard the Carnival Breeze 10/26/13 - 11/4/13

Leo's Rule

This cold just won't let up. Tomorrow is supposed to be another frigid one! Schools been delayed about every morning and some schools cancelled for tomorrow already.

Leo, hopefully your computer thaws out soon. Looking forward to reading more.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OP: Please come back when you have the time and finish your review :D

I for one, am appalled at some of the posts scolding you like a child. :mad:

They are the ones acting like a tantrum having toddler, LOL.

Many reviews take this long and MUCH longer.

Don't let them ruin your review....there are others who genuinely like your review and are now waiting for the suspenseful ending...teehee.

I’ve decided the average age of CC posters is 13. I’ve never seen such rude people, not even on the wedding forums for theknot.com (and those women can get ferocious!). Do those people really think the things they say are appropriate? I mean, I get freedom of speech and all, but there’s no reason to purposefully hurt the feeling of others.

I don’t feel like this is taking too long at all. Not just for this thread, but for all threads, if you feel like it’s taking too long, subscribe and come back in a few months. The threads are typically complete by then and you can read them in their entirety.

Oh, and the person who blamed her for yourself not being able to make a decision on booking the Breeze because you thought she was taking too long: I typically just browse the different ships and their deck plans on the Carnival website and make my decision from that. The photo reviews only add to my excitement once I’ve booked. Maybe that would be a better route for you than depending on reviews from others? Everyone has their own opinions. She may have loved the Breeze, you may hate it.

One thing I’m curious about (nope, not the illness… as far as I’m concerned, that’s your business, not mine)- the Kit Kat… what made it nasty? :confused::D:p

I'm back!!! Responding to some posts and then will start my review. I had respinded to some of you, but my response was removed because it included a response to some who were causing problems. And though my reply was civil, the whole thing was removed.

My modem was replaced yesterday and I'm good to go.

OMG the Halloween Pictures are AWESOME! That's great that everyone participates so much. I would love to do a Halloween cruise. Unfortunately due to the work schedule I can never have a month end off. :mad:

You looked great as a nurse! I hope you got the officer's phone number!

Thanks for a great review!

Hope you are feeling better!

Thank you for the compliment. The officer had a girlfriend. I'm thankful she wasn't the jealous type; I saw him and asked her would she take our picture. Had her friend not said she was the girlfriend, I would have never known. I felt bad and apologized, but she thought it was cute.

And yes, I'm feeling much better.

I enjoyed the costumes. Some were cute and some were downright discusting

I agree too.

I really have enjoyed your review you and your mom are so funny! I can tell you had a good time and you have great memories with her! Looking forward to the ending and the BIG review of your diagnosis!

We have been on several Halloween cruises and some people are so creative with their costumes.

Yes, I have a good time with her. I started taking her on cruises for her birthday because she became a hermit.

And I agree, some are very creative.

Aruba is one of our destinations. How did you find your tour guide? Is Aruba a island with tall mountains and drop off roads or flat land?

The ports of call section can be your friend; that's how I found Sonny. But I also go on Tripadvisor. Aruba is much like Arizona to me, minus the mountains. It's hot and dry.

I had to go back through and look at all the wonderful Halloween pictures again, So many people got creative with their outfits. I also noticed your name tag, ha ha he he :D

Lol. I was being bad.

We had NO idea that you were that sick on the cruise.

Glad you're better. Great shots from Halloween.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again on the Splendor for the Nov. 1st sailing.

Cheers.

B&D

Yes, it was bad for me, but I'm a trooper.

Just read your review thus far in one sitting.

Very entertaining and suspenseful, thank you for posting, your way!

Your pup is so so cute!

I want those sobe boots, too, they are slammin'!

Glad you got to enjoy some of your cruise, anyway.

We loved the Breeze.....fantastic ship!

Thank you for complimenting my baby. She's my heart. And yes, those boots were fierce.

Leo's Rule: Same thing with us Baton Rougeians!!! It was horrible, we've had the wintery mix and a lil snow before but never like it was yesterday. My aunt lives in Houston (Cypress) and she said she didn't even try to make it to work....the made me wish I was on the cruise even more. LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lol. I hope you all are fine today...we have more bad weather today.

Wow, Thanks for posting all those pictures, I am in awe of all the costumes and the trouble cruisers went to dress up. They are awesome.

and Thank you for your review it is very interesting and sorry to hear that you were under the weather and glad that you were able to bounce back and enjoy the rest of the cruise.

can't wait for more.

Thank you. More is coming.

Love this review! The title about it being the cruise from Hell reeled me in, but I have enjoyed every bit of it, especially the Halloween pictures! Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share, sorry you were sick, hope you are better and glad you made the most of your cruise and shared it with us. I now want to cruise on Halloween and find it ironic that the Halloween pics are on page 13!

I realize the title may have made some think it was like the unfortunate events on the Triumph, but the cruise was hell for me...well semi hell for me.

I think it would be great to do a Halloween cruise at least once. I was worried because I really don't celebrate Halloween, but I thought it would be fun to dress up.

I'm enjoying your review and pics!! Sorry to hear that you were ill for part of your cruise. Glad you were able to enjoy the rest of the cruise with your mom. I never sailed on Halloween, but after seeing the pics It makes me want to sail during Halloween.

Thank you. I think you should do a Halloween cruise at least once. It was fun to me.

Actually, those Halloween pictures made me thankful I've never cruised then. Those people made me uneasy. I don't like huge Mardi Gras parades for the same reason.

Rodeo Clowns, love them.

Lol. All weren't bad, but I understand it's a personal preference.

I am loving this review! I love the pictures too! It makes me remember my cruise on the Breeze last June! So glad you are feeling better and that you don't take the negatives seriously. They so aren't worth the time!

It was rough. I tend to have a smart mouth; well others say it's smart, but I'm a blunt person. I had to find ways to reword my comments and still get my point across, but the rude comments were removed and so were my responses. :( But you're right, they weren't worth it but some ppl make it hard not to respond.

I think if you like craziness and Halloween you would probably love the Halloween cruises. I was a little disappointed they set up for Halloween the afternoon before, not my choice but certainly didn't kill my cruise.

I had the same concern after I realized we'd be on the cruise for Halloween, but it was actually fun for me. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. My mom isn't doing another one....ever.

Love the Halloween pictures! And that cop tho! :D I'm so excited about being in San Juan for Halloween this year!

Yes, that cop was sexy. You're going down a day or two early? If I still go, I'm coming down the day of.

Yep, we live in the south for a reason. This cold weather is for the birds!

Excited to read/see the rest of your review.

Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Exactly! This cold weather is overrated. Lol. And we have more of it today. More review is coming.

This cold just won't let up. Tomorrow is supposed to be another frigid one! Schools been delayed about every morning and some schools cancelled for tomorrow already.

Leo, hopefully your computer thaws out soon. Looking forward to reading more.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It was the modem; turns out it died. It was replaced yesterday, so I'm back in business.

Tomorrow will be our 5th day off of school in January, kids will have to make up in June. Today and tomorrow our wind chills have reached -40; our high with out the wind chill was -12. I need more pictures from Leo to take my mind off the great artic chill here.

OMG!!! My bones are knocking together at the thought of -40. I've had a 5 day weekend. More pictures are coming.

Us in Houston are about to be hit by another ice storm.

Yes. Everything is closed today.

OP: Please come back when you have the time and finish your review

I for one, am appalled at some of the posts scolding you like a child. :mad:

They are the ones acting like a tantrum having toddler, LOL.

Many reviews take this long and MUCH longer.

Don't let them ruin your review....there are others who genuinely like your review and are now waiting for the suspenseful ending...teehee.

I'm coming back/am back. I did contemplate not coming back especially when one of the posts turned stalker ish.

I’ve decided the average age of CC posters is 13. I’ve never seen such rude people, not even on the wedding forums for theknot.com (and those women can get ferocious!). Do those people really think the things they say are appropriate? I mean, I get freedom of speech and all, but there’s no reason to purposefully hurt the feeling of others.

I don’t feel like this is taking too long at all. Not just for this thread, but for all threads, if you feel like it’s taking too long, subscribe and come back in a few months. The threads are typically complete by then and you can read them in their entirety.

Oh, and the person who blamed her for yourself not being able to make a decision on booking the Breeze because you thought she was taking too long: I typically just browse the different ships and their deck plans on the Carnival website and make my decision from that. The photo reviews only add to my excitement once I’ve booked. Maybe that would be a better route for you than depending on reviews from others? Everyone has their own opinions. She may have loved the Breeze, you may hate it.

One thing I’m curious about (nope, not the illness… as far as I’m concerned, that’s your business, not mine)- the Kit Kat… what made it nasty? :confused:

Thank you for your comments.

Lol, the chocolate on the Kit Kat was nasty to me. The taste was odd. But I'm not a real chocolate candy fan. If I eat chocolate there has to be nuts or a wafer...no fruit fillings or plain chocolate or peanut butter for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

Fun Day at Sea 2

Without seeing the Fun Times I really can't recall everything that was done on this day and I don't have many pictures to refresh my memory.

We made it to breakfast in the Blush MDR this morning and there was a bit of a line. The one thing that stands out about our wait is there was a lady in a wheelchair who had the nastiest attitude. The hostess was trying to direct her to enter the dining room through a different entrance; one that would accommodate her wheelchair and she began to yell at the hostess. She kept saying she wanted to eat breakfast and wanted to know how was she to get down the steps in the wheelchair. The hostess kept her composure and politely instructed the woman again where to enter the dining room.

I don't know if the lady was having a bad day or if she's ugly all the time, but I would think her attitude would change if it were the latter, but maybe that's just me. I was thankful the lady wasn't seated with us. But now that I think about it, I think she has a nasty attitude; she was seated at the table across from ours and she was giving the server hell.

Our tablemates were friendly. My breakfast consisted of pancakes, shell eggs, hashbrowns, and fruit. I've never noticed the dessert on the breakfast menu, but a tablemate ordered dessert, so I did too. :) Let's just say it was gross.

Breakfast photos:

1554454_10200630000546984_1720046452_n.jpg

This was the dining room for those with assigned dining. This is also where brunch was held.

1002496_10200629999826966_1785354037_n.jpg

Tablemate's breakfast. I think this is called Funny French Toast. His had Frosted Flakes. I loooooooooooove Frosted Flakes and I like french toast, but I couldn't possibly eat those together. My teeth hurt just thinking about it.

68643_10200629999626961_1846407511_n.jpg

This was a brownie. I so wanted to like this, but the chocolate was too sweet and blah. There were nuts in it, but this just wasn't good to me. You may not want to take my word for this because I hate the warm chocolate melting cake too.

1560685_10200630000346979_1612719769_n.jpg

I don't recall what this tasted like (I sampled it), but my mom took this to go.

The events after breakfast are a blur. It's possible we played trivia games; I know we played them, I just can't recall if they were on this sea day. Around lunch we wanted the BBQ, but it was closed due to the weather, but I don't recall what we ate instead. It's highly possible we headed back to the cabin for rest.

I believe this was the day the 2nd M&G was held, but I didn't sign up for it; it was 2 hours long and would have been a waste of money. I don't even think I drink 10 alcoholic beverages in a year! I ran into some of my peers from the roll call and you can tell some had put away some drinks. We chatted for a while and then went our separate ways; it was time to prepare for dinner. I ran into the cruise director and posed for a photo:

1558467_10200630000946994_1972857874_n.jpg

Tonight was the 2nd elegant night, but I don't recall what I ate. My cutie pie server pulled me up to dance with him during the waitstaff's performance of Gangam Style. I had fun. I was shocked I was able to dance in 4 inch heels.

After dinner we went to that joke of a performance, DIVAS. Aren't divas women? Then why were men a part of the showcase? This should be renamed Divas and Divos if they're going to include men. The cast couldn't sing to save their lives and I laughed at the guy who was Prince. He stood in front of me, touched my head and sang, but it was funny to me.

Carnival should be ashamed of themselves for showing that.

After the show, mom and I walked around a bit, but we passed by the club and I wanted to go in, but she didn't. She headed to the room and I spent my time in the club. It was ok, but the cast from Divas came in and practically took over the dance floor. I eventually called it a night when the DJ started playing a lot of techno music.

1499482_10200629999946969_1114276696_n.jpg

Me and Saka. If anyone is going on the Breeze soon and if he's still in the Sapphire Dining Room, tell him that Nurse Anita said hello.

1557458_10200630001587010_304963936_n.jpg

Mom and I posing during dinner

1526997_10200630002067022_981948146_n.jpg

Styling and profiling for the camera

1013161_10200630003027046_1739672756_n.jpg

I love this picture of my mother.

1504050_10200630002027021_836523465_n.jpg

The stage

Lol' date=' the chocolate on the Kit Kat was nasty to me. The taste was odd. But I'm not a real chocolate candy fan. If I eat chocolate there has to be nuts or a wafer...no fruit fillings or plain chocolate or peanut butter for me.[/quote']

Ah! Okay... I was thinking maybe it was different from the Kit Kats here in the US or something :) They're made by Nestle, and I'm not a huge fan of Nestle chocolate (I'm a Hershey's girl lol) so I can understand why you would think the chocolate wasn't too good. But man, I love Kit Kats, Nestle or not! lol

Fun Day at Sea 3

I haven't the slightest idea what was done in the AM. I do know we were able to try Fat Jimmy's BBQ today, but OMG, that line was super duper long!!!! The BBQ was ok. The rest of the day is a distant memory too; I don't know if I ate in the MDR or on the lido.

Mom and I went to the comedy show tonight; Just June was the comedienne. Others have stated she's extremely funny, but I wouldn't say that; don't get me wrong, she's funny, but not to the extent others have stated. But of course, everything is subjective.

I enjoyed her show and stayed for the 2nd performance, but my mom went back to the room. I loved the fact that June didn't repeat her material; the only thing that she repeated was her closing act, and even then she changed the song.

After the comedy show I walked around and took pictures of the things I didn't get pictures of. I THINK I may have watched a movie on the big screen, but I'm not completely sure. Eventually I get myself some pizza and some for my mom in the event she was still awake, and headed to the cabin.

Around the ship

1520621_10200630016067372_755567228_n.jpg

Fat Jimmy's menu

1528512_10200630016187375_922942409_n.jpg

Me and Just June. I know you really can't see my necklace, but I forgot to mention that one of the ladies from the roll call made those for us. Our name and CC name was on it.

Photos taken after the comedy show

1010474_10200630015987370_2123407259_n.jpg

I so wished I could have gone down the slides.

1526769_10200630017027396_148052430_n.jpg

1507971_10200630017907418_1903641122_n.jpg

I heard these were good.

1525591_10200630018267427_1009030454_n.jpg

The golf course

Well, I guess I can type more of my review. I was taking a nap and my phone woke me up.

Ah! Okay... I was thinking maybe it was different from the Kit Kats here in the US or something :) They're made by Nestle, and I'm not a huge fan of Nestle chocolate (I'm a Hershey's girl lol) so I can understand why you would think the chocolate wasn't too good. But man, I love Kit Kats, Nestle or not! lol

I looooove Kit Kats. And then Snickers (peanuts or almonds), Peanut and Almond M&Ms, and the Ferrero Rocher candy (gold wrapper).

That is cute of your mom. Your picture wasn't bad though:)

What was with the tiny funnel (Carnival funnel)?

So does Aruba have mountains? I am confused:)

Aww...thank you. No mountains. Flat, dry land.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

That is cute of your mom. Your picture wasn't bad though:)

What was with the tiny funnel (Carnival funnel)?

So does Aruba have mountains? I am confused:)

I forgot to answer your question about the funnel; those are a part of the golf course.

Enjoying your review so far, and personally I'm glad you are telling every detail, even the bad stuff. It's all part of the experience, and that's what makes a good review! Sorry you were sick!!!

Thank you.

Debarkation & Post Cruise

I slept as late as I could; I was in no hurry to get off the ship. I don't recall if I had set clothes aside the previous night or if I held on to my luggage. Maybe I held on to them; it's not like we needed to rush off the ship.

I pose with the towel animals and then I said bye to my room.

1545666_10200630078228926_2099717448_n.jpg

Don't talk about the room. Towels from the morning's shower were on the bed.

There were some nights I didn't receive a towel animal because I never left the room. When I did receive towel animals I would place them in the window sill, but they would be gone when I returned to the room. I left a note for the room steward explaining that I liked to keep my animals and asked that he no longer remove them. I also asked if he could remake the ones he removed and to my surprise, he did!!!! I was overjoyed. I guess I should have asked him to make the 3 I didn't get. :D

When we left the room we were in search of our room steward so we could give him his much deserved tip and then we headed to the Lido deck. I took some pictures after eating at the Blue Iguana and let me tell you; those breakfast burritos were huge and good.

1545221_10200630080348979_1150262418_n.jpg

A ship that was in port while we were eating breakfast.

1509907_10200630078668937_968679037_n.jpg

The cute iquana.

For some reason it took the crew a moment to get through some of the numbers for disembarking, but I was cool with it; we couldn't check in to the hotel until 3 pm, but then they started picking up the pace. We waited as long as we could on the ship, but decided to stop avoiding the inevitable.

Going through customs was a breeze. :p Once outside we hail a cab. Prior to the cruise I researched rates from the port to the hotel using fare finder; let's just say it was off; the actual fare was higher (the site does give three price ranges) and the site didn't list the $2.00 surcharge that is added on. Had I known about the surcharge I wouldn't have accused the 1st cab driver of trying to cheat me and I would have let him take us to the hotel. Actually, no I wouldn't have because the inside of his car looked like a death trap.

We arrive at the Hampton in no time. I was totally prepared to have the hotel hold our bags since check in wasn't until 3, but to my surprise, our room was ready.

My stomach is craving food. I'll be back later to wrap up the review.

I was loving everything about your review until the chocolate melting cake dis lol.....how can one not love that? :confused::confused::confused:

J/K. I am fully aware we all have different opinions and that's why I love reading people's reviews.

My place is marked for me to come back to.

I was loving everything about your review until the chocolate melting cake dis lol.....how can one not love that? :confused::confused::confused:

J/K. I am fully aware we all have different opinions and that's why I love reading people's reviews.

My place is marked for me to come back to.

LOL. It's not cake; it's more goo than cake for me. It's like eating melted chocolate.